Texas Department of Insurance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Texas Department of Insurance Interview Questions

Interviews at Texas Department of Insurance

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Texas Department of Insurance

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Texas Department of Insurance in October 2017.

Interview

I met with a Temp Services Manager. The interview lasted about 35 minutes. I was asked to discuss my skills and last 3 employers and my job responsibilities. I was then read the job description for which I was applying for and asked if I had any questions and if I felt I would be able to perform the job functions.

Interview Questions

• What computer and office skills do you feel that you have would be of benefit to this position?   1 Answer

Program Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Texas Department of Insurance in November 2013.

Interview

I was interviewed by 3 people who had no knowledge of the job they were interviewing for. After I was interviewed, 3 months went by before I was hired. When I put in my two weeks notice with my then manager, she told me TDI called her a month before asking for a reference. I didn't appreciate that, since I did not list her as a reference. During the period after my interview, I was taken off of a project that I was working on, and had no idea why. So.. pretty much, expect them to call your current employer for a reference way far in advance of an actual job offer and allow you to deal with the consequences while they twiddle their thumbs on whether they will hire you. In my past experience, references were called only when they knew they wanted to hire me. Job offers were extended quickly thereafter.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Texas Department of Insurance (Austin, TX) in April 2019.

Interview

Did it over the phone, took about an hour, questions were fairly easy and they discussed benefits of working for the State. Managers seemed nice and well informed. You know it was pretty basic.