Texas Instruments Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Texas Instruments Interview Questions

Updated May 26, 2017

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (San Jose, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

1 hour phone interview friendly conversation. Asked about resume, overall behavioral questions. Two nice workers asked about various things and explained about texas instuemnts in details. I believe the interview went pretty well. Texas Instuemnts is a great company and would recommend to everyone

Interview Questions

• Biggest challenge, how to handle problems, resume, etc   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Texas Instruments in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online the process took about 2 months. The first interview was a video interview. You have to record yourself. 5 questions. 3 mins to answer each question. All the questions were behavioral/situational. The second interview was a live one to one video with an interviewer. It was heavily Technical based interview.

Validation Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments in January 2017.

Interview

Interview was straightforward. We went through some of the relevant projects on my resume and chatted about the role responsibilities such as culture, how much time is spent in the lab versus at the desk, etc. I was expecting to hear back after two weeks max but there was no contact made whatsoever. It was only one month after my interview that my staffing manager was able to obtain their feedback and even then it was very unclear if they wanted to continue with the interview process or not. This was highly unprofessional since it kept me in the dark for weeks with no direct follow up.

Interview Questions

• What are S parameters and what does each one represent?   1 Answer

Product Marketing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Texas Instruments in January 2017.

Interview

Three rounds of interviews:
    1st: video interview.
    - the program asks 6 questions
    - record yourself answering each of the questions, you get one try

2nd: video-chat with recruiter
    - several behavioral questions
    - my interviewer was a PME

3rd: on-site interview
    - dinner with current program employees the night before
    - next morning you drive to the campus for two interviews, tour of the facility, lunch, and Q&A session with more current employees

Interview Questions

• Explain an electrical component of your choice in the way that you would to your grandmother.   Answer Question

Technical Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (New York, NY).

Interview

There were three separate parts - the first was a set of six questions asked through Hirevue, where you would receive a question and record a response. The second was a live video interview. The third was an on-site interview at the Dallas headquarters.

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX).

Interview

The process consisted of four stages. First was a phone interview with a recruiter from TI, during which we discussed the positions available and my interest/fit for each one. I was then scheduled for a HireVue virtual interview where I recorded my responses via webcam to a set of 5 or 6 questions. I then participated in an interview with an engineer for which I was asked to present a powerpoint of a technical project, and had to respond to a few technical questions. I was flown in to Dallas, TX for the last part of the interview process - for which I spent a day having lunch with current TI members and the other candidates for the position. This was followed by a series of three interviews the next morning, with a pair of engineering managers for each interview session. They asked both behavioral questions and technical questions during the interviews.

Interview Questions

• How to approach the testing of a device if not enough input ports were available at once   Answer Question
    • Sorting algorithms for array elements   Answer Question
    • Ohm's Law Circuit Analaysis, Combinational logic-gate circuit diagram   Answer Question
    • Most diverse team that you worked in, and the challenges associated with it   Answer Question
    • MOSFET inverter logic-gate, AC/DC analysis of a MOSFET amplifier circuit, Diode questions   Answer Question

Chip Design/Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Washington, DC).

Interview

I interviewed to university graduate position, Three thecnical interviews.
    Lot of questions about projects from university, followed by general understanding of digital design and computer architecture.
    It is important to go over the basic stuff and be very positive during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Design a method for verifying the interface between a memory unit and cpu.   Answer Question
    • How to synchronize clocks between two systems   Answer Question

Rotation Program Interview

Interview

3 rounds. First round was a video recording interview. Second round was presenting a project to 2 managers. Third was on site. It was straight forward and make sure you are ready to talk about team work and your past projects.

Interview Questions

• Basic circuit questions like op amp, logic gates, transistors.   Answer Question

Applications Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview

Initially had to complete a video interview with pre-recorded questions. There were about 5 or 6 questions and they were all either behavioral or asking about interests. Then, scheduled a live video interview. However, the day of the interview came and no interviewer tuned in. Wish they had not wasted my time.

Product Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Texas Instruments in December 2016.

Interview

Initial interview took place at an on campus career fair. This consisted of 4 behavioral questions and one technical question. The behavioral questions were based on prior experience. The technical question was EE related basic analog problem, not difficult. Come prepared with your prior experiences in mind, including projects and previous work experience. They want to know how you have run into challenges, and what you did to overcome them. They also asked about team based projects, and scenarios where conflict may arise and how you would deal with that. Second interview was over the phone. I shared a technical presentation describing a previous project I had worked on, they want to see how you think and go about solving an issue. Throughout the presentation they questioned me about functionality of certain components in my project, so make sure you understand ideal textbook conditions for your work. Not very difficult questions, mostly the basics. But make sure you don't talk about anything you don't know alot about, really understand what you are presenting on.

Interview Questions

• During the presentation they asked how an ideal op amp worked, what the input and output impedance was at the terminals. Second question was programming related, given integers a and I, what is the difference between a = ++I and a = I++   1 Answer