Texas Health and Human Services Commission Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Texas Health and Human Services Commission Interview Questions

Updated Feb 9, 2018

2.4

Budget Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Texas Health and Human Services Commission.

Interview

They ask you questions, last like 45 min bout it. Nothing special because they know who they plan to hire. Don't work for the state its pointless if they call you for an interview just say thanks but no thanks

CPS Investigation Worker Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Texas Health and Human Services Commission (Dallas, TX) in February 2018.

Interview

It started with a group interview and then we went on to interview individually. I was requested, a week prior to the interview, to provide with certain documents such as transcripts, driving record and three reference letters. During the interview I lost all confidence, since the person who would have been my supervisor had an incredibly negative attitude towards me. I don’t mean to sound defensive, but I am hispanic and have a strong hispanic accent, which I attribute the complete failure to, seeing as I am completelt qualified and have over 10 years of experience.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a stressfull situation?   Answer Question
    • Please describe a situation when you have gone above and beyond the things required from you.   Answer Question

TWA I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Texas Health and Human Services Commission.

Interview

Applied online a few weeks later received a call to schedule an interview. Interview was easy going job description and a list of questions that you're able to read before answering. A few weeks later received a call with an offer. Overall process took about one month.

Family Based Services Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Texas Health and Human Services Commission.

Interview

Long boring more information about the job could save for orientation. It was more about tell me how you handled this situation and the result. Think of writing a paper who what when and where the answers must be detailed.

Investigator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bryan, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Health and Human Services Commission (Bryan, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

Standard routine questions, think on your feet type questions, no right or wrong answers, there were two interviewers they take notes so very little eye contact or interaction.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here, name a time when you helped someone, name a time when you worked late and why,.   Answer Question

Disability Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Texas Health and Human Services Commission (Austin, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

Two supervisors asking questions about my work history. Friendly conversational style - not stressful at all. Had to take a general knowledge computer test to prove I could boot a computer, find documents, type a coherent paragraph, and print out responses. All timed...15 minutes for the first part, 10 minutes to type a bit about why you would be a success if offered the job. Background check required due to the confidential nature of the job. Many positions open (over 60) and no offers are going to be sent until the middle of next month. This survey is making pick a response that doesn't allow for "I don't know" in terms of job offer. I'm going to check "Yes, but I declined" only because they don't have an option that fits the actual situation.

Interview Questions

• Asked 6 basic questions about times that you did " ------" . One was to tell them about a time that I had to impart information both verbally and in writing.   Answer Question

Social Worker II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Health and Human Services Commission (Austin, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

I was required to do an interview in person with the Director of social work and the program director. Then I was given one hour to complete a written interview packet requesting DMS IV diagnosis for 3 case studies.

Interview Questions

• you are presented with a patient in a written format with limited information and required to provide a full diagnosis based on the DSM IV from memory and write it out by hand.   1 Answer

TWA I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Health and Human Services Commission.

Interview

Very easy process, you apply online, they give you a call or email. You meet at this bank, there are a lot of ppl there along with you. You interview in the room with other interviewers while they're interviewing other people. It was kind of distracting but just stay focused on your interviewer

Interview Questions

• How would you react to an angry client?   1 Answer

Negotiation

N/A

Administrative Assistsnt II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Texas Health and Human Services Commission (Houston, TX).

Interview

Interview included brief job description and 5-7 questions on experience in Administrative job duties. After interview I was asked to complete an assessment in the office which included creating spreadsheet sorting it and creating a letter. After checking references and background received a call a week later for job offer.

Texas Works Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Texas Health and Human Services Commission (Austin, TX).

Interview

One-on-one interview with upper management and leads; written questions/test and interview. Depending on qualifications and if you had a good interview, they will do background check. The overall process varies in time, however mine took about 2-3 months.

Interview Questions

• About my previous job experience and how it related to the position they had.   Answer Question