Texas Instruments Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Texas Instruments Software Engineer Interview Questions

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Houston, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day., I just sent my resume on the career fair. and then they told me to have the interview next day. Sorry I am not have interview yet, after i have it , i will update my information.

Interview Questions

• describe a project that you worked on in the past, describe what part you played in it, describe the project architecture.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Texas Instruments

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Houston, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

First round is behavioral. They asked about what I did in college and just went over my resume. Asked about diversity questions and how I would react to conflicts. Not too bad. Got into second round in a week.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had conflicted with others.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Texas Instruments in October 2013.

Interview

I applied through a university careers website and got an on-campus interview. This lasted about a half hour, and it was just a behavioral interview. Later that evening, I heard from HR that the interview had gone well and that they'd like to set up a phone interview for as soon as possible. The phone interview would also have a web conference component where I was to prepare a 10-15 minute presentation on a project that I'd worked on.

My phone interview/presentation was with an embedded systems engineer, and he had an extremely thick accent. I had a hard time understanding most of what he said over the phone, and I had to ask him to repeat himself many times. From what I could tell, he thought my presentation was very good. However, when he asked me if Texas Instruments was my top choice for employment, I said no, and that I was hoping to get a more software-oriented position if possible. Because of that, I didn't hear back from TI after this interview.

Interview Questions

• Follow-up questions asked during my presentation: Explain why you chose the language you did, and why you chose an interrupt-driven design.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vellore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Vellore (India)) in October 2015.

Interview

One written round questions was from techical, then GD (divided into groups of 4 and then 1 team will be in for and the other in against) , 2 technical and then HR

Interview Questions

• 1st technical round was simple asked questions about projects, 2nd technical was a bit difficult asked questions in depth from OS DBMS etc. I got eliminated in HR round.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Bengaluru (India)) in October 2015.

Interview

First Telephonic Round, then two rounds of face to face interview. The interviews were technical. It involved questions from computer organisation, data structures, some puzzles etc. Each round was of 50 minutes minimum. The interviews were well rounded and the interviewers were nice. They gave plenty of time to solve each problem. Make sure you talk to them while solving so, that even if you can't solve the problem partial score can be given to you.

Interview Questions

• Just gave telephonic round, asked questions related from computer organisation, data structure etc.
      For example, from cache. arrays etc.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (New Delhi (India)) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied for internship in software profile . TI visited our campus . First of all , there was a MCQ online test consisting of 20 questions (10 aptitude , 10 coding ) to be solved in 90 mins (marking scheme +1 & -0.5). Aptitude was of medium level . Coding question were also of medium level , most of them were output questions focusing on function pointers. 1 question from OS & Networking each (easy). 4 candidates were selected for interview. .

Interview Questions

• 1 basic question of electrical circuit (draw I-R graph of a circuit having constant voltage source and variable resistor . 2 coding questions (swap 2 elements without using extra space , design a shortest path algorithm for a given circuit )   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2012.

Interview

I had an aptitude test after which they shortlisted a couple of students. My interview went for more than an hour. He asked me questions on Computer Architecture and DSP. I had very little knowledge on this and didn't clear this round. Lot of hardware and COA oriented questions even though it was a software profile.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tiruchchirappalli (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Tiruchchirappalli (India)) in July 2012.

Interview

First there was a written round consisting of Aptitude(1 comprehension,1 Data interpretation comprehension,rest normal Mcqs,20 questions 40 minutes) And Technical Questions(20) comprising of Basic C,OS,Computer Architecture,few Network Questions.
    Then There was 1 technical Interview.They were looking for Embedded Software profile and so were lot more interested in OS,COA,Memory related functions like malloc,calloc.The worst part was despite of telling them I did not have any course on micro controller they asked me to write driver for something(I dont even remember that and that is why they rejected all of us).

Interview Questions

• Driver question and Questions related to how C program is stored in memory and why cant we access local variables from other blocks(relating to how they are stored in memory)   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2011.

Interview

I applied online for this position. I received an email first for a screen phone interview first. During phone interview I was asked about my background in software engineering specially in c++ and my previous projects. Then, 2-3 days after I got an email for 1:1 interview. The 1:1 interview took about an hour with the software team lead and a team member. The team leader explained in detail about the jobs and the organization and about the role. Then it was an OOP and a C++ skill test.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Texas Instruments in April 2010.

Interview

I had an approximately one hour phone interview with systems programming hiring manager. The hiring manager had a thorough knowledge of how systems applications were used in the organization and had a good grasp of the technical material. We had a pleasant conversation. He was sorting through the resumes he had received, picking through the candidates that had only listed buzz words. His choice was based on selecting candidates who had more systems programming experience vs applications programming experience. There was mutual agreement that I was not an exact fit for the job and there were probably other candidates better suited for the position.