Texas Department of Public Safety Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Texas Department of Public Safety Interview Questions

Updated Jun 20, 2017

2.9

Dna Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Texas Department of Public Safety.

Interview

I got an email for a phone interview about 6 weeks after I applied for the position. The phone interview was set up for 5 days later when they were screening all of the candidates. The caller asked five questions which she said everyone was being asked. From the phone interview process they were selecting candidates for in-person interviews.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you? What would you do if a coworker was acting negatively? Do you work better in a group or independently? Tell me about a time you had to resolve a conflict. What do you think this position is?   Answer Question

Interviewee Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Texas Department of Public Safety (New York, NY).

Interview

Panel Interview with all top executives in the region. They each ask you a question and write down your response. You may feel nervous as if you are being judged, it is because you are. Be sure to dress business casual.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an angry customer?   1 Answer

Human Resources Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Texas Department of Public Safety (Austin, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed by four people. They asked questions in a round-robin format and most of the questions had two or three parts. They were warm and supportive, and I felt like they wanted me to do well. One of the interviewers explained an unrealistic job requirements at the end of the interview. I thought I wanted the job, but at that point I started having doubts.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a situation where I had a disagreement with someone and how I resolved it.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Texas Department of Public Safety (Dallas, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

I had 3 people there for my interview, simple regular interview questions. And I picked up a box that probably weighed about 50 pounds only a few feet nothing too major.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle difficult customers?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Texas Department of Public Safety (Houston, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Usually the supervisor for the section previous employee or an employee in that position and another supervisor within the section. Check-in with receptionist and wait to be called back.

Interview Questions

• What is important to you in your work environment?   1 Answer

Contract Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Texas Department of Public Safety.

Interview

Applied online and received a call for an interview about a month later. The person arranging the call had no personality. None. No, how are you today or thanks for returning my call. S/he just sounded like their brain was moving a thousand miles an hour. It was a very stilted conversation with choppy, three or four word sentences from the caller. Terse might be a bit of an understatement. I was given a few time slots to choose from and then received an email confirming the interview. The email indicated a written confirmation was preferred and then followed up with "Don't call". I kinda laughed - it came across sorta "Don't call me, we'll call you". Anyhow, so not a great feeling about the organization just based on that experience.

The interview itself was 10 questions. Most of them were testing your knowledge about contracting and procurement. I found this odd. They were interviewing for a position that called for several years of experience, so it just seemed insulting and like a waste of time.There was only a single behavioral interview question, the rest of the time it just seemed like they were trying to play "gotcha" with what you did or didn't know. It was unfortunate actually because I can think of folks who have been doing this type of work for a long time, but perhaps don't know how to articulate well, the answers to their definition questions. It just seems like they were testing for book smart and not necessarily looking to understand what a person has actually DONE. Once they mentioned a mandatory 45 hour work week and that employees are essentially barred from taking a week long vacation during July and August due to work demands, I pulled myself out of contention. That's complete and utter BS. For people with families, you're limiting their ability to spend time with their children to only June. I have an excellent work ethic, but I work to live, not the other way around.

Interview Questions

• What are your career goals? Difference between professional and consulting services? Describe a process initiative you lead and how you obtained approval and what were the outcomes?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Texas Department of Public Safety.

Interview

It was strait forward nothing out of the ordinary sat down with a panel of 4 had me answer a few questions and then and me to hold a big and walk to the end of the hallway

CSR11 Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Department of Public Safety (Houston, TX).

Interview

Applied 2weeks interview letter for hire and salary. Package for background check. 35 pgs. Of work, personal, school, and criminal history.waiting to here about background check. Finger printing and background check.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with a customer who doesn't comprehend the concept.   1 Answer

WEBEOC Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Department of Public Safety (Austin, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

Interview process was very straight forward and all of the questions were applicable to the job posting and tailored to your resume. All 5 members of the panel provided questions of equal importance. The interview was also very relaxed and not very stressful.

Interview Questions

• What level of programming experience do you have with XML and can you provide an example of one of your larger projects.   Answer Question

Intern - Monthly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Texas Department of Public Safety (Austin, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

I got a call from a manager to schedule a phone interview with about 5 other people within the department. The interview itself was very laid back and it felt more like casual conversation.