Texas Instruments Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 13, 2018
1,021 Interview Reviews

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davis, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Davis, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

I went to the career fair at my school (UCD) and got asked to come for an interview for the next day. At the 1 on 1 interview, I had to meet a Texas Instruments recruiter and I was asked mainly behavioral questions. The questions were about my resume, my skills, past experiences, strengths and weaknesses. There was a technical question and I bombed it since it was hardware oriented.

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between CPU and a microprocessor?   Answer Question

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Austin, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

2 back to back interviews at a conference. 90% behavioral.
    Talked a lot about specific things on my resume.
    Each interview was about 45-60 minutes.
    Still in the interview process.

Interview Questions

• In the second interview, he asked me to basic characteristics of an Op-Amp and then told me to draw an Op-Amp circuit with a gain of -2.   1 Answer

Rotational Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

Easy, Straight forward, Friendly, group interview, behavioral and one technical, interactive process understand what company does, different factory tours, nice people, dinner and fast response
    Tell me about yourself
    what is the most important financial statement
    tell me about a time you failed
    why texas instrument
    tell me about a time you worked with a diverse team
    Group Interview (4 people)

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself
      what is the most important financial statement
      tell me about a time you failed
      why texas instrument
      tell me about a time you worked with a diverse team
      Group Interview (4 people)   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments in October 2017.

Interview

The first round was an On-Campus one that happened during the Career Fair. Interview lasted for 20-30 mins. Basic questions about projects and few technical questions.

Second round consisted of two parts. First part was a design oriented presentation about the Projects that I have so far done. Questions were asked based on it. The second part was a set of technical questions that ranged from RC, RL networks to basic CMOS amplifiers. Together, the two parts went for an hour. This round took place over phone and also by sharing my laptop screen(for the presentation).

Third round was a phone interaction with a Project Manager under whom I would be working. He wanted to just chat and see, if my interests align with the project that his team is doing. The talk went on for 15 minutes.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davis, CA

Application

Interview

Applied through university career fair. Got an interview on campus for the next day. Was purely behavioral but I did not move on and got an email saying I wasn’t a fit for the position.

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

I met with representatives at a career fair, and they scheduled me for an on campus interview for the next day. I had an in person interview with two applications engineers.

Interview Questions

• For the project listed on your resume, what is one thing you would do differently?   Answer Question

Human Resources- Entry Level Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview

Very Typical Behavioral Interview. Questions like Tell me about a time. Allowed time to talk about yourself. Recruiters were very respectful, comforting, and very nice. It didn't feel like your typical, intimidating interview. Didn't get the job, but still felt valued and welcomed.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview

Recruiting team is great. Very organized and listens to your preferences. Interview itself was two rounds- one more behavioral and the other technical. The interviews were very fair- not trying to trick you up, just gauging knowledge.

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (College Station, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

First went through a couple behavioral questions, then proceeded to a set of 4 technical questions that required me to solve some circuits and build an AND and XOR gate using CMOS gates.

Interview Questions

• Circuit with 8 resistors and different Voltage supplies with a diode in the middle, wanted me to find the voltage across the diode.   1 Answer
    • Write truth table for AND and XOR gates and then make both of them using CMOS transistors   Answer Question
    • Voltage divider with zener diode attached to the output, wanted me to describe how the output was affected by the diode   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Texas Instruments in September 2017.

Interview

I spoke to a Texas Instruments product/test engineer at a career fair and was offered an opportunity to interview the next day. The interview was purely behavioral in nature with the interviewer explaining the duties of the internship, running through my resume, and then asking 30 minutes worth of behavioral questions. I was told that it is a three interview process consisting of a behavioral, followed by a more technical interview, followed by a final phone interview.

Interview Questions

• What is the most diverse group of people you've been on a team with?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where, despite your best efforts, a project was not working out. How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Describe a project where you have been extremely proud of the end result.   Answer Question