Texas Commission on Environmental Quality Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Texas Commission on Environmental Quality Interview Questions

Updated Jul 12, 2017

2.9

Environmental Investigator II Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Texas Commission on Environmental Quality.

Interview

This was a phone screen interview. 2 people asked 4 question and this was to see who would be invited back for an in-person interview. I was pretty disappointed that these folks would make you jump through these hoops, especially this kind of interview, for such a low-paying position.

Environmental Investigator II Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Texas Commission on Environmental Quality in July 2017.

Interview

Emailed an application and received a phone interview that was short and fairly straightforward. Interviewed on-sight. There were a series of 10 questions that we also pretty straightforward. I was given a written question that I think was mainly to assess my writing ability, since that is one of the job requirements. The staff that interviewed me were friendly and competent and the interview was pleasant.

Interview Questions

• What was an instance that you've had a work place disagreement and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Natural Resource Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Texas Commission on Environmental Quality.

Interview

I interviewed to become a Watermaster Specialist. Two people interviewed me. Only one spoke but they both wrote down my answers. First they did some "housecleaning" as she called it which was just asking if I would be able to start on a certain date and those kind of questions. Then they had a paper with prewritten questions which they went through with me. She let me skip a question then go back to it at the end (but I didn't get the job so I don't suggest that) Then they let me ask questions. That was it. No test or anything else.

Interview Questions

• How would you react if a landowner got mad and in your face while you were out in the field?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Interview

I have on site interview after applying. My resume was accepted through career fair. On site interview proceeded about 20 minutes. There were two manager and ask me questions.

Interview Questions

• Q. What courses did you take and explain? What was your role when doing team project?   Answer Question

Environmental Investigator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (Houston, TX).

Interview

I had to write a test complete with essay. Then I sat through an interview that lasted two hours. The entire interview lasted approximately 3 hours. It usually takes this agency a long time to call people back to offer a job. I only waited 30 days, however I have heard from several people who became employees, that they hadn't heard back for up to 6 months after the interview. It is so slow because the applications, interview summary etc has to go through so many different levels of management.

Interview Questions

• If you have conflict with a fellow employee, how would you address it?   Answer Question

Natural Resource Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (Austin, TX).

Interview

Was a nice interview, a lot better than what I have had in the past, there were 3 people in the room.
    Was a relaxed interview, everyone was friendly and nice.

Environmental Permit Specialist I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (Austin, TX).

Interview

Applied via email, received a call to set up the interview about a month later. Interview lasted a little over an hour, with fairly simple, common questions asking about how you handle workload, why you are interested in permitting, and what experience/insight can you bring to the agency. Short written question to judge writing skills. Heard back after about a week with an offer, was able to push back my start date to allow time to move.

Attorney II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (Austin, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with a panel of three. Supervisor took notes while two staff members asked questions. Most questions were technical or role related instead of personality based or the top interview questions you would expect. Then given 15 minutes for a written response to one question. Then I was given an opportunity to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• What is one of your greatest achievements? How did you work towards it and what was the key to your success?   Answer Question

Engineering Specialist III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (Austin, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied via email, received a call to set up the interview about a one week later. Interview lasted a little over three hours, with Technical and non-technical questions asking about how you handle workload, why you are interested in permitting, and what experience/insight can you bring to the agency. Short written question to judge writing skills. Heard back after about a week with an offer, was able to push back my start date to allow time to move

Negotiation

It went very well

Accountant I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (Austin, TX).

Interview

The interview was very long, closer to two hours than one, but overall a positive experience. Questions were given to me for review a few minutes before the interview. The interviewers were looking for specific answers, but would occasionally guide me towards the correct answer. I applied through the transitions pool, which contributed to the long process time. They contacted me when they felt there was a position available for which I would be well suited. Many people are hired this way, and is a great option to get a foot in the door. It took about three weeks from scheduling the initial interview to starting the job.