Texas Department of Criminal Justice Interview Questions

Updated Mar 31, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 119 of over 119 interviews

Other14%
2.2
HardAverageEasy

Texas Department of Criminal Justice

Application

I interviewed at Texas Department of Criminal Justice

Interview

I was going to have an interview over the phone because of possible Covid -19 exposure, but they did not call me. I called them. They rescheduled me but again did not call.

Interview Questions
  • The interview did not happen.
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conroe, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Texas Department of Criminal Justice (Conroe, TX) in Jan 2021

Interview

All questions were scenario as if you were already in the field not sure how I did. I felt like the questuons were centered around if you out were in the actual field.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Texas Department of Criminal Justice (Huntsville, TX) in Jan 2021

Interview

they emailed me 1st for a phone interveiw then schedulesd a zoom meeting online and got to speak to someone over the internet. I was super nervous but we shall see how it went. The process was pretty simple. and they were all real nice.

Interview Questions
  • why do you think the clerk 1 position is an important rol

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Texas Department of Criminal Justice (Huntsville, TX) in Dec 2020

Interview

So my interview was scheduled for 1:15 pm at the Holliday Unit in Huntsville, TX. When I got there, there were many people there waiting to be interviewed. While sitting there, I overheard the lady that signed me in tell another employee they had 50 interviews because 50 people applied, which was my first red flag (they didn’t actually go through to see who was most qualified). I waited about 30 minutes and was finally called in for my interview. It was the warden of the Holliday Unit and the supervisor of the administrative department doing the interview. Well when the interview started, the warden asked me a question of “Briefly describe a difficult situation and how you handled it”. I proceed to give my answer, trying to explain myself as thoroughly as possible in order to leave them with solid information about myself and my work experience. While I was doing that, the warden cut me off in the middle of me explaining and said “You’re giving me too much information...” Mind you, I’m going up against 50 other candidates so I’m actually trying to give as much information on my experience as possible in order to stand out and try to land the position. She cut me off during a later question because they were really only looking for one word answers. The looks on their faces didn’t even act interested to even be there and they were rushing. I honestly think they had a candidate(under the table, someone they know personally, a friend) already picked out in their mind and were pretty much wasting the time of 50 people. I have never seen a company not want to know your experience and what you have to bring to the table. I’m sorry but you’re not going to get to know me it’s one word/sentence answers, especially out of 50 people. This took place December 2020.

Interview Questions
  • Briefly describe a difficult situation and how you handled it.

Texas Department of Criminal Justice

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Texas Department of Criminal Justice

Interview

I Had to fill out a long application and complete a long test that was very involved. I also had to take physical fitness test and the academy was very long.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Texas Department of Criminal Justice (Dallas, TX) in Sep 2020

Interview

Oral interview with two people. Did not take much time and they were friendly and professional. Interview lasted less than 30 minutes and I was asked if I have questions.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Texas Department of Criminal Justice (Austin, TX) in Jul 2020

Interview

Extremely brief. Lasted only about 15-20 minutes, including the questions I asked. They only asked me four pre-written questions. It felt bureaucratic and there was really no opportunity to speak to my personal background and why that might be helpful in doing the job. Overall, seemed like they didn't care, which is probably why there is such a high turnover rate with the PO's.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Texas Department of Criminal Justice

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Texas Department of Criminal Justice

Interview

I applied this job on Jan 2020, It needs a lot of documents, it took me a month to get them together. I just got an email to schedule an interview. I am here to get some information.

Interview Questions
  • Q: They might ask you like do you have experience related to supervision?
5 people found this interview helpful

Texas Department of Criminal Justice

Application

I interviewed at Texas Department of Criminal Justice

Interview

Very short. Interviewed with Assistant Regional Director and Parole Supervisor. Interviewed about 3 weeks ago and still waiting for a response. Was notified that they typically mail out letters if not offered a position.

Interview Questions
  • What does integrity mean to you?

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Department of Criminal Justice (Huntsville, TX)

Interview

Extremely easy. You go in and take a test, then once finished you go into the next room for your interview and their let you know if they want to hire you or not.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 119 Interviews