Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services Interview Questions

Updated Feb 10, 2017

2.7

Social Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Abilene, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services (Abilene, TX).

Interview

It is a 2 person interview with a Director and a peer. Different questions are asked along with scenarios and what would you do?
    Need to have previous experience with individuals who have intellectual and developmental disabilities.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. It is what it is.

Claims Examiner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services (Austin, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Pretty typical, definitely need to arrive early because you will have to be checked in by security. After being checked in the interviewer came to the front and I was taken to a room with one other person. I was interviewed by the two people but it was much more of a conversation between us three and didn't seem like two people barking questions at you.

Claims Examiner Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services in May 2016.

Interview

The interview was 2 weeks after I was contacted and scheduled by email.
    I was interviewed by the two people with typical behavior-based interview questions.The Hiring Manager and the Program Director did the interview. Before the interview started, the two interviewers explained the position and mission for their department.

Social Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

face to face interview. The standard social worker interview questions. I do not have much to say about the interview. It was a lot of what would you do in this situation questions.

Community Care Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services (Dallas, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

I got to the interview and had to wait past my allotted interview time as the previous person was still in their interview. The interview probably lasted 30 minutes and were all scenario based questions. I was not asked much about myself. I then had to do sample tasks that would be done on the job. There wasn't much instruction so I'm not sure how that went since my handwriting got messy by the end of it. I am supposed to hear back in the next week.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you went on a client visit in an unsafe neighborhood and couldn't find the apartment but you had to complete the visit that day?   Answer Question

DSP I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services (Lubbock, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

You apply online, then go for a drug screen. They do a first background check and then another FBI fingerprint check. Then, you go in for an interview, watch a short video that doesn't really accurately portray the job here, and have a verbal interview. It's one of those jobs you feel like you already have it as long as you can pass the interview because they go through so many people that they almost have to hire most people.

Interview Questions

• They give you a sheet of paper showing the questions they're asking you. The questions were pretty easy like, "Describe a challenging situation you've had at work and how have you handled it?" I think one question you write down which is a scenario of what you would do if 2 residents were arguing and one threw a chair at the other one.   Answer Question

Community Care Worker II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services (Austin, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Application is done online through the Health and Human Services website, no cover letter required. It took about a month to hear back; I was told I met the initial requirements and was invited for an interview. Easy interview process with a small panel of supervisors; some basic questions and maybe one situational question. I heard back within a week after the interview.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your organizational skills?
      What are some of your interviewing techniques? How would you go about obtaining sensitive information from a client?
      How would you deal with an irate client?
      What is your strength and what is your weakness?
      Answer Question

Community Care Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Temple, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services (Temple, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

Asked a series of questions and had to respond. Took some computer tests on how to schedule out your day. What I should have realized from this interview is that they expect you to train yourself for a job you've never done. Yup. Didn't write that wrong. They want you to train yourself on how to use the computer systems and when you have no idea how to use the software they look at you like your'e stupid.

Interview Questions

• How will you manage your scheduler if you have 100 people to see in one month?   2 Answers

Internal Auditor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services in September 2014.

Interview

All contact outside of the interview was done by telephone.

The interview was a little rote - they had stock questions and took notes, but didn't allow for a non-traditional background. Any informal discussion had to be initiated by the interviewee.

I found that they responded better to friendly open comments, and want to like you. It's a small agency, and team-playing is a vital part of keeping business going.

Interview Questions

• Not really anything unexpected; as always it's difficult to sell but not oversell yourself.   Answer Question

Risk Assessment Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services (Austin, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

I think the interview is very fair. You get the questions beforehand if you show up early for the interview. I then did a 30 minute in-basket after the interview. After the interview, this particular supervisor was exceptionally quick with the turnaround. I heard whether or not I got the job within a few days of my interview.

Interview Questions

• What has been your biggest achievement in your career?   Answer Question