Texas Instruments Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Texas Instruments Interview Questions

Updated Apr 24, 2017

HR Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview

CV screen - group interview - 1on1 interview (sometimes pager test or online test)- panel interview - final interview - offer - onboard - training & program - deployment & rotation

Product Engineer & Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Richardson, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

First interview was personality based, second interview is some personality with a technical question or two. I had one second interview on campus and the other was webcam.

It's not really the questions that are difficult, it's really more of how aggressive they can be, but people have gotten offers without answering correctly, so I'm guessing it depends on who interviews you.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a bjt and a mosfet? Bjt has "leakage current" in the gate, however I said mosfet has infinite gate resistance and bjt has rpi as the base resistance, this was considered incorrect.

What does this digital circuit do? It was a DFF with Q* plugged into D, and Q is output. It was a frequency divide by two system.

How to make sure voltage from first system gets to second system? First system is plugged into base of bjt and collector is plugged into second system. The answer was to add a pull up resistance which is vdd in series with resistor, connected to collector.

I gave plenty of working answers, but none were considered correct.
      1 Answer

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Tucson, AZ) in June 2015.

Interview

A 1-hour phone interview with basic questions lead to an intensive all-day interview, with a constant onslaught of technical questions (whiteboard/paper required) from many different employees in the department. Overall, I was not disappointed at the quality and thoroughness of the interview, but wished it was a bit more relaxed.

Interview Questions

• Draw a differential amplifier with variable values for the resistors and find the transfer function (perform frequency domain analysis) on the resultant schematic.   1 Answer

Technical Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Bengaluru (India)) in July 2011.

Interview

Very exhaustive interview. 4 rounds of interview. 3 technical experts and 1 HR round. Technical questions were very deep in theory and related to problems solved on the job. On 1st day, it was all technical team questioning on past experience and another day was HR discussion. Technical interview was containing questions involving digital logic design, timing analysis and physical design.

Manufacturing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview

I was told to go into a room to take a test. I took the test and was informed I past it. I was then told to have a seat in the hallway while waiting for a woman to interview me and review my personal data sheet. I was early to the testing and was prepared with documents. I dressed appropriately for the interview. However I was told they refused to interview me based off my prior salary. I explained I understood the pay was lower but was in extreme need of work. They still refused to interview me or let me talk to upper management.

Interview Questions

• Unfortunately I was not asked any questions because after passing the test I was refused an interview based off my
      last salary.
      1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Texas Instruments in June 2010.

Interview

basics of semiconductor(diode, mosfet,bjt devices), network theory(mainly RC circuits), opamp, basics of any programming language, basic of digital logic, also a different panel asked basics of RF signals, there written paper also contents some very basics of power and energy consume by different passive elements.

Interview Questions

• RF fundamentals (about signal reflection and terminations)   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation as I was fresher

New College Hire Interview

Interview

I had one itpnitail in person interview on campus which was just describing my resume and activities. Second interview was a phone interview with two hiring managers, half behavior and half technical. The next step was in person in dallas I had to give a 10 minute presentation in front of 8 managers, and then a series of behavioral interviews and then agroup interview with all candidates and all hiring managers

Digital Design Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2011.

Interview

I was recruited straight of college in Bangalore. The interview process started off with a written exam for all participants: digital circuits and aptitude. Then we had a technical interview and, following that, an HR interview. Everybody who got into the HR interview was recruited. The technical interview dealt with mainly CMOS circuits and transistor characteristics.

Interview Questions

• Explain setup time and hold time. This catches out a lot of interviewees   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

There are two people in one room A, and two people in room B. You will present your project to the first two people in room A, and then again to room B. In neither room was I asked a single technical question. Behavioral questions only.

Interview Questions

• They used a good cop/bad cop routine. Room A was very harsh. Combative even. Creating silence, and asking questions that simply create conflict. I was the team leader on a project, and when asked "who is the most important person on the team" I said "we were all important", he followed up with "why wasn't it you?" and "how do we get your friend's resumes". Room B was very friendly. I didn't get the offer. To prepare for this, I would practice how to work with interrogations.   Answer Question

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX) in May 2009.

Interview

Co-oped from College. This is the best and easiest way to get in for Finance, Accounting and or Planning.
    6 month "internship" depending on the group it could be easy and rough.
    At the end you do a presentation of what you "learn" for senior management.
    You learn alot and it is a big help once you accept the offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about something you did wrong and how you handled it?   Answer Question