Texas Department of Criminal Justice Correctional Officer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Correctional Officer

Texas Department of Criminal Justice Correctional Officer Interview Questions

Updated Dec 11, 2017

1.4

29 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Killeen, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Texas Department of Criminal Justice (Killeen, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

The hiring process is pretty fast and easy. You'll test and interview that same day, and you may get hired on spot or wait up to 2 weeks so they can get more information on your background.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a CO?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Texas Department of Criminal Justice

Correctional Officer Interview

Interview

The interview process began with aptitude test. It was followed by short questions on personality, education and leadership. I did not have much problems passing the interview. Then I was asked to send by fax my highest qualification.

Anonymous Employee in Killeen, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Texas Department of Criminal Justice (Killeen, TX).

Interview

Very easy and the interview lasted all but 5-10 minutes. Interview in alphabetical order. may be interviewing 40 others at same location after taking the entry test. The whole test and interview process took about 2-3 hours.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for this job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Texas Department of Criminal Justice (Huntsville, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process for prior military is fairly smooth. It all takes place in one day. Military is exempt from the testing requirements and I only one interview which occurred the same day. Overall, the entire hiring process took about a month.

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Texas Department of Criminal Justice (Huntsville, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview was brief. The gentleman who interviewed me asked me what I thought a Correctional Officer did on a routine basis. Also, he asked me why I wanted to be a Correctional Officer.

Correctional Officer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Department of Criminal Justice.

Interview

Very short and easy test, very short and easy interview. Honestly, they'll pretty much hire anyone as long as you don't say anything really stupid during the process. All they care about is passing the test and not having a criminal history.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a correctional officer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tennessee Colony, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Department of Criminal Justice (Tennessee Colony, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

went in for a test passed, waited all day then went in for an interview and they gave me a conditional offer, then 2 weeks later I had to take a physical test that consist of running, climbing ladders and carrying weights etc... then started the academy the next Monday.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

they will hire anyone who can pass the tests and they are not hard at all...

Correctional Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Department of Criminal Justice in January 2015.

Interview

after taking test had interview.The background check only took 3 business days.They called me an said they completed my application and i was hired.I think former military speed things up.I report to academy in 2 weeks for physical Test and then start the next day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Anonymous Employee in Tyler, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Texas Department of Criminal Justice (Tyler, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

Showed up at 7am to the Texas Workforce office for group orientation, filling out paperwork as a group, written tests, then one-on-one interview with recruiter. The process lasted until 1pm. Getting offered the job depends mostly on your criminal background check. The TDCJ website has all of the info you need about what to bring such as ID and tells you about the written tests you have to take. You need to know which prisons you want to work at as you will be asked to pick three units for the application. Factors to consider are distance from home and schedule. Some units work 12hr shifts 4 days on, 4 days off. Others work 8hr shift 6 days on, 3 days off, and have day, evening, and night cards. Some units are offering a sign on bonus these days.

Anonymous Employee in Marlin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Department of Criminal Justice (Marlin, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

There really wasn't an interview, on the day that I took my assessment I spoke with a gentleman briefly and later I was contacted about the job. The man that I spoke with was very polite, there were several of us there so he didn't have a lot of time to spend with each of us.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to be a Correctional Officer   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was not negotiation phase.