Texas Department of State Health Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Texas Department of State Health Services

Sort:

Lab Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 10+ months. I interviewed at Texas Department of State Health Services (Austin, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

When visited the lab. One of the officer said there are internal applicants, outside applicants and interview are just nothing. Read the question and answer the questions, and ask details, even you use some special material.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Department of State Health Services (Austin, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

Casual and concise. The beginning of the interview is extremely behavioral. It is about who you are as a person and why you are here. After this, you must make a basis for why you are interested in the work being done at the organization. Be sure to list your skills and describe specific projects you have worked on.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Texas Department of State Health Services in August 2013.

Interview

Applied online, received an interview relatively soon after submitting application. Once offered the position there is about two weeks of training. Start dates are usually the 15th and the 1st.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you involved in a positive outcome for a client. Describe your background in mental health. What are your future career goals.   Answer Question

Microbiologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Texas Department of State Health Services (Austin, TX) in March 2010.

Interview

I was brought in to a room and given 15 minutes to answer a list of non-science related questions, mainly about workplace scenarios and experiences. After the 15 minutes, three senior members of the team that I was meant to work with came in an we went through each question one by one. They asked no more questions than what were on the list of questions given. This was immediately followed by a QA session where I could ask anything about the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe an instance where you had a test result that was not expected. What steps did you take after you received the result? What was the outcome?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation with salary. The salary is established by the state government.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Department of State Health Services (Austin, TX) in May 2013.

Interview

Your interviewer should give you the 10 questions they will ask and give you about 15 minutes to review them and take notes. Some are specific to the job and some are specific to interpersonal skills- mainly how you deal with co-workers. Usually two people do the interview and they just ask you the same questions listed on your sheet. There should be no deviation from the sheet and there was some time at the end for me to ask some questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had a disagreement with a co-worker. How did you resolve it?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Texas Department of State Health Services (Austin, TX) in April 2011.

Interview

Group of interviewers with 3 questions each. Each asking about your background and relavent questions for the job process. If you were familiar with the various equipment at each station. It was about an hour and half interview process.

Negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Texas Department of State Health Services (Austin, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

They handed me questions to fill out and answer. After about 20 min the first line supervisor and department head interviewed by asking the same questions I had filled out.

Interview Questions

• What is ine time you had to deal with conflict and how did you overcome?   Answer Question

Microbiologist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harlingen, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Texas Department of State Health Services (Harlingen, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process was conducted very well. Since I had arrived early, as one should, they let me review the interview questions which was not something I expected. The ladies who interviewed me were very well spoken, nice and welcoming.

Interview Questions

• What is a gram positive and gram negative stain and what morphological shape is common with each stain?   1 Answer

Training Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Texas Department of State Health Services (Austin, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

Very organized. Interviewed on the phone, with a panel and with the program director. They are clearly very aware of standards and practices and have a process they stick to. It was very important to prepare, as many technical questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• They asked very technical questions about the program I was interviewing for.   Answer Question

Medical Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Texas Department of State Health Services (Austin, TX) in August 2012.

Interview

Questions were pre-prepared. Supervisors was new and very polite. There was time to review the questions prior to the actual interview. Good idea to create a quick outline of what your response will be. Do not review questions as if a test. Save that for the Interview. That is very important. The new supervisor had her boss was present. The supervisor asked the Questions. You are given an opportunity to ask the supervisors any kind of question. Prepare these prior to interview. Interview to see if you really want the position. Ask about the environment, any difficult staff members, bonuses.

Interview Questions

• If you see conflict between two co-workers, what would you do?   1 Answer