Texas Health and Human Services Commission Interview Questions

Updated Jan 10, 2021

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at Texas Health and Human Services Commission

2.5
HardAverageEasy
Found 190 candidate interviews
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Texas Health and Human Services Commission (Austin, TX)

Interview

I interviewed for two positions. Each interview consisted of multiple panel interviews and a skills assessment. The interviews were pretty standard and the interviewees were all very nice and professional. However, I would not recommend applying for a job with this organization. Each department had me go through multiple interviews and did not have the courtesy to send an email to give me an update on the position. When I tried to follow up the interview committee did not respond. I found this very disrespectful of my time and unprofessional.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult situation.
    Answer Question
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I interviewed at Texas Health and Human Services Commission (United States)

Interview

It was overall a good experience. It was no pressure and they seemed to actually care. They give you an opportunity to tell them about yourself both personally and professionally.

Interview Questions
Texas Health and Human Services Commission
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I interviewed at Texas Health and Human Services Commission (United States)

Interview

Received a form with questions on it to prepare 15 mins before the interview started. There were 3 people on the virtual call including the hiring manager. After that it was a hurry up and wait to hear back from the company

Interview Questions
  • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Texas Health and Human Services Commission (United States)

Interview

Applied. Selected for testing . 20-30 applicants fir one position. Testing is fairly easy. It is timed test. If passed proceed to interview on the same day. Waited 2weeks . Two day orientation.

Interview Questions
Texas Health and Human Services Commission
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Killeen, TX
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Texas Health and Human Services Commission (Killeen, TX) in Oct 2020

Interview

It was virtual due to COVID-19 and it took about an hour. The questions were pretty standard. They asked about times I volunteered or helped someone and how I dealt with difficult situations. Needed to think of several different situations. Thankfully I volunteered a lot in high school and college which helped me answer all the questions. I have not gotten a call back yet but wanted to leave a review of my interview experience. I interviewed with the hiring specialist and a supervisor.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time or situation where you had to solve an issue with another individual. What did you do and what was the outcome?
Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Health and Human Services Commission (Dallas, TX) in Aug 2020

Interview

I was contacted via phone for interview. The position was explained to me. Provided role specific questions to look at. Then I was asked to provide answers to each role specific question.

Interview Questions
  • explain the program/position purpose
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I interviewed at Texas Health and Human Services Commission (United States)

Interview

They ask standard interview questions to ensure the process is fair for all applicants. There is an interview panel and they rate your responses on a scale. They will call your references. The process was fairly straight for ward and simple.

Interview Questions
Texas Health and Human Services Commission
Application

Interview

Three people taking turns asking script questions and asked that I hold my questions til the end. It wasn’t a welcoming interview. The job ad stated that there would be little room for autonomy and decision making but the interview questions suggested otherwise based on the interview questions.

Interview Questions
  • How would you handle an upset person? What if a staff member wasn’t doing their job? Computer skills?
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Health and Human Services Commission (United States) in Jun 2020

Interview

Questions given 15 mins before interview to prep for. In-Basket assignment was to be performed before or after interview with 1 hour to complete and return. They made sure that I was comfortable and gave an overview of the team I would potentially be working with as well as a snapshot of a typical day within the role.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about a time you had to deal with conflict within working groups? How did you handle it? What did you learn from it?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Texas Health and Human Services Commission (United States) in Jun 2020

Interview

Due to COVID-19, the interview was done via video conferencing. There were technical difficulties in the beginning with everyone involved, so that made it a little nerve wracking at first. The interview itself went well and was pleasant. I was sent interview questions about 10 minutes before my interview started, which I really appreciated. I was told I'd hear from someone either way fairly quickly and a month has gone by and I've heard nothing. My application status also has not changed in several weeks and still shows as interviewing, but it's been 4 weeks so I am assuming they went with a different candidate. Overall, this was one of the more pleasant interview experiences I've had. However, I wish the follow up was more professional.

Interview Questions
  • Give specific examples of how you have worked with volunteers in your precious jobs or any experience you have has as a volunteer yourself.
  • If selected, you would be working often with corporate groups. What would be your strategy in approaching them?
  • You would be working with a number of individuals all of which may give you some direction. How will you handle the possible conflicts that this could create?
  • Give an example of a project you were responsible for starting. What did you do? What were the obstacles? How did it work out?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 190