Texas Health and Human Services Commission Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Texas Health and Human Services Commission Interview Questions

Updated Jul 12, 2017

2.4

TWA I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Health and Human Services Commission.

Interview

Very easy process, you apply online, they give you a call or email. You meet at this bank, there are a lot of ppl there along with you. You interview in the room with other interviewers while they're interviewing other people. It was kind of distracting but just stay focused on your interviewer

Interview Questions

• How would you react to an angry client?   1 Answer

Negotiation

N/A

Administrative Assistsnt II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Texas Health and Human Services Commission (Houston, TX).

Interview

Interview included brief job description and 5-7 questions on experience in Administrative job duties. After interview I was asked to complete an assessment in the office which included creating spreadsheet sorting it and creating a letter. After checking references and background received a call a week later for job offer.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Texas Health and Human Services Commission (Austin, TX).

Interview

One-on-one interview with upper management and leads; written questions/test and interview. Depending on qualifications and if you had a good interview, they will do background check. The overall process varies in time, however mine took about 2-3 months.

Interview Questions

• About my previous job experience and how it related to the position they had.   Answer Question

Texas Work Advisor I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Texas Health and Human Services Commission (San Antonio, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

I went in for my interview. When I went in I was given a basic math test, and then a typing test and last a interview one on one with 8 questions. They said my test would be scored and my name would be entered in a pool and they would call me if there was a job opening and if I scored high.

Social Worker/Social Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Corpus Christi, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Texas Health and Human Services Commission (Corpus Christi, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied for the position. About 2months later I received a call for an interview. It was with a panel of departments. At least 1 person fen each building on the campus. I liked this as provided a look at where I would be working. The questions asked where scenario in nature, what would you do and name situations you have been in etc.
    I feel the interview went very well. All involved answered thoroughly and seemed happy to be there.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you worked with multiple disciplines, how did you overcome differing views.   Answer Question
    • How would you communicate with someone who is non verbal.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Texas Health and Human Services Commission (New York, NY).

Interview

3rd party hiring firm called STARK sent a skills assessment test online and personality test. next step was test on basic math skills at the Food stamp office then interviewed with different managers to determine exact location

Middleware Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Health and Human Services Commission (Austin, TX).

Interview

One-hour in-person interview with director and a senior manager. I was the only person who applied for the job. I was notified of the outcome in less than a week. The entire process took about 3 weeks.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburg, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Texas Health and Human Services Commission (Edinburg, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

You have to read the 8 interview questions out loud and answer them. The person interviewing you will not respond to any of your answers. He/she will be writing notes down as you speak. Be ready for a 5 min assessment.

Medicaid Eligibility Specialist I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Health and Human Services Commission (Paris, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

It takes about 2 hours for the interview process. You will take a test and then have an interview with the supervisor that will be your supervisor in the position that you apply for. It was an overall enjoyable experience.

TEXAS WORKS ADVISOR I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Prairie, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Texas Health and Human Services Commission (Grand Prairie, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online received an email approximately one month later for an interview. Interviewed in Grand Prairie, TX. The lady barely looked at me; she just wrote down everything I said. You are given a short math test before the one on one sit down (interview). She asked about 5 questions mainly customer service questions.... tell me about a time you handled an angry client. Your qualities... Etc