Texas Department of Criminal Justice Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Texas Department of Criminal Justice Interview Questions

Interviews at Texas Department of Criminal Justice

2.2

Parole Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Texas Department of Criminal Justice.

Interview

I applied this job on Jan 2020, It needs a lot of documents, it took me a month to get them together. I just got an email to schedule an interview. I am here to get some information.

Interview Questions

• Q: They might ask you like do you have experience related to supervision?   Answer Question

Parole Officer Interview

Interview

Very short. Interviewed with Assistant Regional Director and Parole Supervisor. Interviewed about 3 weeks ago and still waiting for a response. Was notified that they typically mail out letters if not offered a position.

Correctional Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Texas Department of Criminal Justice (Huntsville, TX).

Interview

Extremely easy. You go in and take a test, then once finished you go into the next room for your interview and their let you know if they want to hire you or not.

Interview Questions

• Are the answers you put for the background check correct?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Department of Criminal Justice (Dallas, TX) in December 2019.

Interview

The interview consisted of seven questions with multiple answers and was roughly twenty minutes with a three person panel. The district supervisor, office supervisor and the regional director. Several questions within a question.

Interview Questions

• What does a parole officer duties consist of on a daily basis   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Amarillo, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Texas Department of Criminal Justice (Amarillo, TX) in October 2019.

Interview

The interview consisted of sitting down at a table with two senior parole officers. One asked the questions and the other sat there. It lasted a total time of approximately 15 mins or so.

Interview Questions

• What does integrity mean to you?   1 Answer
    • You visit a parolee's house, his mother is there and consistently speaks for him not allowing him to answer for himself. What do you do?   Answer Question
    • This job has a lot of interaction with the people, tell me about some of your personal qualities that makes you relatable to people.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Texas Department of Criminal Justice.

Interview

As long as you are not a felon or charges for domestic abuse, and you are breathing, it is a breeze. You can take it over the phone if you live a certain distant from the nearest traing facility.

Correctional Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palestine, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Texas Department of Criminal Justice (Palestine, TX) in June 2019.

Interview

The interview process lasted for about seven hours for me. It went smoothly, lots of people came and mostly everyone passed except for a few. It took awhile for everyone to get situated before the testing begins.

Interview Questions

• Why be a correctional officer   1 Answer
    • How will being a correctional officer help advance your career   Answer Question

Systems Support Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Department of Criminal Justice.

Interview

Very one sided and structured. Interviewers had a list of questions and are not allowed to elaborate. Everything said is written down. Interviewers not really interested in discussing the position, nor how the applicants education and experience would be a good fit.

Anonymous Employee in McAllen, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Texas Department of Criminal Justice (McAllen, TX) in May 2019.

Interview

It was a fairly comfortable environment. One person was asking the questions, while the other wrote down the answers given. I applied online, and I received an email within two weeks letting me know that they received my application. I was called for an interview about two to three months later. Job offer is pending.

Interview Questions

• They asked five questions basically asking about work ethic, how one handles stress, how one would deal with an aggressive offender during an interview, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Odessa, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Texas Department of Criminal Justice (Odessa, TX) in March 2019.

Interview

Hand-written Application about fifteen pages, must be mailed in, interview, background check and call back. After offer you drug test and select your start day. Then off to academy. Process took 4 months for me from start to finish.

Interview Questions

• What's more important? Counseling or case management?   1 Answer