Texas Instruments Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Texas Instruments Interview Questions

Updated Oct 16, 2017

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (College Station, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

First went through a couple behavioral questions, then proceeded to a set of 4 technical questions that required me to solve some circuits and build an AND and XOR gate using CMOS gates.

Interview Questions

• Circuit with 8 resistors and different Voltage supplies with a diode in the middle, wanted me to find the voltage across the diode.   1 Answer
    • Write truth table for AND and XOR gates and then make both of them using CMOS transistors   Answer Question
    • Voltage divider with zener diode attached to the output, wanted me to describe how the output was affected by the diode   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Texas Instruments in September 2017.

Interview

I spoke to a Texas Instruments product/test engineer at a career fair and was offered an opportunity to interview the next day. The interview was purely behavioral in nature with the interviewer explaining the duties of the internship, running through my resume, and then asking 30 minutes worth of behavioral questions. I was told that it is a three interview process consisting of a behavioral, followed by a more technical interview, followed by a final phone interview.

Interview Questions

• What is the most diverse group of people you've been on a team with?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where, despite your best efforts, a project was not working out. How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Describe a project where you have been extremely proud of the end result.   Answer Question

Design Engineer(BS) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Tempe, AZ) in September 2017.

Interview

Short 30 minute interview. A couple behavior questions and a couple technical questions. Questions stated off simple but the technical questions quickly progressed in difficulty. Questions were covering topics in masters level courses even though I was an undergrad. In the end I was sent home early as at my current level I did not the qualifications for the position.

Interview Questions

• Was asked to describe and draw an inverting op-amp, draw a bode plot for a low pass filter were the simple technical questions. There were so masters level design questions asked even though it was an undergrad position.   Answer Question

IT Interview

Application

Interview

So far, only had the first round interview from talking to a recruiter at my university career fair. The interviewer was extremely nice. He wanted to make sure I was comfortable throughout the interview. He asked me questions directly related to my resume.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to chose between two solutions and tell me your thought process on how you came to that solution?   Answer Question
    • How could you make your code in one of your projects better?   Answer Question
    • What topic do you think most students struggle on? (Asked because I'm a TA for a CS course)   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online before attending my school's career fair and talking to TI. I was then offered a next day interview. The interview was 30 minutes, and I expected it to be purely behavioral. Unfortunately after a few generic behavioral questions, my interviewer (a senior design engineer) pulled out pen and paper and grilled me on conceptual circuit questions (op-amps, inverters, an infinite lattice of resistors, transistors and diodes). He wasn't at all sympathetic if I didn't remember something from my classes, or if I hadn't learned something in class (like transistor circuits). I think whether or not technical questions are asked on the first interview is up to the interviewer, and they all seemed to be off the top of his head. He basically told me at the end that I'm unqualified and good luck in the future. TI also doesn't email you to tell you if you've been rejected.

Interview Questions

• What is the generalized impedance of an infinite lattice of resistors?   Answer Question
    • Given a square wave entering an op-amp circuit (can be any configuration depending on what the interviewer told me), draw the output wave.   Answer Question

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (College Station, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

Talked to them at career fair got a interview the following day. Both technical and behavioral questions. Interviewer was very nice made me feel comfortable. It was pretty straightforward.

Human Resources Rotational Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (College Station, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

Meet with recruiter and was given a date to interview with TI's HR Employee Relations Manager. The Interview was on campus with simple behavioral questions. The interview was easy buy the interviewer was not the most welcoming person. She seemed like she didn't want to be there, let alone interview a college student.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ames, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Ames, IA) in September 2017.

Interview

Got an on-site interview at my college after the career fair. Half of it was HR behavioral questions other half was technical questions, it lasted about 30 minutes and my interview was an alum and pretty relaxed so I think it went well. I have a second round (the phone/webex interview where you present on a project) but that is this week.

Interview Questions

• If you are using UART, how can you tell when data is sent if a bit gets flipped?   1 Answer
    • We have our own JDK, if you send the customer this information and they get back to you saying it doesn't work - what do you do?   Answer Question
    • If you have many threads and they are all blocked, what is the benefit?   1 Answer

IT Rotation Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Austin, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

30 mins video interview on behavioral questions, you have 1 min prep and 3 mins answer. time management is very important and organizes your words. few questions are about teamwork, like what's your role in the team

Product Marketing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

After meeting with TI at a university carrier fair, I was immediately asked to meet the following day for an on campus interview. This interview was primarily behavioral. About a week later I was contacted to have a second interview via Skype with two people. This interview was very technical.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time that you failed at something and how you overcame that failure.   Answer Question