Texas Instruments Member of Technical Staff Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Texas Instruments Member of Technical Staff Interview Questions

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

A bunch of arrogant, seemingly imbecilic engineers asked me a bunch of questions. The questioned demonstrated the incompetence of the interviewers. This is supposedly a technical company with good business managers but apparently not. It consisted of phone screen, and then a day of one on one 1 hour interviews.

Interview Questions

• Do capacitors store water or milk?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Texas Instruments

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview

I was selected as part of a campus recruitment. Had a quick phone interview call and then followed up with a more technical in-person interview on campus.
    this was followed by a final round at the headquarters where I was interviewed by 3 separate people. the nature was mostly technology focused with a bit of generic questions.
    Was given an offer letter after they conducted another 3 rounds of interview - so the wait for me was a bit more. but the HR folks contacted me to state that I was a shortlisted candidate and wanted to let me know after additional rounds. Others in my interview round were told no right away. So, a bit more communication that I had expected.

Interview Questions

• Detailed explanation of a school project I had done with a lot of follow-ups. Kept extending the interview and HR finally dragged me away from that interviewer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I was recruited by one of the TI fellows and asked to come down to Dallas. The interview was thorough but fair. Gave a presentation to members, senior members of staff and fellows. Was asked questions about the presentation and then had individual sessions with several of the people present at the talk. The staff overall wanted to engage in a lively discussion and see what I knew, but was not disrespectful about it.

Interview Questions

• Question was very specific to my talk, and challenged me on practicality of my approach. Basically, be prepared to engage in a lively discussion with intelligent people.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX) in May 2010.

Interview

Direct questions relevant to the job. No surprises but have to know what you are talking about. Questions were mostly technical. It was group interview with people whom you have to work with.

Negotiation

No negotiation. Just accepted