Texas Department of Assistive & Rehabilitative Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Texas Department of Assistive & Rehabilitative Services Interview Questions

Interviews at Texas Department of Assistive & Rehabilitative Services

3.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Texas Department of Assistive & Rehabilitative Services

Sort:

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Department of Assistive & Rehabilitative Services (Houston, TX) in October 2010.

Interview

Exam and an Interview after initial screening. Exam to assess writing and knowledge of disabilities as well as associated services. The interview was a panel interview which occurred during the second interview. Credentials will be verified to assist in determination on pay range offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Little room for negotiation. Salary range is listed in the job descriptions on HHSC website.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Texas Department of Assistive & Rehabilitative Services (Dallas, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

from submission of application to interview - took more than a few weeks to be notified that I was in the interview pool. standard for government position. then interview was a panel interview with area manager and a few other counselors.

Interview Questions

• Questions asked were about the vocational rehabilitation process as well as generic "getting to know you" questions: most difficult task at work and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Department of Assistive & Rehabilitative Services (Houston, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with the manager, questions were based off of a general required form. About 8 lengthy questions. Overall the interview was fine, asked several questions and really asked about the office culture and what strengths and weaknesses that particular office had! Asking questions to gather as much information as possible to decide if that was a place I really wanted to be seemed to seal the deal!

Interview Questions

• What are the 3 major disability groups?   3 Answers

Negotiation

Was not able to negotiate, prices were as is. They informed you of merit raises etc. But fail to tell you about all the major deductions like 401k, dental, health..etc leaving you almost penniless. If you genuinely do not enjoy helping others or have a passion for this careerfield...RUN! It is not for you, trust me.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Texas Department of Assistive & Rehabilitative Services (Dallas, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

It was s standard format interview. I had to tell how I would address certain scenarios with consumers. What are my strengths and weaknesses, what do i know concerning organizational policy? It was less than stimulating. I felt angry after the interview because I already knew many people who were counselors in the agency. I knew what their perspective was.

Interview Questions

• In the agency, you will be required to work as a member of a team. There will be a group of counselors and RST's to work along side with. Describe your philosophy about being a team member. >   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Texas Department of Assistive & Rehabilitative Services (Austin, TX).

Interview

The process was well organized. Although there were a series of standardized questions that were asked, there was also opportunities to get to know each other and find out more about the culture.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Asked for more money than what I was supposed to get (following the State of Texas progression), and I received what I asked for.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Texas Department of Assistive & Rehabilitative Services.

Interview

1 round of interview by Panel. good technical and situational questions.

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Texas Department of Assistive & Rehabilitative Services (Austin, TX) in March 2011.

Interview

An officer called me after I submitted an online application. The interview consisted of a technical skills test and a verbal Q & A. The department head and his assistant interviewed me. After a job description, they questioned me, and then had me take a skills test. The whole process took about two hours.

Interview Questions

• Initially, they asked me why I wanted to work at DARS. Then I was prompted to discuss my knowledge and experience about accessibility and plain language. processes their department used. They tested for track changes in Word. They asked me how I approached a document design process.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Department of Assistive & Rehabilitative Services.

Interview

Typically two interviews. The first is with the hiring managers, during which you will answer some questions from the hiring manager and questions in a word document (only three of which are relevant). These questions ask about purchasing practices (best value); others ask general questions (time when you had a conflict, etc). The second interview is a panel interview...during this time you will be asked formatted questions (computer experience, work practices, etc). These questions are asked by the hiring manager, area manager and 1 to 2 people you will work with daily. Overall, the interview process asks questions that give no indication of how you will actually perform in the job.

Interview Questions

• Explain best value purchasing; give the name of 3 community resources   Answer Question

Negotiation

No real negotiation, you are told the pay and you can accept it if you want.