Texas Instruments Product Marketing Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Texas Instruments Product Marketing Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Texas Instruments

2.6

Product Marketing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview

I got a mail telling me that I've been selected for a video interview. I clicked on the said link and there were 5 questions that appeared on the screen. I just had to record my answers and send them. Then a few days later I got a call saying that I'd been moved to the next round in which I'd have a live video interview with one of the hiring managers. I replied with my available time slots.
But then I did not receive any reply for a week. I called up the manager, and she said that they were not done interviewing all candidates, and I'd be informed soon. Some 8 days later, I get a regret mail informing me that they could not take me to the next round. The manager hasn't replied since then.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Texas Instruments

Product Marketing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments in October 2014.

Interview

I met with them at a career fair and they were really insistent on having me interview for a sales/product marketing position. I interviewed at the university and then was called back for a hireview 2nd interview (webcam based). The interviews were more behavioral than anything else and were pretty simple. After my second interview they called and gave me an offer.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult group you've had to work with?   Answer Question

Position was in Tucson and I wanted to do more engineering work than sales.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX) in August 2010.

Interview

Typical interview, beginning with HR phone screen, followed by on-site interview and then second on-site interview with peers and hiring manager.

Product Marketing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Texas Instruments in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online the process took about 2 months. The first interview was a video interview. You have to record yourself. 5 questions. 3 mins to answer each question. All the questions were behavioral/situational. The second interview was a live one to one video with an interviewer. It was heavily Technical based interview.

Product Marketing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Texas Instruments in January 2017.

Interview

Three rounds of interviews:
    1st: video interview.
    - the program asks 6 questions
    - record yourself answering each of the questions, you get one try

2nd: video-chat with recruiter
    - several behavioral questions
    - my interviewer was a PME

3rd: on-site interview
    - dinner with current program employees the night before
    - next morning you drive to the campus for two interviews, tour of the facility, lunch, and Q&A session with more current employees

Interview Questions

• Explain an electrical component of your choice in the way that you would to your grandmother.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

After meeting with TI at a university carrier fair, I was immediately asked to meet the following day for an on campus interview. This interview was primarily behavioral. About a week later I was contacted to have a second interview via Skype with two people. This interview was very technical.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time that you failed at something and how you overcame that failure.   Answer Question

Product Marketing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Texas Instruments in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online after meeting TI at my school's career fair. I got a call from a recruiter after a few weeks, to set up an online interview on HireVue. This was one of those interviews where you are given a question and you record your video answer, it was like 5 questions. It was practically all behavioral questions, mostly looking for answers that show motivation and that you want to "win". The second round is a live video interview with TI engineers, pretty much all behavioral, it was the day after Christmas so only one of my interviewers met with me.

Interview Questions

• How important is it to you to win?   1 Answer

Product Marketing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Texas Instruments in November 2015.

Interview

First round required answering questions independently over a video recording online service. The questions were very standard behavioral questions focused on my prior experiences. Second round was a video interview with a Product Marketing Manager based out of Dallas. This was also fairly standard, as the interviewer took a very casual laid back approach. I thought there would be more rounds, but I received a call a few weeks later informing me of my offer.

Interview Questions

• Talk about one time you had to convince a group to do something your way.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Got an interview invitation at the Engineering Career Fair at my college. Interviewed the following week with one interviewer. The interviewer asked about 5 behavior questions and a few follow-up questions following my answers. Overall not a bad experience. It seemed the interviewer really cared about what you learned from each of the example/answer that gave him.

Interview Questions

• Q:Describe a time that you fought for something really hard, but didn’t win, what did you learn?   Answer Question
    • Q:Describe a time that you have to solve a complex problem, what did you do and what did you learn?   Answer Question
    • Q:Describe a time that you have to develop a close relationship with someone, how did you achieve that? What did you learn?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

I met the company at an engineer conference and got an on-site interview. Then I had to do 2 virtual interview steps, one where I recorded myself answering questions and the other was a one hour interview which was half behavioral and half technical. The final step was an on site interview where I was flown out to Dallas.

Interview Questions

• For the behavioral, you can Google any sample questions. Technical was mostly regarding projects and stuff. I got asked what a transistor was and what it's used for, how Bluetooth works, analog vs digital (this is huge cause of what they do), why there are different programming languages and so on   1 Answer