Texas Instruments Human Resources Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Texas Instruments Human Resources Interview Questions

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

I was first asked to do a web interview. A few days later, TI messaged me regarding a phone interview. 2 days afterward, they invited me to an on-site interview, and offered to pay for my flight and hotel.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Texas Instruments

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

I first had an online interview where a basic behavioral question would pop up on the screen and I would have a short amount of time to formulate an answer, then it would video record my response for 2 minutes. A few days later I got an email inviting me to visit headquarters for an on-site interview. They paid to fly me out and put me up in a hotel (The Westin) for a night. The first night we had a casual dinner with the applicants and the interviewers at a restaurant so we could meet and ask questions in an informal setting. This eased my nerves and got me more excited for my interview the following day. The next morning we met with one of the VPs for breakfast and an info session about the company, the HR department, and the internship and rotational programs. It was another opportunity to get questions answered and learn about the position more prior to interviewing. We then split up and each candidate had 2 interviews. My first was with a panel of 2 interviewers while my second was with just 1. These were very conversational, STAR questions where you could work in examples from previous experience. As well as general interest questions like Why TI? Why HR? What functions within HR are you most interested in? etc. Everyone was very friendly and easy to talk to. Following the interviews we had a lunch with employees currently participating in the HR Rotational program. Some had been interns previously, some had not, but it was a good opportunity to have exposure to the kinds of people we would be working with if hired and to get questions answered in a casual setting. Following this, we took a bus tour of Dallas. This was awesome because I had never seen the city before and was apprehensive about how I would like it. They showed us where most employees live, popular spots to hang out like restaurants and bars, parks, museums, etc. TI really went above and beyond to give us a full view of not only what its like to be an employee of TI but also what it is like to be a resident of Dallas. I wasn't sure if this internship would be right for me prior to my visit but left Dallas excited and dying to work for TI. Overall, it was a wonderful and exciting experience.

Interview Questions

• As a finance major, how do you think you're classes and previous experiences will translate to human resources.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

2 rounds of interviews, behavioral questions, business casual settings, people are extremely nice, they just want to know you and your experience, no pressure at all, make sure you come prepared

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Recruited directly by the company. Two interviews, really recruiting more than interviews.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Wasn't able to negotiate salary much, but I did negotiate for more paid leave time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX) in April 2012.

Interview

Excellent experience overall