Texas Health and Human Services Commission Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 24, 2018

2.4

Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Texas Health and Human Services Commission (Austin, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

It started out in front of two of the department heads, with a question session, then finished with a skills test. The test covered spreadsheet construction and accounting entries for payroll discrepancies found in a state contractor.

Interview Questions

• Describe some internal controls.   1 Answer

Social Worker II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Health and Human Services Commission (Austin, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

I was required to do an interview in person with the Director of social work and the program director. Then I was given one hour to complete a written interview packet requesting DMS IV diagnosis for 3 case studies.

Interview Questions

• you are presented with a patient in a written format with limited information and required to provide a full diagnosis based on the DSM IV from memory and write it out by hand.   1 Answer

Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Texas Health and Human Services Commission (San Antonio, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

Weird lady with m&m obsession. Didn't really look up, just wrote away and didn't bother asking anything apart from what the script stated. Didn't think I would get the job since she looked so uninterested.

Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beaumont, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Health and Human Services Commission (Beaumont, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

It is a long drawn out process you apply and normally have to wait a month before hearing for interview, and depending which location your being hired at it may take up to 4 weeks before you start work.

Interview Questions

• Asked if you could be trusted with private information and not speak of information in public HIPPA laws.   1 Answer

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Prairie, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Texas Health and Human Services Commission (Grand Prairie, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Easy flowing a test with a several questions about your personality how others would rate your personality someone came out and asked the same questions in a different order went over to the main boss and reviewed your answers

Interview Questions

• How do I handle stressful situations   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Texas Health and Human Services Commission.

Interview

Hiring/Interview process took about two months to iron out and consisted of multiple interviews with both the IT manager and IT supervisor. There was only one on-site interview that took place where I was introduced to the team I'd be working with and given a more in-depth look into the position. There was no salary negotiation, only a firm introduction pay.

Interview Questions

• What was your most difficult customer experience and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation for pay.

Internship Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Texas Health and Human Services Commission.

Interview

You receive a copy of the interview questions about 15 minutes before the interview. It was a panel interview and you need to bring a photo ID and register as a visitor at the security desk.

Budget Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Texas Health and Human Services Commission.

Interview

They ask you questions, last like 45 min bout it. Nothing special because they know who they plan to hire. Don't work for the state its pointless if they call you for an interview just say thanks but no thanks

Interview Questions

• If you have a problem with your boss what do you do   1 Answer

Caseworker Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Health and Human Services Commission (El Paso, TX) in April 2011.

Interview

I was lucky enough to have been interviewed by an awesome supervisor who made it very smooth and easy going for me. I felt I was conversing with someone I already knew for years.

Training Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Texas Health and Human Services Commission (San Antonio, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

take a policy quiz, if you pass then you get an interview. The interview consists of a 15 minute presentation based on the subject matter assigned to you, then you will do the oral interview after that.

Interview Questions

• Policy based questions, SNAP, Medicaid, TANF, Do a 15 min Presentation, and general interview questions   Answer Question