Texas Department of Family and Protective Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Texas Department of Family and Protective Services Interview Questions

Updated Mar 26, 2017

2.7

FAD Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Texas Department of Family and Protective Services (Houston, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

I have only been on an interview. The process from me applying and them calling to schedule an interviews was about a month. I was told I would hear a response later in the month.

CPS Investigator Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Department of Family and Protective Services (Austin, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

The first half of the interview they briefly described the job position and what was expected of you. They covered the salary, equipment that would be issued to you (phone, tablet, printer, etc.) and training. The second half of the interview consisted of behavioral type question.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you stayed late for work without any recognition?
      Why do you feel like you will be good at this job?
      Answer Question

Admin Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Texas Department of Family and Protective Services.

Interview

Easy but had to take an in basket then an interview on the spot along with necessary paperwork that I needed to fill out. Overall, it wasn't all that bad at all. The hiring took 6 long weeks BC I had to wait for the back ground check to go through

CPS Investigator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Texas Department of Family and Protective Services (Arlington, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

As most others in DFW, my interview started as a group meeting where the job description was discussed. After this we were split up for the individual interviews. Each person interviewed with three hiring specialists.

CPS Investigator I Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bryan, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Texas Department of Family and Protective Services (Bryan, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

It was a fairly easy interview. Be prepared to think on your feet! Don't be intimidated by the number of people in the room. Get straight to the point when answering questions.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you did the right thing without being compensated for it when you really didn't want to.   Answer Question

Case Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Texas Department of Family and Protective Services.

Interview

I have not finished completing the interview yet however the initial part is complete a questionnaire, watching a film, and writing a interest statement. The interest statement consist of 3 questions each in which they would like you to write a minimum of a paragraph.

Conservatorship Specialist Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Texas Department of Family and Protective Services in December 2016.

Interview

No communication, I interviewed with this company and received no communication as to why I didn't get the position. It reflected from the website but I know I was more than qualified for the position as well as some of the current members on staff? Know why? Half can't spell and the other half are lazy af, not to mention the secretary surfing the web and listening to headphones while trying to conduct business? (She was early 20s) But somehow I was not selected, but I know very dumb employees that work there? Guess it's a buddy system? Oh yeah, forgot to add the hiring process is really long, maybe due to the fact there are lazy workers in place!

Interview Questions

• There were stupid questions, the interviewer doesn't engage in answers, just types?   2 Answers

Fbss Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Texas Department of Family and Protective Services (Arlington, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied for the position online and they sent me a stark test to complete by three days. In between my test, interview and offer letter this too about a month or so, so the process is long but rewarding so be ready to be patient. Once I received and interview date and time paperwork had to be completed prior to having a one on one so complete this once you receive it. Have your transcripts, and documents ready to make the process easy for you. There where about 25 people for the interview and a panel of 6 or so that will help assist you with the interview. You will have a one on one interview and another person will be present to define what position will suit you best with he company. I hope his helps and good luck.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you will stay with DFPS or will you decide to leave after a while. And why?   Answer Question

CPS Investigation Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Texas Department of Family and Protective Services (Austin, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online. About 1 month later I received an invite to the hiring fair, approximately 24 hours before the hiring fair. You will need your college transcripts so have extra on hand always and ahead of time. You will have paperwork that needs to be notarized, so have a nearby notary in mind. You will need 3 reference letters from current or previous employers. You will need you address history from the last 10 years. All attendees are in one room where a description of the job is provided. Then you'll interview one by one, 15-30 minutes for an interview. You may have a panel of 2-4 people or an individual interview.

Interview Questions

• Think of a time when you handled a crisis situation   Answer Question
    • Think of a time when you did extra work without recognition   Answer Question
    • What experience do you have that can relate to is position (work or college courses)   Answer Question

CPS Investigator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Texas Department of Family and Protective Services (Dallas, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Applicants give the forms that they filled it out to the hiring specialist. They will have a group meeting interview to introduce the agency, policy, salary, and what jobs they do. They will have a one on one interview with a hiring specialist.