Texas Capital Bank Technical Writer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1.0

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Texas Capital Bank (Richardson, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied through the means on a professional friend whom worked for the bank. I had a recruiter reach out to me fairly quick. Everything was very well organized to this point, and I was very happy that they saw me very quickly.

However, as much as that was great, I soon saw what I was getting myself into. I showcased my skills very well, and not to just the hiring Manager. I had four other Technical Writers interviewing me. Each time I showed my skill set, I would always get told that I was "way ahead" of where this bank was in their process development. I understood this bank was small, from my previous bank, where I worked as a Technical Analyst, but I clearly saw this as a hindrance in their eyes. Then, when I noticed they couldn't really throw any thing at me of merit, they took this interview to, what seemed, a dead talk of nothing of importance.

Don't get me wrong, all the writers were very kind and spirited, but one thing I needed to mention: This entire staff was females in their late 40's. This was even brought up as some of the ladies said I was close to their kids age. The conversation/interview was stated for 45 minutes, but we ended being their for an hour and a half. The other writers gave me their farewells, and were very nice, and the hiring manager spoke to me for a few seconds while we were standing. As we walked out, the hallway with the elevators was still packed with the four writers, and some other employees. I overheard one say they liked me, but they didn't feel like having a one of their children working next to them. (Referring to me). The other lady (Who was a very tall Latino woman) said that I looked like a sexy nerd, Thanks BTW.

Overall I feel my interview was dead in the water based on my age and my gender. But, honestly, I wish no one there a evil word. Thank you for the chance to interview, and at least make me feel I had a chance.

Interview Questions

• How would you improve the way we delivery our documents for training?   1 Answer