Texas Instruments Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Texas Instruments Interview Questions

Updated Apr 24, 2017

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Got the interview opportunity during campus career fair, signed up for the first interview in 3 days. The first round is on campus, one interviewer behavioral style, good experience. Routine questions regarding resume and expertise, some behavioral questions

The second interview is over the phone with three interviewers; their questions are the quite difficult type of behavioral questions however they do answer my questions nicely. Haven't heard back about one week since the interview, I will update this post if I got any feedback.

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience you expect a project failure.
      Describe an experience you have a team member underperformance and how you handle it.
      Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Tallahassee, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

There are three interviews. All three involved me and two interviewers. The first interview was conducted at my college after a career fair. The second was a webcam interview. The third would've been an on-site interview in Dallas, TX. The two interviews that I did were both some behavioral and some technical.

Interview Questions

• Q: Describe the ideal conditions of an op-amp. Non-ideal? Then find Gain.   Answer Question
    • Q: Describe a low-pass filter.   Answer Question
    • Q: Tell us about a technical project you worked on.
      Be prepared to go into detail on this and know everything about it! They will ask questions.
      Answer Question

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Got an email from some one in HR telling me to do an online interview through Hirevue website. Did the interview where you are given an interview question and 2 minutes to prepare an answer. You record your answer through your webcam. There were 3 questions that were all behavioral questions. No technical questions. No response from anyone at TI after the interview. Been more than a month.

Product Engineer & Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Richardson, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

First interview was personality based, second interview is some personality with a technical question or two. I had one second interview on campus and the other was webcam.

It's not really the questions that are difficult, it's really more of how aggressive they can be, but people have gotten offers without answering correctly, so I'm guessing it depends on who interviews you.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a bjt and a mosfet? Bjt has "leakage current" in the gate, however I said mosfet has infinite gate resistance and bjt has rpi as the base resistance, this was considered incorrect.

What does this digital circuit do? It was a DFF with Q* plugged into D, and Q is output. It was a frequency divide by two system.

How to make sure voltage from first system gets to second system? First system is plugged into base of bjt and collector is plugged into second system. The answer was to add a pull up resistance which is vdd in series with resistor, connected to collector.

I gave plenty of working answers, but none were considered correct.
      1 Answer

Analog Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied through university and had one round of phone interview.
    Then had a follow up interview on webex.
    I was selected for an on-site interview for the final round in Dallas. It was mostly based out on the resume and a few very basic questions about the projects

Interview Questions

• What is the purpose of kelvin connection to measure the resistance of a wire?
      Which region of the transfer characteristics represent an ohmic resistor?
      He gave me a 3 end to end diode connected transistors and asked me to find the voltage drop across each of them.
      1 Answer

ACCESS Program Interview

Application

Interview

Campus interview, HUE video interview, and in person interview. The campus interview is very casual. The second interview is a video one where your responses are timed and recorded. Then if you make it to the third round, they fly you to Texas for 3 days.

Interview Questions

• What can you tell me about TI?   1 Answer

Analog Design Engineer Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (College Station, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

I got the on-campus interview on career fair. It was all like behavioral questions plus one technical question related to my resume. After two weeks, they followed up with the second telephone interview. I need to present a project ppt by sharing the screen, after which they asked a lot of technical questions as well as the questions based on my ppt.

Interview Questions

• What was the most complicated project you've even done?   1 Answer

Analog Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Talked to someone in school career fair and got an on campus interview. Then got a phone interview after a few weeks. Then an onsite interview with 2 rounds. The process is not fast. Did not get an offer.

Product Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments in October 2016.

Interview

First meeting at career fair at university; contacted for on-campus interview, followed by phone interview. Did not get past the phone interview. Behavior questions and past experiences, nothing technical.

Interview Questions

• Describe experiences working in a team and demonstrating leadership.   Answer Question

Digital Design Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

It started with job fair where I got selected for an on-campus interview. I was asked questions based on my technical and behavioral skills. Next step was a 1-hour technical interview. It was a telephonic interview with two of the team members. I was supposed to give a short presentation on my project work. It was a good experience for me. I did not get selected in the final round.

Interview Questions

• Questions based of IC compiler and design compiler.   1 Answer
    • Questions based on my presentation   Answer Question