Texas Commission on Environmental Quality Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Texas Commission on Environmental Quality Interview Questions

Interviews at Texas Commission on Environmental Quality

Environmental Protection Specialist III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (Houston, TX) in November 2020.

Interview

I received a call to schedule a zoom interview after about 1 month of applying online. There were 3 team members, The interviewer was very professional, responsive to emails and friendly. There were 13 questions in total, 2 about eligibility, 7 about customer service experience and team work, 2 about TPDES and its objectives, 2 about TCEQ and its objectives. I got a call about the update after 2 weeks

Interview Questions

• What is the objective of TCEQ
      Different scenerios involving customer service expperience
      How will you explain technical terms to a non technical person
      My team work experience   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Texas Commission on Environmental Quality.

Interview

It was a mass hire event. Being there first was defiantly an advantage. People were interviewed in the order in which they arrived. It was otherwise a fairly straight forward process compared to other interviews.

Permit Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Texas Commission on Environmental Quality in September 2020.

Interview

After submitting completed State application by email I received phone call about two weeks later set up interview. Interview was completed remotely. Questions were standard questions about workplace habits and relevant job experience.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (Austin, TX) in June 2020.

Interview

Video interview. 3 persons total, 1 asking the prescribed questions and another writing your response down. They had me look over the questions for a few minutes before beginning the interview. It was all pretty much non-technical. Nice people.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of explaining a technical concept to a non-technical audience?   Answer Question

Corrective Action Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Texas Commission on Environmental Quality.

Interview

Applied online, Interviewed in person. 2 people at the panel, one recording/writing everything i said down, the other asking the questions. The interview went really well but they take too long to get back to you.

Corrective Action Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (Austin, TX) in November 2019.

Interview

Standard interview with pre-approved list of questions. 2 part interview with behavioral/scenario questions, then technical questions involving reading diagrams and tables. They did not shake my hand at the end of the interview.

Intern Interview

Interview

The interview was over phone and it was pretty much like every other interview with some behavioral and technical questions asked. I had two people talking to me over the phone.

NRM Specailaist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (Austin, TX).

Interview

7-8 Behavioral question, they were two people, one was asking the question and another was writing the answers. It was pretty informal type of interview. They give you time to express your opinion.

Attorney Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Texas Commission on Environmental Quality.

Interview

There are specific form questions that they ask and typically 2 people who interview you. The questions can be fairly basic but also relate to the job you are applying for. Do not be put off by the awkwardness that can happen, as they ask all interviewees the exact same questions.

Interview Questions

• Name three environmental laws.   1 Answer

Environmental Investigator II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (Houston, TX) in July 2019.

Interview

Interviewed at Houston, TX office. They had multiple openings. Typical panel interview, went smoothly, they were very nice and I felt comfortable. I thought it went quite well but I did not hear back until weeks later with a job offer the evening (9:30pm) before the supposed start date. I had already accepted another offer, but I don't think I would accept this one regardless. It was weird to call me so late wanting me to start ASAP when they knew I would have to relocate. Seemed unorganized and unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had a conflict with a coworker and how did you handle it? What motivates you?   Answer Question