Texas Instruments Internship Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Texas Instruments Internship Interview Questions

Interviews at Texas Instruments

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Atlanta, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

I received an email from a TI recruiter without having applied to TI before who was interested in a project I had on my resume which he found through my TI-sponsored research program at school. He forwarded my information into a project manager who interviewed me a week later. It was a WebEx Meeting. The interviewer did not ask me any behavioral questions, and went straight into the technical questions. The first was a buck converter, and I was asked ambiguous questions about the topology. The answers I gave were acceptable, but not what he was looking for, so he would ask me to clarify over and over. After the interview was complete, I received an email from a recruiter asking me to fill out an actual application, since I had never applied in the first place, and I never heard back from them.

Interview Questions

• Showed a buck converter and asked me to explain the operation of the circuit   Answer Question
  • Showed Verilog code and asked me to explain what it was doing   Answer Question
  • Showed me a system-level schematic and asked me to identify inputs and outputs   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Texas Instruments

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Texas Instruments in January 2015.

Interview

Basic phone screen with the interviewee, questions from resume and few questions from analog circuits knowledge and small-scale design questions. Later he described what the job is and its difficulties.

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Richardson, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

I visited their booth at a career fair and talked to a recruiter about what kind of a role I am pursuing. They assigned me to a Quality Assurance role. I had an interview on campus two weeks later. They responded two weeks after that, to schedule a phone interview. Once I completed the phone interview, they responded exactly two weeks later and gave me an offer.

Interview Questions

• Give a brief explanation of how we go from sand all the way to microprocessor.   Answer Question
    • Design a basic RC low pass filter   Answer Question
    • How would you achieve a gain of 5 with a non-inverting op-amp?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview

I met the representatives during the career fair. Then they scheduled an interview with me. It was two behavioral interviews back to back. There were a few technical questions but mostly behavioral. Interviewed by four people. The level of difficulty was reasonable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Lubbock, TX) in October 2018.

Ask me about a hard course I took? And what I did to pass
    What are your interests at TI?
    What are your interests/ projects?
    That was it. Then i got an email later saying they going in a different direction

Interview Questions

• What are your weaknesses? How you over came them?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview

Very friendly, but will pound you with difficult interview questions. They say they don't expect most people to get them right, but what that sounds like to me is they pick the ones who do.

Interview Questions

• Designing a logic circuit that would SEEM easy, but was truly much harder than expected   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments in October 2009.

Interview

The recruiters are very friendly and make you feel comfortable while interviewing. The interview consists on two parts. The first one is a typical interview where they ask you to walk them through your resume and explain some of the decisions you made. The second one is to see if your personality fits with what the company is looking for. Just be honest about who you are and if you a re a good fit, they won't let you go.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview

Behavioral interview. Campus career fair next day invite. Interviewer was 1 hour late and did not seem to care about this. I was taken aback by the lack of professionalism regarding punctuality.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Varanasi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Varanasi (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview was of a very good level. Initially they started with the basic and increased the difficulty level slowly. The interviews were very friendly and helping when I was stuck somewhere. Their focus was mainly on observing the analytical skill of the student.

Interview Questions

• Digital Electronics as I was appearing for the digital profile. Starting from logic gates, to flip flops, registers, counters, finite state machines and some other questions which could be solved by reasoning.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Mumbai (India)) in August 2017.

Interview

Technical test followed by technical interview followed by HR interview. Technical test covered questions on basic concepts. Technical test involved more deep questions including questions on past projects. Eg Explain your project, Explain working of CMOS Switch using graph, Hot to make PN diode using BJT.

Interview Questions

• Questions on Resistance vs voltage graph of CMOS switch   Answer Question