Texas Health and Human Services Commission Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Texas Health and Human Services Commission Interview Questions

Updated Jun 18, 2018

2.4

Es Clerk Interview

Interview

The interview was straightforward and basic personal and behavioral questions.
    I was interviewed by 3 people and they just read questions of a list and did not make much eye contact. The wrote down my answers every time so sometimes I had to wait for them to finish writing before I answer the second part to a question.

Medical Eligibility Specialist I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Texas Health and Human Services Commission (Dallas, TX) in June 2018.

Interview

The interview process was very easy and informal . The first part is a Written test it was easy to me they give you 30 mins , it’s over situational questions that could happen at work , when it comes to eligibility . So I recommend reading it over TWICE, after that the hiring manager grades it and tells you if you pass or fail , if you pass then you get your oral interview with very basic questions you should have a answer to. The process took 10 days literally , I got a call and I got the job!!!

Interview Questions

• How would you explain something over the phone if the customer didn’t understand and what tactics would you use ?   Answer Question

TEXAS WORKS ADVISOR I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Texas Health and Human Services Commission (El Paso, TX).

Interview

15 minute math test with typing included. Two people ask you questions and tell you they are not going to look at you. No eye contact. Math test was an equation of finding missing check amount and YTD amount plus chart test plus typing test and reading all in 15 minutes before interview. Whole process takes about 2 hours.

Program Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Texas Health and Human Services Commission (Austin, TX) in May 2018.

Interview

Two current employees interviewing the applicant in a room. Applicant is given the questions and 15 minutes to review. During the interview, the applicant may refer to his or her notes. After the interview (1 hour), there is a practical skills test (90 minutes given).

Interview Questions

• What are the key components of successful teamwork? What is your experience working on team?   1 Answer

Clerk III Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Texas Health and Human Services Commission in May 2018.

Interview

Applied online and received a call for an interview within two-three weeks. Interview appointment took about two hours due to taking assessments before my interview. First test was MS Excel related. I had to make a spreadsheet within 30 mins. Second test was a paper test which tested me on HHS program applications which was timed 30 mins. Second test asked me about 10 questions regarding HHS programs. Really EASY! Interview also went great. My interviewer was nice and made me feel relaxed and comfortable. Interview was only with one person. Interviewer went over the company's benefits, job description, job salary, and job schedule. Interviewer asked me questions related to my strengths, job history, job skills, and why I picked HHS for a job. Interviewer advised me I would hear back with two- three weeks based off my background check, assessment scores, and interview score. I heard back two weeks later. HR specialist made me an offer and I accepted :)

Interview Questions

• What job skills do you have that match this job description?   Answer Question

Texas Works Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Health and Human Services Commission (Houston, TX).

Interview

Easy process but you must keep in mind that all state jobs come with a process, and one can’t expect to hire on quickly. As always, be prepared and there will be no worries.

Texas Work Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Prairie, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Texas Health and Human Services Commission (Grand Prairie, TX) in March 2018.

Interview

Apply online you’re sent a test from a 3rd party company (stark) takes a few hours to complete if you pass your application is sent to HHSC if they like your application you will never invited for an interview once you arrive you will be given another test this time by hand it consist of long division and multiplication (no calculator allowed) plus questions regarding food stamp benefits it’s really easy if you’re a logical thinker if you pass you will be invited to a face to face interview after that if you’re selected they will do a background check,state fraud check,and a reference check.

Interview Questions

• What is good customer service?
      What would you do if a customer were to curse at you?   Answer Question

Work Advisor I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Prairie, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Texas Health and Human Services Commission (Grand Prairie, TX) in March 2018.

Interview

I applied online on a Saturday night after 10pm. I recieved a phone call the following Monday to schedule the assessment which was on Wednesday the same week. The assessment was not graded prior to leaving the Grand Praire office. I received another call on the following Monday, my interview was schedule for Wednesday of the same week. I received a call from HR on the following Monday and offered a position.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle conflict with a customer or a co-worker   Answer Question

TW Advisor I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Prairie, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Texas Health and Human Services Commission (Grand Prairie, TX) in March 2018.

Interview

Went to a mass test taking, no calculator allowed. Basic math and questions about clients and calculating their I come. If you passed the test you got called to an interview which was a week later. I went to the interview and it was one on one with a very nice lady. Standard STAR questions. After the interview I received a call about a week later with a job offer. Whole process was easy and everyone was nice. The mass test session had about 20 people.

Interview Questions

• Do you have call center experience?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever had a difficult situation with a client? How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • What qualities make you a great fit for this position? Why?   Answer Question

Budget Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Texas Health and Human Services Commission.

Interview

They ask you questions, last like 45 min bout it. Nothing special because they know who they plan to hire. Don't work for the state its pointless if they call you for an interview just say thanks but no thanks

Interview Questions

• If you have a problem with your boss what do you do   1 Answer