Texas Instruments Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Texas Instruments Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 12, 2017

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX) in October 2008.

Interview

the first interview was with the HR general manager. it went very well, no technical question, just about my career goals and what kind of posiition i would like to get once hired, and most important, rewrite my resume and tell explicitly the courses i took so far.
the second was with the HR again, and more detailed. it was regarding my educational background, my strength and weaknesses, and a brief discussion on my resume.
the third was with my boss (software application manager) and it took approximately 1h. he explained to me what they are doing, asked me what i'm looking forward to doing, the device i would be working on and also he asked what are my passions.
the last interview was very in depth, and skills oriented. i was litterally quizzed in the area i will be working on. it was about 1h30mn interview, and it went well.

Interview Questions

• In my case it was not really questions, but mostly it was explaining a design process flowing some established rules i am supposed to know to accomplish efficiently the job.   1 Answer

Negotiation

i was amazed by the amount of money offered to me... so i took it without further negociations

Other Interview Reviews for Texas Instruments

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vellore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Vellore (India)) in October 2015.

Interview

One written round questions was from techical, then GD (divided into groups of 4 and then 1 team will be in for and the other in against) , 2 technical and then HR

Interview Questions

• 1st technical round was simple asked questions about projects, 2nd technical was a bit difficult asked questions in depth from OS DBMS etc. I got eliminated in HR round.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Bengaluru (India)) in October 2015.

Interview

First Telephonic Round, then two rounds of face to face interview. The interviews were technical. It involved questions from computer organisation, data structures, some puzzles etc. Each round was of 50 minutes minimum. The interviews were well rounded and the interviewers were nice. They gave plenty of time to solve each problem. Make sure you talk to them while solving so, that even if you can't solve the problem partial score can be given to you.

Interview Questions

• Just gave telephonic round, asked questions related from computer organisation, data structure etc.
      For example, from cache. arrays etc.
      Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (New Delhi (India)) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied for internship in software profile . TI visited our campus . First of all , there was a MCQ online test consisting of 20 questions (10 aptitude , 10 coding ) to be solved in 90 mins (marking scheme +1 & -0.5). Aptitude was of medium level . Coding question were also of medium level , most of them were output questions focusing on function pointers. 1 question from OS & Networking each (easy). 4 candidates were selected for interview. .

Interview Questions

• 1 basic question of electrical circuit (draw I-R graph of a circuit having constant voltage source and variable resistor . 2 coding questions (swap 2 elements without using extra space , design a shortest path algorithm for a given circuit )   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2014.

Interview

A written round consisting of C aptitude and puzzles. Shortlisted candidates subjected to a technical interview, followed by a final HR round. Technical round focus is on threading, semaphores and kernel programming. HR round focuses on previous projects, general puzzles. A lot of emphasis given on the resume and questions are asked based on the work done, so knowing ones own resume well is very helpful

Interview Questions

• Basics of threading, semaphores and kernel programming   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations -- Take what is given

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2012.

Interview

I had an aptitude test after which they shortlisted a couple of students. My interview went for more than an hour. He asked me questions on Computer Architecture and DSP. I had very little knowledge on this and didn't clear this round. Lot of hardware and COA oriented questions even though it was a software profile.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tiruchchirappalli (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Tiruchchirappalli (India)) in July 2012.

Interview

First there was a written round consisting of Aptitude(1 comprehension,1 Data interpretation comprehension,rest normal Mcqs,20 questions 40 minutes) And Technical Questions(20) comprising of Basic C,OS,Computer Architecture,few Network Questions.
    Then There was 1 technical Interview.They were looking for Embedded Software profile and so were lot more interested in OS,COA,Memory related functions like malloc,calloc.The worst part was despite of telling them I did not have any course on micro controller they asked me to write driver for something(I dont even remember that and that is why they rejected all of us).

Interview Questions

• Driver question and Questions related to how C program is stored in memory and why cant we access local variables from other blocks(relating to how they are stored in memory)   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2012.

Interview

First was the pre placement talk... they spoke about the company and what they look for in candidates. Then we had a written IQ/analytical thinking test, consisting of one general puzzle, and one data-structure related puzzle. Then we had a group problem solving exercise. The problem statement was: How are you going to increase India’s medal haul at the next Olympics to 20. We were supposed to think individually for five minutes, discuss for 8, and one of us would go and present for 2 minutes. Finally we had interviews with three panellists; mine lasted an hour.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Texas Instruments in December 2011.

Interview

Multiple phone interviews including a video conference call interview. The interviewers were from 3 different locations and none were employed at the location where I was interviewing for. The video conference was about 30 minutes long and began with a 10 minute resume presentation I had previously prepared. They seemed more concerned with previous job duties and experience and didn't quiz me on technical software topics.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2011.

Interview

I applied online for this position. I received an email first for a screen phone interview first. During phone interview I was asked about my background in software engineering specially in c++ and my previous projects. Then, 2-3 days after I got an email for 1:1 interview. The 1:1 interview took about an hour with the software team lead and a team member. The team leader explained in detail about the jobs and the organization and about the role. Then it was an OOP and a C++ skill test.