Texas Instruments Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Texas Instruments Interview Questions

Updated Apr 24, 2017

Accounting, Finance, and Operations Rotation Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I did an email on campus and did an on campus interview. The interview was behavioral questions. A few days later I had to do an interview using HireVue. The questions were simple questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about TI?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you made a mistake. What happened and what did you learn from the experience?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Received an email notifying me of a video interview a few days after applying. Not a video interview in the traditional sense; questions would pop up, and I had to record a response. No one else was present on the other end. I was given three days to do it at any time. I logged in to the website and was allowed to practice responding before I started. It was easy to use. After that I was presented with 4 questions, all behavioral. I was given 1 minute to think and 3 minutes to record a response for each question (no response took more than 2 minutes). That was it. Got an email asking me to go through the next round of interviews a few days later.

Interview Questions

• What's the most diverse environment you've worked in and how did you handle the challenges presented?   Answer Question
    • Talk about a recent project of yours and the challenges encountered in working on it.   Answer Question
    • Why is an internship at TI important to you?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Lubbock, TX).

Interview

I applied for an intern only. First I went thru phone interview . After that the manager came to university .1:1 interview with him and mostly he asked the stuffs from my resume. Took about an hour . I got an offer 2 weeks later.

Electrical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (New York, NY).

Interview

Talked to recruiters and engineers at university career fair and was scheduled an on-campus interview for the next day. The on-campus interviews were set up so that about 9-10 students were being interviewed in parallel. The interviewer asked me mostly about my resume and asked me a technical question related to a project I had done in the past, which I could not answer since it had been a long time since I had done the project.

Applications Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview

The interview process was suppose to be a 1:1, 30 minute interview but it turned into a phone interview due to the bad weather. TI contacted me with ample time to prepare accordingly. There were two interviewers on the phone that asked behavioral questions along with questions about the projects I listed on my Resume.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral Questions: "Tell us about yourself", "When was a time your project wasn't going well and did you fix the problem?"
      Technical Questions: Had to do with projects that I had on my resume; asked to describe a process that I used.
      Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview

Three step interview. Part one is conducted virtually where you answer questions by recording answers. Second is a virtual interview with two engineers where they ask you behavioral questions with some technical components. In the last part you get flown to Texas where you interview with several engineers and they tie your behavioral and technical knowledge together.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

It was a three step process. First, I had an interview on campus after talking to them at the career fair. This interview was mainly behavioral questions. Next, I had a virtual interview on HireVue that was also mainly behavioral questions and questions about my resume and projects I've worked on. It was a bit more technical than the first interview. The final step was when I was flown to Dallas for an on-site interview. On the first day I stayed at a really nice hotel and had dinner with other candidates and current Application Engineer Rotation Program people. The next day I had two, back-to-back 45 minute interviews at TI, where there were two people interviewing me at a time. These interviews were technical in nature. I also had to prepare a presentation about a project I worked on.

Interview Questions

• 1st interview: Mainly behavioral questions

2nd interview: Behavioral questions and questions about my resume. A couple of technical questions that really depend on who's interviewing
      1) Describe the block diagram of a Bluetooth wireless headset.
      2) How would you improve the Bluetooth wireless headset?

3rd interview: Technical questions specific to my resume and presentation. My presentation had buck converters in it, so they asked me:
      1) What's the purpose of the inductor and capacitor at the output?
      2) How do you make the input more efficient?
      1 Answer

Product Marketing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Got an interview invitation at the Engineering Career Fair at my college. Interviewed the following week with one interviewer. The interviewer asked about 5 behavior questions and a few follow-up questions following my answers. Overall not a bad experience. It seemed the interviewer really cared about what you learned from each of the example/answer that gave him.

Interview Questions

• Q:Describe a time that you fought for something really hard, but didn’t win, what did you learn?   Answer Question
    • Q:Describe a time that you have to solve a complex problem, what did you do and what did you learn?   Answer Question
    • Q:Describe a time that you have to develop a close relationship with someone, how did you achieve that? What did you learn?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Palo Alto, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Very smooth and easy first round. Meet them on campus, and get an interview on second day. TI has good reputation regarding their on campus recruitment. And their info session is very helpful. First round interview is always easy, just going through your resume. Waiting for feedback

Interview Questions

• why do you choose application engineer as your career path?   Answer Question

Electrical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Austin, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Got an interview from career fair at my uni. Had a 1 on 1 behavioral interview the next day, and got scheduled for a second round interview after 2 weeks or so. I was interviewed by 2 engineering in verification and they have me present 10 minutes on a project that I did, and proceeded to ask me technical questions about it.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions related to the project that I presented   Answer Question