Texas Instruments Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Texas Instruments Interview Questions

Updated Jan 21, 2018
1,024 Interview Reviews

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments in September 2017.

Interview

I met a recruiter at a career fair and then applied online. I was invited to interview soon after. It was a 30 min behavioral, asking pretty standard questions. They look for how much you know about TI, so make sure to do research on the company beforehand. About 3 weeks later I was invited to the final round which is a video interview through an online portal. I have yet to record it yet... will update soon.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your past experiences that qualify you for this position?   Answer Question
    • What did you do to prepare for this interview?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a challenging class you took.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you faced a conflict when working in a group.   Answer Question

Analog Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Atlanta, GA) in September 2017.

Interview

on campus interview, two people interviewed me. the interview lasted about 30 minutes, they asked about a project I wrote on my resume, an two-stage OpAmp design. And they asked me how I did matching network for resistor and capacitor given. The interview process is still going, I have not finished with an outcome yet

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself
      Tell me about your failure
      Draw the schematic of this OpAmp you designed
      What is the gain?
      What is the ICMR?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments in September 2017.

Interview

I talked to the recruiter at the career fair and got on-campus interview for the next day. It went very well. After that, I got 2 more phone interviews. It's more about technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Design amplifiers and what difference between amplifiers.   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Texas Instruments in September 2017.

Interview

Texas Instruments interviewed me in my college career fair. The interview was a one on one interview. Asked both behavior questions and technical questions. The manager interviewing was intimidating at first but once conversation started the mood lighten up. Make sure to be excited to work with the company, this will show a lot.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Richardson, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

Turn around was very quick. The technical presentation Q/A session was the most intimidating part of the interview. The on site interview started with a short company presentation, the technical interview, two rounds of interviews, group problem, lunch, and the fab lab tour. You come into the on site interview with a presentation ready about a previous project you have done. The stages of interviews were a mix of behavioral questions and questions on your resume experiences. Most of the technical questions came from the presentation you present.

Interview Questions

• What were your safety parameters in a project I designed   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Tucson, AZ) in September 2017.

Interview

I had the chance to talk to the TI team in a school Job expo. They were very nice and easy to talk to. They asked me If i am interested in the rotation program I said yes. I was then asked to come back for an interview the next day. I got to the final round but because of work authorization issues I didn't get an offer.

Interview Questions

• They asked why I wanted to work for TI? and How my past experience makes me a good fit for the job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (College Station, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

In person 30-minute and 1 hr phone interview. Very well organized, in person interview was the same week as the career fair and the phone interview was scheduled on line with times throughout the week. Fair questions, none of them were "hard" to answer, more conversational then asking extremely difficult questions and seeing how you react to the pressure.

Interview Questions

• Mostly about experiences as working with a team and communication (in technical domains)   Answer Question

Product Test Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Texas Instruments in September 2017.

Interview

First interview was purely behavioral and on campus. Know your resume well and be prepared to give examples from previous projects. Second interview they asked to create an 8-10 minute technical presentation on a previous project. Afterwords asked a mix of behavioral and technical questions.

Application

Interview

I applied at my university job fair at the end of September. A rep at their booth set up an on campus interview for the next day. That interview was mainly behavioral questions with the last 10 minutes was reserved for a technical question. I was given a few pages from a products data sheet along with a timing diagram. I was instructed to diagnose what the product would do at certain times and also describe the primary function of the product. A few days later I was informed I was informed I was moved onto the second round of interviews. The second round was a phone interview along with a computer screen sharing program. The interview lasted around 45 minutes of which the first 10 was a presentation of a project I had previously done with the rest being behavioral. I received my official offer mid November.

Interview Questions

• Use the provided timing diagrams and data sheets to figure out what the product does under certain conditions at certain times.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Terre Haute, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Terre Haute, IN) in September 2017.

Interview

The process of the interview was very technical. I asked to interview for a field position and they had me interview for a desk job (of sorts). I wanted something in the midwest

Interview Questions

• They asked me about a voltage regulator   1 Answer