Texas Instruments Interview Questions in Tucson, AZ | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 2, 2017

3.5

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Tucson, AZ).

Interview

It was difficult to get a job. I was in constant contact with hiring manager, but it took about 4 years to finally get a requisition freed up by corporate in Dallas.

Interview Questions

• a question on the board asking for a calculation to be performed in front of hiring manager.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Tucson, AZ) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied for precision analog amplifier tester; Typical interview process: Applied online, 1 hour phone screen, whole day face to face interview; 5 different interviewers; basic transistor and amplifier/filter questions, basic programming, plus some logic question;

Interview Questions

• What are positive feedback and negative feedback amplifier?; how do they look like?; how are they different?   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Tucson, AZ) in November 2015.

Interview

There were two rounds of interviews. I got an interview through an on campus career fair and the first interview was one on one with just basic behavioral questions. It then took about a week to get moved on to the second interview which was pre-recorded answers through a webcam and you submit your answers. This was through a special program where they had an employee ask a question through a pre-recorded video and then you have about 30 seconds to prepare and a minute to answer the question.

Interview Questions

• Of the three financial statements, which do you think is the most important and why?
      What projects in school or work would benefit you in this internship?
      What do you hope to get out of this internship?
      Tell us a time when you portrayed leadership.
      Answer Question

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Tucson, AZ) in June 2015.

Interview

A 1-hour phone interview with basic questions lead to an intensive all-day interview, with a constant onslaught of technical questions (whiteboard/paper required) from many different employees in the department. Overall, I was not disappointed at the quality and thoroughness of the interview, but wished it was a bit more relaxed.

Interview Questions

• Draw a differential amplifier with variable values for the resistors and find the transfer function (perform frequency domain analysis) on the resultant schematic.   1 Answer

Electrical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Tucson, AZ).

Interview

The interview was good, a lot of knowledgeable engineers that were engaged and interested in what they were doing. Very technical. I felt comfortable to have an opportunity to work with such good engineers.

Interview Questions

• Show the gain of on amplifier/ improve. Compensation of the amplifier.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I told them I had other offers, they increase the options and salary

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Tucson, AZ) in January 2015.

Interview

first it was a phone interview and if you clear that then face to face interview. Almost 10 managers interviewed me. Interview was from 8:00 a.m to 5:00 p.m.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Tucson, AZ) in August 2012.

Interview

Had an Phone interview for an hour by the hiring manager. Was then called onsite. had 2 interviews. Then was taken out for lunch and then was followed by 4 interviews. Was told the decision in 2 days . All hardware related questions were straight forward. Algorithms interview went bad. Rest were hardware which were good. one of the interviwer expected me to carry some of the projects report that i had mentioned on my resume(he was an applications engineer manager) . I didn't carry one . so his interview(dunno y) and algorithms interview(i sucked at it) did me in. (it was my 1st interview)
    Overall Very professional and a positive exp.

Interview Questions

• Algorithms interview. Find latest palindrome date from 0-1999AD. I was more focused towards hardware aspect so this question caught me off guard.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Tucson, AZ) in July 2012.

Interview

Had two phone interviews and was called on site later. Had 7 rounds of interview there.

Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Tucson, AZ) in May 2012.

Interview

There is a written electronics exam and if you pass, you interview with 2-4 others. A college degree is a must. I looked over my electronics notes from school and came well prepared. Since I already worked at this company and had a good reputation, the interview was rather easy

Interview Questions

• Electronics and math questions   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Tucson, AZ) in February 2012.

Interview

Grueling interview process, almost 10 interviews, 3 over the phone and an onsite interview. Mostly technical followed by some HR Questions. Mostly technical questions, followed by a last round with HR.

Interview Questions

• Basic technical questions on OPAMP, RC Filter, transistor-level questions, questions from study projects   Answer Question