Texas Instruments Applications Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Texas Instruments Applications Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Feb 23, 2017

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

First interview was pre-recorded messages through Hirevue. Mostly behavioral questions.

Second interview was a video chat also through Hirevue. Questions are typical such as what talk about projects you've worked on and some behavioral questions. There were also questions about RLC filters and op-amps.

Third interview was onsite. There were additional op-amp/RLC filter questions. Additionally, candidates had to prepare a 4-6 slide presentation on a previous project. Depending on the interviewer, this may not be used at all.

Interview Questions

• Derive the cutoff frequency of a low pass RLC circuit.   Answer Question
  • Given a window comparator circuit, draw the output with a triangle-wave input.   Answer Question
  • Make different gates such as AND/OR using mosfets.   Answer Question
  • Draw a voltage follower and an inverting amplifier using op-amps.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Texas Instruments

Applications Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview

I had a first round interview in my school and passed to second round where they asked me more hardware question that's where they realized I was a software guy ;)

Applications Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview

The interview process was suppose to be a 1:1, 30 minute interview but it turned into a phone interview due to the bad weather. TI contacted me with ample time to prepare accordingly. There were two interviewers on the phone that asked behavioral questions along with questions about the projects I listed on my Resume.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral Questions: "Tell us about yourself", "When was a time your project wasn't going well and did you fix the problem?"
      Technical Questions: Had to do with projects that I had on my resume; asked to describe a process that I used.

Applications Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview

Three step interview. Part one is conducted virtually where you answer questions by recording answers. Second is a virtual interview with two engineers where they ask you behavioral questions with some technical components. In the last part you get flown to Texas where you interview with several engineers and they tie your behavioral and technical knowledge together.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Tallahassee, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

There are three interviews. All three involved me and two interviewers. The first interview was conducted at my college after a career fair. The second was a webcam interview. The third would've been an on-site interview in Dallas, TX. The two interviews that I did were both some behavioral and some technical.

Interview Questions

• Q: Describe the ideal conditions of an op-amp. Non-ideal? Then find Gain.   Answer Question
    • Q: Describe a low-pass filter.   Answer Question
    • Q: Tell us about a technical project you worked on.
      Be prepared to go into detail on this and know everything about it! They will ask questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied for the applications engineering rotation program online in mid-August. A couple of weeks after I applied, TI asked me to complete a video interview where I would record answers and send them back using their HireVue system. There were a total of six questions, and for each I had one minute to prepare an answer and three (if I remember correctly) minutes to give my answer. They gave questions such as "What was your most difficult course in school and what did you do to master it," "Do you prefer analog or digital," and "Do you have any geographical restrictions."

In just a couple days, they asked me to have a live video interview through the HireVue software. In this interview, an applications engineer called me and we discussed a project I had done in school. There weren't really any hard technical or behavioral questions in this interview; it was mostly me discussing my project and the engineer telling me about working at TI.

In about five days, they asked me to come down to Dallas for an in-person interview and told me to prepare a 4-5 slide presentation on a project I had done. They flew me out, rented me a car, and put me up in a hotel for a night. There were about 15 total interviewees there. The night we got there we went out for dinner with a few current applications engineers in the rotation program. We could ask them questions and get to know them and the other interviewees.

The next day, we were divided into shifts for our interviews and tours/info sessions. My shifts were in the afternoon, so I arrived for lunch (with the current engineers in the rotation, the interviewees, and the interviewers) then went on the tour/info session. Both the tour and the info session were led by the current engineers in the rotation.

After the info session there were two interviews, each with two interviewers. In both interviews they asked me to go through my presentation with them (not formally present it). As we went through it they asked me questions about the project. They also asked me some behavioral questions throughout. I don't recall the questions they asked but they were not too bad. Near the end, they had me do some stuff on the whiteboard such as drawing block diagrams of my project and drawing out some other diagrams. All of the technical questions were related to my project or to another project I talked about in a behavioral question.

Less than 48 hours later, they emailed me and said I wasn't what they were looking for. Even though I got rejected, I still feel like interviewing was a positive experience. I got the chance to meet some people doing work I'd like to do in the future and I felt like my time and experience was respected throughout the process. I hope that someday I can work for TI or another company like it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Austin, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Texas instruments attended career fair at my school and they had several engineers and recruiters there. They scanned my resume and asked what I'm interested in. They later offered a behavioral interview the next day with one of their engineers. The interview was scheduled for the next day, and many students were offered one.

Applications Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Texas Instruments in September 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed on campus after talking to recruiters at school. After some time I was then contacted asking me to interview for a second round. Then I interviewed via a video conferencing service that TI provided. Heard back approximately a month later.

Interview Questions

• Various Questions regarding analog circuitry (transistors, op-amps) and some basic questions on classes that I had listed on my resume.   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Interview

I interviewed with Texas Instruments at my college. The first round was a 45 minute behavioral interview and a few technical questions. They had a manager in the interview room as well as a interviewing trainee. The manager asked most of the questions based off my resume.

Interview Questions

• Descrive a situation where you didn't get your expected outcome and what did you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Austin, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

there were about 2 stages,
    1st stage was campus interview, where they ask mainly about behavior questions
    there were about 3 behavior questions and 1~2 technical questions.
    after that i had to wait about 3 days, then
    2 stage was Web cam interview which mainly talk about technical questions

Interview Questions

• How did you sole some problem with creative solutions
      Explain how does cell phone works or what does it have?
      Explain how does op amp works