Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center Interview Questions

Interviews at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center

2.5

Sort:

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center.

Interview

I had 2 interviews before I was hired, not that difficult at all. They asked questions and it was answer and move on to the next interviewer. It was a good and easy experience.

Interview Questions

• If you were an animal, what kind of animal would you be and why?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation this is what they offer and that is the bottom line.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (El Paso, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

Hiring process took about two months. I wasn't actually told I was selected for the position. I found out after calling and asking for a status on my application. Interview questions were basic and easy to answer.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (Lubbock, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

No interview process. professors decide whom to give job and very biased. Bad experience of faculty. They do partiality. Not good staff. They have all rights to spoil a students career and they usually do to whom they dont like personally. Would not recommend this department. Many international students and locals and they do not treat good.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amarillo, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (Amarillo, TX).

Interview

Submit application for graduate admission. If you are selected for the position then admission board will interview you. They will ask you about basic things relevant to your work. After finalizing everything they will finalize your recruitment process and offer you the position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you like this organization? What is your expertise? If you have any conflict with supervisor how will you manage?   Answer Question

Graduate Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Abilene, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (Abilene, TX).

Interview

Responded to email postings for the job by submitting a declaration of interest and resume. After approximately one week, I was asked for my availability to attend an in-person interview. Thirty minute in-person interview by two faculty/staff members following a questionnaire sheet containing personal and work questions as well as your solutions to hypothetical scenarios.

Interview Questions

• If you are invested in a large project such as a grant application and a faculty member suddenly approaches and requests you to handle a task such as reviewing papers or attending a recruiting event, how well could you adjust to their request.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (Lubbock, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed via phone and after an extremely casual conversation received an offer immediately after. I wasn't nervous at all during due to the laid back approach taken I that department

Interview Questions

• How would you describe a way you've been able to take initiative?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (Lubbock, TX) in June 2011.

Interview

For my interview process, all I had to do was fill out an online application. Then after about a week I got a phone call to have a face to face interview the following day. The interview was simple and basic.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I was willing to work during the holidays.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation phase. It was take it or leave it.

Student Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center in May 2014.

Interview

Online Application and Interview. I applied for the job through an online website which is maintained by the university. After my application was reviewed, I was called for an interview.

RN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amarillo, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (Amarillo, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Very laid back. I met with the DON and the shift supervisor. The DON had his feet up on the desk while drinking coffee, and asked more friendly questions. The shift supervisor asked questions about my experience.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about promptness   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiations.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Odessa, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (Odessa, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

Interview was two parts, back-to-back. Interviewed with the head of the department first. He asked great questions, all to identify conceptual overview of me. Interested in my ability to develop relationships, a key part of this position.
    The second part of the process, I was taken to a different room to interview with the person currently performing the position and the Assistant Dean of the department. They asked more questions, getting to know me, and gave me the opportunity to ask them questions as well. The part that I was trying to determine was more about the job (initial description was very concise and limited) and what skills would be the best to possess to make me successful in that position.
    At the end of this interview process this day, I was told the rest of the process, which includes visiting again a possible two more times, and then they were hoping to be able to make a decision.
    It was a positive experience overall, and I have completed step one. The folks I interacted with seemed very pleasant and genuine.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your relationship building skills, how do you collaborate with others?
      Do you enjoy numbers and details? Do you get lost in the details?
      What made you decide to apply for this position, what interested you in the description?   Answer Question