Texas Instruments Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 17, 2017

3.1

ACCESS Rotational Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Two on-site interviews, each with two interviewers. After that, we had a group activity where we are judged based on the results of the activity. Your previous interviewers are watching you, so be careful what you say and do.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions. No technical questions unless you want to do accounting.   Answer Question

Analog Design Engineer Interview

Interview

Walked in, everyone is nice. Pretty stress free. Nothing to worry about. Answer your question correctly and you will most likely get the job. Half technical half behacioral. Lasted 45 min

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Columbus, OH) in February 2017.

Interview

Went to career fair. Had a on-campus interview the next day. The person interviewed me is a digital design engineer. 3 behavioral questions and 3 basic analog questions. Still waiting for the second round.

Interview Questions

• Non-inverting op-amp configuration, low-pass and high-pass filter   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

First interview was pre-recorded messages through Hirevue. Mostly behavioral questions.

Second interview was a video chat also through Hirevue. Questions are typical such as what talk about projects you've worked on and some behavioral questions. There were also questions about RLC filters and op-amps.

Third interview was onsite. There were additional op-amp/RLC filter questions. Additionally, candidates had to prepare a 4-6 slide presentation on a previous project. Depending on the interviewer, this may not be used at all.

Interview Questions

• Derive the cutoff frequency of a low pass RLC circuit.   Answer Question
    • Given a window comparator circuit, draw the output with a triangle-wave input.   Answer Question
    • Make different gates such as AND/OR using mosfets.   Answer Question
    • Draw a voltage follower and an inverting amplifier using op-amps.   Answer Question

Quality Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments in February 2017.

Interview

Ok interview. I applied online and got a call about a month later. Phone interview. Asked questions about my resume and certain situations and if i've been in them and what did i do in said situations. Also got asked standard HR questions along with a problem solving question.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you had to take charge of a group and how did other react to that.   1 Answer

Process Integration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Had a phone call with a recruiter and another interview with a hiring manager the following day. He invited me to an on site interview which took place 3 days later.

Interview Questions

• Describe your research.
      How does XRD, XRR work (was on my resume)
      Normal MOSFET questions. Short channel effect?
      Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Greensboro, NC) in February 2017.

Interview

Interviewed on campus first. Was a fairly easy going interview. Didn't ask any technical questions just a few behavioral. I have my second interview later this week for Product Marketing Engineer.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview

The first interview is a recorded interview. They give you pre-recorded questions and you record yourself through hirevue. I personally did not like it. It feels very impersonal and I like being able to see my interviewer to read the atmosphere of the room.

Interview Questions

• Are most of your courses in digital or analog? Do you prefer digital or analog? Why?   Answer Question

Process Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (New York, NY).

Interview

got the interview through the career fair, very hard to hold a conversation with the interviewer. he didnt seem like he wanted to be there, when i asked questions, he answered them in one word

Technical Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments in January 2017.

Interview

First interview involves six questions asked in HireVue in which you record your answers to some pre-recorded videos. All are behavioral. Second interview is a one on one interview with someone in TI on HireVue in video form. Some technical questions, mostly behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Explain what a low pass filter is and what it is used for.   Answer Question