Texas Instruments Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Texas Instruments Interview Questions

Updated May 26, 2017

Field Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Beijing, Beijing (China)) in August 2013.

Interview

1. Interviewers are nice.
    2. All questions are based on your CV (projects and backgrounds)
    Since this is an internship, so only 1-round interview is needed.
    3. The questions may be related to CPU architecture or MCU programming experience.

Interview Questions

• Can you briefly introduce the CPU architecture which you're involved in the design? How does an instruction work?   Answer Question
    • How long will it take for you to pick up the technique for (MSP430) MCU programming?   1 Answer

Analog Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Interview

Interview had basic questions on analog design revolving around capacitor, resistor circuits, MOS amplifiers and op amps. The questions asked are very easy once your fundamentals (i.e. linear model MOS, gain of amplifiers, concept of output and input impedance) are clear. Go through your approach for reaching the solution and instead of applying brute force calculations.

Interview Questions

• A resistor and capacitor circuit and asked me the current going through a particular branch as a function of time. Looked complicated at first but was a simple application of KCL.   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (College Park, MD).

Interview

Went to the career fair at my school and talked with engineers at their booth. Was then allowed to talk to the head recruiter who wanted to schedule a technical interview with me the next day. Interviewed with them that following day.

Interview Questions

• Determining which sorting algorithm is best for certain situations? Followed by a question about audio processing?   Answer Question

Digital Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (New Delhi (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

They conducted a written test in which a good 30% students for shortlisted for Analog Engineer and Digital Engineer. Cutoff was 40% marks. We heard that they had a good number of vacancies that year. Interview was average and they ask about your favourite topics and then start quizzing. There were 2 technical interview rounds followed by HR round.

However, I reached till the final technical round (which lasted some 55 minutes), another student (who was the last person to be interviewed) went in. Interview started for this guy.

But when I came out of the interview cabin, the results were already declared! (TI-BANGALORE DID NOT CONSIDER MY INTERVIEW AND OBVIOUSLY THAT GUY'S INTERVIEW TOO). The biggest irony is that, that guy was still being interviewed when the new recruits were celebrating outside!

We were made a fool just to be in waiting for 4 long hours. And after the wait was over, they had already made up their mind to recruit among the students who interviewed before us ... Shocking! Unexpected from TI! Hope they were more responsible

Interview Questions

• Round 1:-
      Logic Families,
      Mux, Demux,
      In CMOS circuits, which among tphl and tplh is longer? And why?
      Divide-by-3 counter,

Round 2:- (after a wait of the futile 4 hours)
      Significance of 'reset' signal in digital circuits
      Given a step input to a low pass filter, high pass filter and band pass filter respectively, what do you expect the output to look like?
      Dissimilate a square wave into its harmonics (this question because I had mentioned signal processing projects in my resume)
      Now a days we have a large number of cells in logic blocks? What do you think is the approach to detect an error in such a case?
      1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allahabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Allahabad (India)).

Interview

Long , some straight forward but little bit twisted. Some difficult problems were also asked. They were helpful in some phase of interview. Lot of questions on waveforms of various circuits.

Interview Questions

• Why setup and hold time is important ?
      What will happen if a square wave is passed through a ideal low pass filter ?
      Answer Question

Product Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

My school had a career fair. They asked me a couple questions which then proceeded to an on-campus interview the next day. After a week or so, I had to do a Web-ex Presentation an interviews to two managers (1 hr). They called me back the same to day to schedule an onsite interview which consisted of 2 separate 45minute interviews.

Interview Questions

• Cross section of MOSFET and the device physics behind it   Answer Question

Product Marketing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Texas Instruments in January 2017.

Interview

Three rounds of interviews:
    1st: video interview.
    - the program asks 6 questions
    - record yourself answering each of the questions, you get one try

2nd: video-chat with recruiter
    - several behavioral questions
    - my interviewer was a PME

3rd: on-site interview
    - dinner with current program employees the night before
    - next morning you drive to the campus for two interviews, tour of the facility, lunch, and Q&A session with more current employees

Interview Questions

• Explain an electrical component of your choice in the way that you would to your grandmother.   Answer Question

Technical Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

Phone interview, followed by an in person and group interview at headquarters in Dallas. Did various presentations to an individual as well as a panel along with the other interviewers.

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Tucson, AZ) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied for precision analog amplifier tester; Typical interview process: Applied online, 1 hour phone screen, whole day face to face interview; 5 different interviewers; basic transistor and amplifier/filter questions, basic programming, plus some logic question;

Interview Questions

• What are positive feedback and negative feedback amplifier?; how do they look like?; how are they different?   Answer Question

Technical Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Three rounds, first is pre-recorded, second is a live stream and third you get flown to dallas for an in person interview.

There are two interviews in the Dallas stage, one is technical in nature and the other one is a sales simulation