Texas Instruments Interview Questions in Dallas, TX | Glassdoor

Texas Instruments Interview Questions in Dallas, TX

Updated May 13, 2017

IT Rotation Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

They are mostly concerned with behavioral questions. Mostly a good resume will get you through to them and then it's all personality / behavior after that. Biggest tip is (and they tell you this) just be honest with them. If you didn't know something or on a past project failed or couldn't contribute. Let them know that but also try to think about takeaways. Throughout the entire process they were extremely kind and helpful. They treat you well throughout the process and communicate well.

ACCESS Rotational Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Two on-site interviews, each with two interviewers. After that, we had a group activity where we are judged based on the results of the activity. Your previous interviewers are watching you, so be careful what you say and do.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions. No technical questions unless you want to do accounting.   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

One phone interview with a manager that asks about your work experience and coursework in school. The on-site interview is two 1 hour interviews with three people where they asked all technical questions. There were no behavioural questions. They will ask you about what you know and then go in on that topic so don't lie and say you know something. The groups that interviewed me work in CPU and digital design. They asked software and hardware questions.

Interview Questions

• 1. Design flip-flop using transistors.   Answer Question
    • 2. Write a function in C and then convert it into assembly   Answer Question
    • 3. Explain setup time and hold time and how it contributes to the data path   Answer Question
    • 4. Design adder and then convert into subtractor   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

First interview was pre-recorded messages through Hirevue. Mostly behavioral questions.

Second interview was a video chat also through Hirevue. Questions are typical such as what talk about projects you've worked on and some behavioral questions. There were also questions about RLC filters and op-amps.

Third interview was onsite. There were additional op-amp/RLC filter questions. Additionally, candidates had to prepare a 4-6 slide presentation on a previous project. Depending on the interviewer, this may not be used at all.

Interview Questions

• Derive the cutoff frequency of a low pass RLC circuit.   Answer Question
    • Given a window comparator circuit, draw the output with a triangle-wave input.   Answer Question
    • Make different gates such as AND/OR using mosfets.   Answer Question
    • Draw a voltage follower and an inverting amplifier using op-amps.   Answer Question

Field Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Conducted an on-campus interview at University of Central Florida. A webcam interview was then conducted a few days later, followed by a trip to their Dallas headquarters for a final interview the following week. The first interview was mainly behavioral questions, the 2nd web-cam interview was mainly behavioral with a couple technical questions (draw an inverting amplifier with a gain of -2, draw a non-inverting op-amp amplifier with a gain of +2)

Interview Questions

• A circuit was drawn on the whiteboard consisting of two op-amps with reference voltages and and input voltage going into both op-amps. The outputs of the mosfet each had diodes, which were both attached to the gate of an n-channel mosfet, which had the source attached to ground, and the drain attached to a resistor which was connected to a reference voltage. I was then asked if I knew what the circuit did.   1 Answer

Process Integration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Had a phone call with a recruiter and another interview with a hiring manager the following day. He invited me to an on site interview which took place 3 days later.

Interview Questions

• Describe your research.
      How does XRD, XRR work (was on my resume)
      Normal MOSFET questions. Short channel effect?
      Answer Question

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX).

Interview

The process consisted of four stages. First was a phone interview with a recruiter from TI, during which we discussed the positions available and my interest/fit for each one. I was then scheduled for a HireVue virtual interview where I recorded my responses via webcam to a set of 5 or 6 questions. I then participated in an interview with an engineer for which I was asked to present a powerpoint of a technical project, and had to respond to a few technical questions. I was flown in to Dallas, TX for the last part of the interview process - for which I spent a day having lunch with current TI members and the other candidates for the position. This was followed by a series of three interviews the next morning, with a pair of engineering managers for each interview session. They asked both behavioral questions and technical questions during the interviews.

Interview Questions

• How to approach the testing of a device if not enough input ports were available at once   Answer Question
    • Sorting algorithms for array elements   Answer Question
    • Ohm's Law Circuit Analaysis, Combinational logic-gate circuit diagram   Answer Question
    • Most diverse team that you worked in, and the challenges associated with it   Answer Question
    • MOSFET inverter logic-gate, AC/DC analysis of a MOSFET amplifier circuit, Diode questions   Answer Question

Wafer Fabrication Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

I met TI representatives at a TSTC Waco Career Day back in October. They helped me get into an on-campus assessment test that lasted 4+ hours. After passing the test, I was scheduled for an all-day interview on Dec 2. Someone gave a presentation on the company itself, then lunch was provided for the candidates while a recruiter discussed relocation/compensation. Then I had two interviews, the first a three person panel and the second a two person panel. Then I was given a tour of their wafer fabrication facility. I have not yet received an offer, but I have strong evidence that I will receive an offer within a week.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between AC and DC?   1 Answer
    • Why are household appliances set up for 120VAC and not some higher voltage like 1200VAC? Assume that the appliances can handle the increase in voltage/current.   2 Answers
    • I had some experience in FLL (First Lego League) on my resume, and they asked several questions concerning what that was, and how it worked, and what I did to participate.   Answer Question

Verification Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

Spoke to TI at a career fair. Process went on for 3+ weeks. 1 interview at the university, 1 phone call and 3 on-site rounds. I interviewed for a general pool, after which individual managers picked me and offered me a job in their team.

Interview Questions

• Setup Time, Hold Time, Max Clock Frequency and other usual Digital Design questions combined with a lot of difficult ones and some personality-based questions.   Answer Question

Rotational Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Talked to a recruiter in a career fair and he told me to apply to one of their rotational programs. A week later I received an email from a recruiter. They were setting me up in a one hour interview with two engineers. The first 30 minutes was a presentation, an engineering topic. The last part of the interview was technical. They asked me questions based on what I presented. I got an email the next business day from the recruiter and they wanted to set up a on-site interview in Texas. TI paid for my flight and all of the expenses and had my interview. I had two interviews on that day. Each interview consisted of 30 minutes and there were two engineers. They went over my resume and gave me several technical questions to do.

Interview Questions

• What kind of filter would I use on a voltage spike?   1 Answer
    • Can you explain what a load cell is? How does a load cell work? How can the load cell read the weight that is applied on?   Answer Question