Texas Tech Research Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Texas Tech Research Assistant Interview Questions

2.3

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Texas Tech.

Interview

I applied online. I received a phone call within 48 hours about scheduling an interview. The interview was very straightforward. The following week, I went into the office and interviewed with my potential boss. He described the position. Overall, the experience was very easy.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you? Tell me a little bit about yourself   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Texas Tech

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Texas Tech.

Interview

I was given the job. No interview was required as the entire performance during the first year of graduate studies was evaluated as crieteria for enrolling as research assistant.
    Students at Texas Tech have a flexible program where during the second year we are given the option of either taking up an internship research project under one of the professors guidance or at an industry for one year.
    Research assistanship is given based on project similarities

Interview Questions

• Basic knowledge about molecular biology and RNA
      Nucleic acid extraction
      quantification
      Sequencing knowledge
      Illumina synthesis chemistry   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Texas Tech in August 2015.

Interview

It was an interesting process. Interview was based on some database concepts and discussion about the projects I have done.. It was a telephonic interview and then skype interview. I was notified about my selection through email.

Interview Questions

• What is Tableau? My recent projects? Introduce yourself? Database concepts? Do you have anay questions for us? What do you do to manage time?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Texas Tech (Lubbock, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

Interview process is very quick. they do not keep you waiting for results after interview. I applied for the job and I got a call for an interview in 2 to 3 days. Interview was technical and focused on job requirements. Interviewer explained all job responsibilities and duties one need to perform on job. After interview I got mail with job offer on same day.

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

GRC is organizing nearly 600 Conferences and Seminars in 2014 and 2015. Meetings will be held in New England, California and Texas in the United States, and internationally in Italy, Spain and Hong Kong, China. Click the Conferences menu on the left for a complete list of meetings.

For over 75 years, GRC's high-quality, cost-effective meetings have been recognized as the world's premier scientific conferences, where leading investigators from around the globe discuss their latest work and future challenges in a uniquely informal, interactive format. Apply to a Gordon Research Conference or Gordon Research Seminar now and see why attendees consistently rate them "the best conference I've attended this year".

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Texas Tech.

Interview

Just a casual interview with some technical questions.

Interview Questions

• nothing like that. good knowledge on your projects is a plus   Answer Question

Negotiation

Im student and there was'nt any negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Texas Tech (Lubbock, TX) in May 2013.

Interview

It was one to one interview. I has applied online and actually moved to lubbock before interview. I was accepted for graduate school but did not have a research assistant position yet. The professor invited me to his office and I had simple interview with him. He/ She asked about my research experience and course work.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Texas Tech (Lubbock, TX) in September 2012.

Interview

Discussed about resume. Work experience helps.

Anonymous Employee in Lubbock, TX

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Texas Tech (Lubbock, TX) in December 2010.

Interview

This was in regards to a research assistant position in the department of engineering. Mainly consisted of research based questions