Texas Department of Criminal Justice Interview Questions

Updated Apr 12, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 133 of over 133 interviews

Other12%
2.3
HardAverageEasy

Texas Department of Criminal Justice

Application

I interviewed at Texas Department of Criminal Justice

Interview

Questions were so specific to a particular policy. Coming from an out of state agency you had no chance. You felt like the questions were designed for “in-house hiring. No study material provided even when asked. I have 15 years experience and did review some of the policies I could get my hands on.

Interview Questions
  • I don’t remember the exact policy number.
    1 Answer
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Department of Criminal Justice (Austin, TX) in Jan 2022

Interview

Two interviewee's, one of which was writing down my answers. 4-5 questions, relatively stress-free and personal. I felt very comfortable the entire time, and made sure to thank the interviewers for creating a warm and welcoming environment.

Interview Questions
  • How one manages their time, how they would respond to a situation in which both their manager and their manager's supervisor expects different things to be completed in one day, etc.

Texas Department of Criminal Justice

Application

I interviewed at Texas Department of Criminal Justice

Interview

Easy. Just one interviewer and myself. Simple questions about experience. The interviewer does not elaborate on questions at all. Just keeps repeating the same question if you don’t get it right the first time. No expressions from them at all.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Texas Department of Criminal Justice

Application

I interviewed at Texas Department of Criminal Justice

Interview

Very strait going between the employer and the employee. No question were about the company at all just the questions that were asked were based on team effectiveness and how to approach situations.

Interview Questions
  • What would you do if you saw a team member slacking or not finishing there daily duties.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Texas Department of Criminal Justice (Richmond, TX) in Jul 2021

Interview

Covid Test before entering. Waited after other candidates for interview. 2 months before knowing if you got the job. Questions can not be asked in any other way. You can have the question repeated as many times as you want

Interview Questions
  • If your supervisor gave you a special assignment right before count time what do you do?

Texas Department of Criminal Justice

Application

I interviewed at Texas Department of Criminal Justice

Interview

I was going to have an interview over the phone because of possible Covid -19 exposure, but they did not call me. I called them. They rescheduled me but again did not call.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conroe, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Texas Department of Criminal Justice (Conroe, TX) in Jan 2021

Interview

All questions were scenario as if you were already in the field not sure how I did. I felt like the questuons were centered around if you out were in the actual field.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Texas Department of Criminal Justice (Huntsville, TX) in Jan 2021

Interview

they emailed me 1st for a phone interveiw then schedulesd a zoom meeting online and got to speak to someone over the internet. I was super nervous but we shall see how it went. The process was pretty simple. and they were all real nice.

Interview Questions
  • why do you think the clerk 1 position is an important rol

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Texas Department of Criminal Justice (Huntsville, TX) in Dec 2020

Interview

So my interview was scheduled for 1:15 pm at the Holliday Unit in Huntsville, TX. When I got there, there were many people there waiting to be interviewed. While sitting there, I overheard the lady that signed me in tell another employee they had 50 interviews because 50 people applied, which was my first red flag (they didn’t actually go through to see who was most qualified). I waited about 30 minutes and was finally called in for my interview. It was the warden of the Holliday Unit and the supervisor of the administrative department doing the interview. Well when the interview started, the warden asked me a question of “Briefly describe a difficult situation and how you handled it”. I proceed to give my answer, trying to explain myself as thoroughly as possible in order to leave them with solid information about myself and my work experience. While I was doing that, the warden cut me off in the middle of me explaining and said “You’re giving me too much information...” Mind you, I’m going up against 50 other candidates so I’m actually trying to give as much information on my experience as possible in order to stand out and try to land the position. She cut me off during a later question because they were really only looking for one word answers. The looks on their faces didn’t even act interested to even be there and they were rushing. I honestly think they had a candidate(under the table, someone they know personally, a friend) already picked out in their mind and were pretty much wasting the time of 50 people. I have never seen a company not want to know your experience and what you have to bring to the table. I’m sorry but you’re not going to get to know me it’s one word/sentence answers, especially out of 50 people. This took place December 2020.

Interview Questions
  • Briefly describe a difficult situation and how you handled it.

Texas Department of Criminal Justice

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Texas Department of Criminal Justice

Interview

I Had to fill out a long application and complete a long test that was very involved. I also had to take physical fitness test and the academy was very long.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 133 Interviews

Texas Department of Criminal Justice Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Texas Department of Criminal Justice as 59.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.26 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for District Parole Officer I and Parole Officer rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Administrative Assistant and Correctional Officer roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Texas Department of Criminal Justice takes an average of 36 days when considering 145 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Correctional Officer had the quickest hiring process (on average 22 days), whereas Parole Officer roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 57 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Texas Department of Criminal Justice according to 145 Glassdoor interviews include:

Drug Test: 21.10%