Texas Instruments Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 21, 2018
1,024 Interview Reviews

Product Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (College Station, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

The first interview was basic behavioral questions. The second interview was over the phone. It lasted roughly an hour. I had to give a technical presentation on a project that I had worked on, which was followed by basic questions about filters.

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in December 2017.

Interview

30 minutes of basic electronic question when you reach there. After that enter the room and they be checking and reviewing where you did wrong. Then panel will start the interview process. Was a wonderful experience especially for anyone during the interview session. Interactive and positive feedback from the panels.

Interview Questions

• Whats one thing you most proud of and one thing you feel if you could do it again, you do it all over?   Answer Question
    • Design a C-code for a number to move and array of it. Flowchart of can machine.   Answer Question

Technical Sales Engineer Interview

Interview

It was a video interview. I applied online and got a response a few days after. Asked a few behavioral questions. They give you a minute to prepare your anser and then you start recording your answer.

Layout Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Bengaluru (India)) in November 2017.

Interview

Technical questions related to IC design and fundamentals which includes analog layout basics and past project details . were asked by the interview panel.
    In interview the panel look for candidates confidence, attitude,patience and your strong hold on fundamentals of IC design.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Atlanta, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

I received an email from a TI recruiter without having applied to TI before who was interested in a project I had on my resume which he found through my TI-sponsored research program at school. He forwarded my information into a project manager who interviewed me a week later. It was a WebEx Meeting. The interviewer did not ask me any behavioral questions, and went straight into the technical questions. The first was a buck converter, and I was asked ambiguous questions about the topology. The answers I gave were acceptable, but not what he was looking for, so he would ask me to clarify over and over. After the interview was complete, I received an email from a recruiter asking me to fill out an actual application, since I had never applied in the first place, and I never heard back from them.

Interview Questions

• Showed a buck converter and asked me to explain the operation of the circuit   Answer Question
    • Showed Verilog code and asked me to explain what it was doing   Answer Question
    • Showed me a system-level schematic and asked me to identify inputs and outputs   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Texas Instruments in February 2016.

Interview

In-person interview, pen and paper. Asked some basic questions about circuits and op amps. This led to a second interview where I was asked about previous projects I had worked on.

Analog Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blacksburg, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Blacksburg, VA) in September 2017.

Interview

Some basic questions about the resume first and then straight to the technical questions.
    Passed the first round half hour on campus interview.
    Didn't pass the second round one hour telephone interview.

Interview Questions

• Some basic questions about a five-transistor op-amp such as gain and output swing.
      Did some simple calculations for Vds and Vgs.   Answer Question

Product Marketing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

I met the company at an engineer conference and got an on-site interview. Then I had to do 2 virtual interview steps, one where I recorded myself answering questions and the other was a one hour interview which was half behavioral and half technical. The final step was an on site interview where I was flown out to Dallas.

Interview Questions

• For the behavioral, you can Google any sample questions. Technical was mostly regarding projects and stuff. I got asked what a transistor was and what it's used for, how Bluetooth works, analog vs digital (this is huge cause of what they do), why there are different programming languages and so on   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Mumbai (India)) in August 2017.

Interview

Technical test followed by technical interview followed by HR interview. Technical test covered questions on basic concepts. Technical test involved more deep questions including questions on past projects. Eg Explain your project, Explain working of CMOS Switch using graph, Hot to make PN diode using BJT.

Interview Questions

• Questions on Resistance vs voltage graph of CMOS switch   Answer Question

Analog Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tiruchirappalli (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Tiruchirappalli (India)) in November 2013.

Interview

A tech-heavy interview will ask related to what they need on the job. Mostly circuit design and control systems knowledge is needed for younger people with less experience. With work experience a solid knowledge of own work is necessary. Sometimes they may ask about layouts as well. The HR round is pretty chill and does not need much preparation

Interview Questions

• They will give you a circuit diagram and ask about features to start with.   1 Answer