Texas Department of Criminal Justice Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Texas Department of Criminal Justice Interview Questions

Updated Aug 19, 2017

2.2

Interview

The interview process began with aptitude test. It was followed by short questions on personality, education and leadership. I did not have much problems passing the interview. Then I was asked to send by fax my highest qualification.

District Parole Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Victoria, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Texas Department of Criminal Justice (Victoria, TX).

Interview

Overall the interview process took 15 minutes. It was a panel of two individuals, both Unit supervisors. One wrote everything you said while the other just stared at you.

Correctional Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Killeen, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Texas Department of Criminal Justice (Killeen, TX).

Interview

Very easy and the interview lasted all but 5-10 minutes. Interview in alphabetical order. may be interviewing 40 others at same location after taking the entry test. The whole test and interview process took about 2-3 hours.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for this job?   1 Answer

Parole Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Texas Department of Criminal Justice (Houston, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

It was pretty quick I drove from Dallas my interview was on 10/14 mins long..... it's s two person interview HR N the supervisor. It wasn't tense or anything... make sure you ask questions back

Interview Questions

• Management and priority
      REMEMBER THE MISSION STATEMENT they will give you a piece of paper to read before you go in and will have you flip it over   1 Answer

District Parole Officer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waco, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Department of Criminal Justice (Waco, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

It was breif 5 questions, nothing to complex only one person asking the questions. Haven't received an offer yet, they still had to interview others. We will see if i get an offer or not.

Interview Questions

• How are your organizational skills above anyone elses?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work for the Texas Department of Criminal Justice?   Answer Question
    • If you went to see a parolee and his mother kept interrupting and wouldn't let him speak how would you handle it?   1 Answer
    • Your parolee told you he was tied to a string of robberies off the Record but you know he has no job and has a terminally ill child what would you do?   Answer Question

District Parole Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Texas Department of Criminal Justice (Austin, TX).

Interview

Question and answer session with Regional Director and every applicant was asked the same questions and were scored. The questions were fairly easy and I was prepared for the interview to be longer and with more than one person.

Parole Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Texas Department of Criminal Justice (Houston, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

After I applied in May. I got a call 6 months later for an interview. The interview was less than 10 minutes. 2 persons were seating in the room I walked in. After the interview they said they will contact me in two weeks if I am considered for the position.

Interview Questions

• What is the mission of Texas criminal justice system.   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Texas Department of Criminal Justice (Austin, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

There was total of four questions asked to me from the interviewer from a piece of paper. They asked me typical questions about my qualification, why I should get the position and what I could bring to the group at large. Afterwards they asked if I had any questions, which I did. I had around 9 questions for them in regards to time off, pay, office culture, room for growth and advancement etc. All in all the interview was not the best, it felt as if they were attempting to fill a slot rather than add to their team.

Interview Questions

• (After explaining what the position entails) do you think you could handle the work load?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Texas Department of Criminal Justice.

Interview

2 people interview you at the same time. If at any time you do not know answer to a question answer with I don't know. They are looking for detailed answers.

District Parole I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Texas Department of Criminal Justice (Dallas, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

There were 3 interviewers conducting the inteview and there were 5 questions asked. The questions were not hard at all , but the very first questions caught me off guard, but other than that it was a quick interview

Interview Questions

• If you were out in the field to visit a client at his place of business who owns a tire shop and while there you were offered a free tire rotation what would you do?   1 Answer