Texas Instruments Product Test Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

22 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Product/Test Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Tempe, AZ) in October 2017.

Interview

I talked with TI at the career fair, where they offered me a follow-up interview the next day. About a week after that interview, I received an email asking for me to schedule a phone/Webex interview with two engineering managers. Just did that interview today. I'll try to update this review in the future with the rest of the process. By the way, I had to select and option below for whether I didn't get an offer, got and offer and declined, or got an offer and accepted. There wasn't an option for "haven't heard yet" so even though I selected "no offer," I may still get an offer.

Interview Questions

• Technical: Very simple voltage divider circuit, circuit with current source and capacitor, opamp.
      Phone interview: Mostly questions about the project in my presentation.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

The process was multi-stage. First was a general online interview through a web portal. In a one take recording, written questions appeared on the screen and your answer was recorded. If successful, candidates were offered to apply for an online interview time. Here candidates skyped with multiple hiring managers, where many different technical questions were asked. The final stage was an on-site interview. Candidates toured the campus, and sat down again with hiring managers. Both behavioral and technical questions were asked.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview process consisted of 3 rounds of interviews. The first round was conducted a day after a career fair at my school. This round was straightforward, I was asked mostly behavioral questions related to past projects from school/internships. There were also two simple technical questions: identify a passive low-pass filter and explain why as well as identify different circuit types in an overall circuit.

About a week later, I was invited to participate in an online interview, which I scheduled for the next week. I was to prepare a 10-15 minute technical presentation over a project I was a part of to present to another interviewer. After the presentation, I was asked several followup behavioral questions regarding my project, such as identifying challenges and how I overcame them. The interviewer then asked me specific questions about my resume.

The next day I was informed I made it to the third and final round! The interview was conducted in Dallas, TX and they provided airfare, hotel room, rental car, three meals and a gift card for any other expenses incurred. There were 9 other candidates that were present and we were interviewed twice individually in groups of 4; both rounds had two interviewers.

The first 3rd round interview was mainly questions about my resume and some more behavioral questions, pretty standard interview questions. I was also asked about my senior design project, my role and responsibilities, our progress and any challenges. If you are taught any project management skills, be sure to bring them up here!

The second and final overall interview was a highly technical interview. Both digital and analog questions were asked as well as semiconductor physics. Be prepared to answer a lot of "Why?" questions here. The final problem was a testing diagram where I was asked to explain what the device was and how the device was being tested based on input and output signals. My degree teaches test engineering, so I was able to answer this problem reasonably well, however, most of the other interviewees had never been introduced to test, so do not worry if you do not completely understand this part. They are mostly looking that you can learn new things and how you receive instruction.

They told us we would hear back in about 2 weeks on the final decision, however, I heard back two days later that I got the job! The only negative experience I had with this process was it took 5 weeks for me to get the official offer letter, which I thought was pretty ridiculous. Definitely follow up with your recruiter on the status of your offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time your were in a team environment and the team failed to meet a task. What did you do? Was the problem resolved afterwards?   Answer Question
    • Identify a low pass, high pass and voltage follower (buffer) in a circuit.   Answer Question
    • Why is a BJT current driven and MOSFET voltage driven?   Answer Question
    • Design an inverting amplifier with a gain of -10.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

My school had a career fair. They asked me a couple questions which then proceeded to an on-campus interview the next day. After a week or so, I had to do a Web-ex Presentation an interviews to two managers (1 hr). They called me back the same to day to schedule an onsite interview which consisted of 2 separate 45minute interviews.

Interview Questions

• Cross section of MOSFET and the device physics behind it   Answer Question

Test/Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

At first it was a phone interview from the HR and then it became a request for a online virtual interview which took roughly an hour. And then the final round was an onsite interview which contained two rounds and both includes behavior and technical questions which wasn't hard. The questions were mostly about the projects on my resume. and some questions about op-amps, semiconductor physics and simple coding questions.

Interview Questions

• They asked questions related to the projects listed on my resume.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Process took a little over a month because I was in the middle of finals week. Had three interviews in total, one webcam based, I the. Had to make a technical presentation and have a screen sharing interview, I was later invited on site for a final round of interviews. Final round were two 45 minute interviews with both behavioral and technical questions and they asked me to explain my resume.

Interview Questions

• Basic engineering questions, very simple.
      1: Draw an Op-Amp with a gain of 10.
       2: make a truth table for a logical circuit,
       3: voltage division given a capacitor in steady state.
      4: draw the Transistor level design of an inverter and explain why Pmos and Nmos transistors used as the pull up and pull down network respectively.   1 Answer
    • Behavioral questions like explain a time when a situation didn't go well regardless on hard you tried. Explain a time when you were not given many instructions to do something and explain a project you worked on.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (College Station, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

I got the first interview at a career fair which occurred the next day. Than I was accepted for a second interview a couple weeks later and that interview was phone/webex interview where I did a presentation on my project in school. However, I was not accepted because they had already filled all their positions by the time of the career fair.

Interview Questions

• Q: What is the ideal gain of a non-inverting op-amp?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

There where two interview the first on the phone, then an onsite interview. The on the phone interview also includes a presentation that is done through sharing desktops on your computer. After the presentation, a few questions are asked some technical and behavioral. The onsite interview is later conducted where there are two 30 minute sessions.

Interview Questions

• They asked about past projects that you worked on, and evaluated you circuit analysis.   1 Answer

Product Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments in October 2015.

Interview

Met with recruiters at Career Fair and talked for about tent minutes. Scheduled an interview the following day on campus that was mostly behavioral. After about a week, I was contacted to schedule a virtual interview that required a 10-15 minute presentation over a project and more behavioral questions with a few technical. Last interview process is an onn-site interview in Dallas, TX which will be this week.

Interview Questions

• If you suspect a co-worker is lying about and faking some results that you and your co-worker need to present to your managers, how would you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Product Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview

Interview was over the phone, which lasted for about an hour and a half. He went over his role, some information on my resume, and then asked me some general engineering questions related to some projects listed on my resume.

Interview Questions

• When would you choose an inverting and non-inverting op-amp configuration for a thermistor circuit, and why?   Answer Question
    • What are some ideal characteristics of an op-amp?   Answer Question