Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center

2.5

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Odessa, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (Odessa, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

Interview was two parts, back-to-back. Interviewed with the head of the department first. He asked great questions, all to identify conceptual overview of me. Interested in my ability to develop relationships, a key part of this position.
    The second part of the process, I was taken to a different room to interview with the person currently performing the position and the Assistant Dean of the department. They asked more questions, getting to know me, and gave me the opportunity to ask them questions as well. The part that I was trying to determine was more about the job (initial description was very concise and limited) and what skills would be the best to possess to make me successful in that position.
    At the end of this interview process this day, I was told the rest of the process, which includes visiting again a possible two more times, and then they were hoping to be able to make a decision.
    It was a positive experience overall, and I have completed step one. The folks I interacted with seemed very pleasant and genuine.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your relationship building skills, how do you collaborate with others?
      Do you enjoy numbers and details? Do you get lost in the details?
      What made you decide to apply for this position, what interested you in the description?   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (El Paso, TX).

Interview

Contacted shortly after I submitted application and had interview the next week.

I wore a suit and was interviewed by someone wearing a T-shirt and a hoodie. I was shocked and somewhat offended. This was for a professional job, not fast food!

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center in January 2016.

Interview

It was easy and the interviewers made it very comfortable. The panel of scientists were very understanding and asked questions specific to the position. It was a very pleasant experience.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 10+ months. I interviewed at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (Lubbock, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

A group of 6 tenured professors. Video then in person. They flew me out and paid for hotel stay. The application opened in June submission due by November. First contact was in February. 2 weeks later I was interviewed in person by a panel. Then individually. It took all day.

Interview Questions

• Why did you go into this field?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (Lubbock, TX) in September 2010.

Interview

An open job interview is an interview for employment where companies accept job applications during a ranges of times when all applicants who are interested in applying can attend. The company conducts on-the-spot interviews rather than scheduling individual interview appointments with candidates. If the company advertises open interviews, this will be the first step in the interview process.

Interview Questions

• A screening interview is a type of job interview that is conducted to determine if the applicant has the qualifications needed to do the job for which the company is hiring. A screening interview is typically the first interview in the hiring process if the company does not start with open interviews.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Abilene, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (Abilene, TX) in December 2011.

Interview

Initial communication was through email followed by a personal interview which included a presentation and critical review. Then a personal interview with the immediate supervisor and it was done. The talks were mainly about the research and the direction in which the lab was moving. This included the future work of the lab if appointed.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Terms of appointment and sponsorship and negotiation was not tough

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (El Paso, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online, the process took 2.5 months from date of application to hiring date. I interviewed at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (El Paso) in Sept. 2016. The process consisted of an interview and a few follow up calls.

Interview Questions

• Group Interview with the supervisor and PI of the project. Few questions on prior research experience, research interests, and coordinating experience. Additional questions related to experience with evaluation materials, data analysis, and leadership/coordinating style.   Answer Question

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (El Paso, TX) in June 2013.

Interview

The interview was a joke. It was obvious that whoever wrote out the interview questions had a very limited, if not nonexistent, knowledge of the English language. Two of the three interviewers could barely speak English and only did so with an extremely heavy accent to the point that I had to repeatedly ask that the questions be repeated.

Unit Coordinator Interview

Interview

I applied online and got a call a few weeks later to interview that week with the unit manager and director. They were very polite and the questions pertained to managing schedules. I got to interview a second time with a physician and was asked specific questions pertaining to my experience.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was the usual of how did you handle a difficult situation in your previous work experience.   Answer Question

Unit Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (El Paso, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied on-line by creating a profile on their site. I uploaded my resume and cover letter and answered some questions. They called me the next day to set up an appointment for an interview the following Friday. The interview was short about 25 minutes.

Interview Questions

See What Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center Employees Are Saying

StarStarStarStarStar   Former Clinical Assistant in El Paso, TX

Pros: “Health Insurance Paid vacation Community Involvement”“Health Insurance Paid vacation Community Involvement” – Full Review