Texas Parks & Wildlife Department Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

Interviews for Top Jobs at Texas Parks & Wildlife Department

Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Texas Parks & Wildlife Department (Austin, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

There were two women who interviewed me at the same time. Both of them were friendly and made me feel at ease during the interview. One thing to note is that there was a skills test in which I was timed and asked to draw a facebook advertisement. Was a little daunting, but looking back was kinda fun.

Interview Questions

• What is the mission statement of Texas Parks and Wildlife department?   1 Answer

Program Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Texas Parks & Wildlife Department.

Interview

Applied via workintexas.com. Received an interview approximately 1 month after closing of applications. They asked a lot of very specific questions regarding the position I was applying for. Make sure you know the role inside and out and the program it sits within

Interview Questions

• can you give us a situation where you had to apply your fact finding skills to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnet, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Parks & Wildlife Department (Burnet, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

Panel of 4. They are in uniform. They introduce themselves then explain that they will be asking questions round -robin and will be writing while you answer. Give them time to write.

Interview Questions

• Why are you the best candidate for this position?   1 Answer

Information Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Parks & Wildlife Department (Austin, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied for this job online after finding it on a government jobs database. The application was pretty standard--cover letter, resume, references, college transcript. Three weeks later, I got a call from the hiring manager and went in to the interview one week after that. The whole interview was about two hours, one hour for a panel interview and one hour for a skills test, in which I edited a media release.

Interview Questions

• They asked how I felt about hunting and fishing, since that's a big part of what the organization educates Texas about.   Answer Question

CSRI Interview

Anonymous Employee in Corpus Christi, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Parks & Wildlife Department (Corpus Christi, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Small panel of two, I was applying for a part time position. Pre-selected question, very formal process, pretty standard. Series of questions, they took turns. Was a supervisor and another employee not directly related to clerical area.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of an emergency situation you encountered and how you responded to it.   Answer Question

Interpreter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Parks & Wildlife Department (Austin, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

Two of the current employees took turns asking questions. A hands on assignment was given. A second round of interviews gave a more elaborate assignment that cost the applicants money and lots of time.

Interview Questions

• Look at this sign and tell us what suggestions you would make   1 Answer

Wildlife Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Texas Parks & Wildlife Department in November 2013.

Interview

Smooth process. Be yourself and show your passion.
    I went to a job fair, made a connect. Followed up. Applied online. communicated via email with the connect in charge of hiring. Scheduled a video interview. received notification via email of job offer.

Park Ranger III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Parks & Wildlife Department (Austin, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

Application online. Focus all of your experience directly to the required KSA's. Don't leave any left unreferenced to you experience. You will score higher if you have at least minimum experience in each of the KSA's. Do not leave any information open to interpretation, explain everything!

Interview Questions

• Explain your experience working with volunteers.   1 Answer

Negotiation

set salery

Contract Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Texas Parks & Wildlife Department (Austin, TX) in April 2011.

Interview

Long process; 2 interviews, background check, then wait. Process was appx 2 months

Negotiation

There was no negotiation with TPWD!