Texas Department of Criminal Justice Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Texas Department of Criminal Justice

2.2

Sort:

Anonymous Employee in Killeen, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Texas Department of Criminal Justice (Killeen, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

The hiring process is pretty fast and easy. You'll test and interview that same day, and you may get hired on spot or wait up to 2 weeks so they can get more information on your background.

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Texas Department of Criminal Justice (Huntsville, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process for prior military is fairly smooth. It all takes place in one day. Military is exempt from the testing requirements and I only one interview which occurred the same day. Overall, the entire hiring process took about a month.

Anonymous Employee in Lamesa, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Texas Department of Criminal Justice (Lamesa, TX) in July 2013.

Interview

After you submit docs, you will select a date and location to take a pre-employment test. You go to the location and there is a representative there to ensure you have appropriate documents (i.e. proof of work eligibility, proof of education). He gives a brief lecture and you take a 100-question pre-employment test. The test is multiple choice and includes questions about morals and certain situations, questions designed to test your ability to think on the fly (like asking about the application of a policy you have never read and expecting you to make a educated guess), and questions designed to test your memory (look at this picture for 60 seconds, then answer questions based on your memory of the picture). If you pass, you will be given a date to begin preservice training at the nearest academy. Everything else, like the drug test, testing on policy, physical fitness exam, and all that was done at the preservice academy after accepting the conditional offer of employment.

Interview Questions

• There was no formal interview to my recollection. It was a group setting and the focus was on eligibility and passing the test, not on individual performance.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Marlin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Texas Department of Criminal Justice (Marlin, TX) in August 2013.

Interview

The hiring interview went very well everyone was nice and professional. It was very clean they had all the material that you need I just think overall it's a good place to work

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Texas Department of Criminal Justice (Huntsville, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview was brief. The gentleman who interviewed me asked me what I thought a Correctional Officer did on a routine basis. Also, he asked me why I wanted to be a Correctional Officer.

Anonymous Employee in Killeen, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Texas Department of Criminal Justice (Killeen, TX).

Interview

Very easy and the interview lasted all but 5-10 minutes. Interview in alphabetical order. may be interviewing 40 others at same location after taking the entry test. The whole test and interview process took about 2-3 hours.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for this job?   2 Answers

Interview

The interview process began with aptitude test. It was followed by short questions on personality, education and leadership. I did not have much problems passing the interview. Then I was asked to send by fax my highest qualification.

Anonymous Employee in Garland, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Texas Department of Criminal Justice (Garland, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

Too easy. As long as you are not a felon or drug user.. You will be hired. You will take a visual memory type of test. You will look at a photo of officers on horses and offenders entering a chain bus. You will need to identify certain details once the photo is no longer in view.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Marlin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Department of Criminal Justice (Marlin, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

There really wasn't an interview, on the day that I took my assessment I spoke with a gentleman briefly and later I was contacted about the job. The man that I spoke with was very polite, there were several of us there so he didn't have a lot of time to spend with each of us.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to be a Correctional Officer   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was not negotiation phase.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Department of Criminal Justice (Huntsville, TX) in June 2018.

Interview

Applied on line went and tested in Huntsville I interviewed the same day after I passed the test I sat down with three interviewers and they asked me different questions about the job have I worked in this job field before have I have experience in this job field before when will I be able to start do I know anyone that work in this job area before