Texas Children's Hospital Interview Questions in Houston, TX | Glassdoor

2.8

44 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Texas Children's Hospital (Houston, TX).

Interview

The interview process went on for half an hour. I was introduced to everyone in the team. Teh questions were simple, mainly cocerned to my previous work experience. There weren't any specific or pressurising questions.

Patient Care Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Texas Children's Hospital (Houston, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Overall a three week process, beginning with a phone interview and lastly a panel interview. The questions asked during the interview were Behavioral questions! Very friendly welcoming staff! Easy going process.

Interview Questions

• All behavioral questions - difficult time? Difficult customer? How you deal with change?   Answer Question

RN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Texas Children's Hospital (Houston, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Easy process. The hiring manager seemed very pleasant and easy going. However, she said she would get back with me a week later. Two weeks passed by and nothing. I called her back and she emailed me saying that she was still interviewing candidates and that she would get in touch with me later on that week. Unless their process is EXTREMELY low, I have no hopes because 3 weeks later, I haven't heard back from her. I was well-qualified for the position.

Department Secretary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Children's Hospital (Houston, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

First interview was with the Assist Director at the SW location. I had gone on my day off to be flexible. The interview was ok. She asked behavioral questions and we talked; which I feel is a better way to get to know someone. The interview was an hour long. 3 weeks later there was a second interview. It was with a panel of 4 people.

They were leaders within the clinic. They asked behavioral questions, and they asked me to walk them through my resume. They answered some of my questions at the end but not all. They couldnt tell me when a decision was going to be made.

The interview was 1 hour long.

Interview Questions

• If you manager described you in 3 words what 3 adjectives would she/he give?

Describe a time you had to stop your work to help a coworker with their work. How did you handle the situation and what was the outcome?

Walk us through your resume.

They literally flipped through pages of long behavioral questions, reading them off the paper. after a while I started to answer the questions, but would forget the next part of the questions. The questions were in 3 parts. You have to answer the questions on 4 part format(STAR).   Answer Question

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Texas Children's Hospital (Houston, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

I went online to apply for a Pharmacy Technician and later receive interview questions through an email. I received another email requesting an interview in person that also requires a basic math skills test prior to the interview. Just waiting to see how that goes

Sterile Processing Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Children's Hospital (Houston, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied for the OR processing technician position for the new The Woodlands location. I was interviewed by 3 people. The process went smoothly, they were friendly. I did received an offer 2 weeks after the interview but I declined. For me being a tech III, $14.30 was too low. My current job pays over $2 that amount.

Interview Questions

• They asked about a time when work was difficult for me and how did I manage it.   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Texas Children's Hospital (Houston, TX).

Interview

Interview with human resources nurse recruiter only over phone, super nice, thorough, helped me to relocate and were super supportive when I arrived. Made me feel very comfortable and was not intimidating at all. Helped me with licencing process in Texas and was available to answer any questions that I had, even months after moving to Houston.

Interview Questions

• How did i handle a difficult situation with a family member or staff in past.   Answer Question

Patient Access Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Texas Children's Hospital (Houston, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

Interview Questions

• Would I be willing to commute?My interview was interactive and to the point that's what I liked the best. Answered all my question. Very thoroughly in explaining the background of the company and the growth opportunities. Explained in full detail what the position could and offer now and In the future.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Just be prepared to yes, My interview was interactive and to the point that's what I liked the best. Answered all my question. Very thoroughly in explaining the background of the company and the growth opportunities. Explained in full detail what the position could and offer now and In the future.

Medical Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Children's Hospital (Houston, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

First the recruiter called me to express interest. The next few days the hiring manager contacted me for a phone interview and then we scheduled a panel interview. Three professionals were on the panel. One week later, the hiring manager called me for a second interview.

Interview Questions

• How did I handle an unethical situation with a co-worker, was it resolved?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I am happy with my salary offer-no negotiations

LVN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Texas Children's Hospital (Houston, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied through a recruiter. She said I was way qualified for the position so I should hear back from a department manager quickly. I didn't. It took 2 weeks to just get an interview.

Interview was on 5/12/16 and I thought it was good, I thought I nailed it. My interviewer said I'd hear back from her either way (offer or no offer) within 2 weeks, max. At the 3 week mark I called her asking the status and it hadn't been filled yet but she was still interviewing.

Fast forward to today, 7/30/16, and I still haven't received a courtesy call saying I didn't get the job. Very unprofessional.

It was my dream to work for Texas Children's, but not anymore.