Texas Department of Family and Protective Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Texas Department of Family and Protective Services Interview Questions

Updated Sep 27, 2017

2.7

Conservatorship Caseworker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Texas Department of Family and Protective Services (Houston, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by email. I was told to bring 3 LOR's, drivers license, and ss card. Upon arrival I completed a packet and then I was interviewed. I have not reached the next stage yet. I was told that I will be contacted in a week if they decide to offer me the position.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to show passion for a client or customer.   Answer Question

Child Care Inestigator Interview

Application

Interview

I apply for the position May 8th and received an email to do the assessments. The assessment question were a little difficult but I got through them. An email was sent to me on June 2nd to come in for an interview on June 21st. I interviewed with the hiring specialist and the supervisor by myself. The questions were pretty simple and the interview didn't last 15 minutes. I am waiting to hear back from the hiring specialist.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for little to no benefits to yourself.   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Application

Interview

Completed paperwork first then interviewed. Interviewer typed in my answers as I gave them. She did turn and make eye contact with me at times. She was cordial and polite. It's been over 3 weeks and I have not heard back.

CPS Investigation Worker Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Copperas Cove, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Texas Department of Family and Protective Services (Copperas Cove, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

If you really want to get into this field, the interview process will be a little nerve racking, but it is not bad at all. You sit with the regional hiring manager and the supervisor from the unit that you applied. They ask you a series of questions that are situational. The hiring manager and supervisor are very professional and personable. It made the interview a lot easier with how great they were in just talking to you like a normal person. Once the interview is concluded, you shake hands and go on about your way.
    If you are selected you will not know right away, but they will submit you for the background check. After that is completed and you are clear, they will conduct a reference check with the references you provided. Finally, if all comes back positive, you will be offered a position.
    The process time may be shorter than what I had to wait for because right after my interview, they were placed on a hiring freeze. If this is something you really want, I suggest that you be persistent and do not lose hope. Good luck!

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time where your actions directly changed someone.   Answer Question

Caseworker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Texas Department of Family and Protective Services.

Interview

After completeing the online steps, I was invited to an in person interview. It was one on o e and they asked questions about life experiences that would be helpful to the job.

Family Based Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amarillo, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Texas Department of Family and Protective Services (Amarillo, TX).

Interview

The interview is scheduled after the very intensive online testing exam. Once the interview is scheduled, you will meet with a hiring specialist (HR) and Departmental staff (there might also be a program director as well).

Interview Questions

• Think of a time you had a conflict with a co-worker and tell us: what was the problem, what did you do about it and how was it resolved?   Answer Question

Fbss Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Texas Department of Family and Protective Services (San Antonio, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Two hiring specialists for the interview. I was very nervous and they could see that. Hope that didn't hurt my chances. They never looked up while asking the questions and by reading their cues , got the feeling they didn't like me

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita Falls, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Texas Department of Family and Protective Services (Wichita Falls, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

There was an overview of my resume and references by a department head followed by a casual phone interview. The phone interview was simple, the woman was friendly and made it a very easy-going process.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose CPS for your internship? Are you interested in pursuing a career here?   Answer Question

CPS Investigator Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Department of Family and Protective Services (Austin, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

The first half of the interview they briefly described the job position and what was expected of you. They covered the salary, equipment that would be issued to you (phone, tablet, printer, etc.) and training. The second half of the interview consisted of behavioral type question.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you stayed late for work without any recognition?
      Why do you feel like you will be good at this job?   Answer Question

FAD Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Texas Department of Family and Protective Services (Houston, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

I have only been on an interview. The process from me applying and them calling to schedule an interviews was about a month. I was told I would hear a response later in the month.