Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center

2.5

Unit Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Odessa, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (Odessa, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

5 minute interview, softball questions like what classes I took in college and if I planned on continuing education. They were very blatant in telling me that I would never get rich here. They were right but they offer great training and experience as a springboard.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center.

Interview

After initial email exchange, it was a phone interview. It was 1 h long, focused upon my background, technical skills, my personal and social skills, past achievements, why I left particular program etc. I also got to meet lab members, projects undergoing in lab and project I was suppose to work on.

Residency Unit Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (Lubbock, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

Phone interview followed by face to face interview about a week letter

Patients Services Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (Lubbock, TX) in October 2008.

Interview

The hiring process for the initail application was online. I then received a phone call for an interview. Had a one on one interview with the administrator of the department of Ob-Gyn, then received a phone call back with in a few days.

Interview Questions

• Well we all have them, but I feel speaking about your faults is a hard question.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Administrative Medical Secretary Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (El Paso, TX) in November 2011.

Interview

Similar to other higher academic medical facilities. First interview, then second interview should you be selected to proceed. After second interview, was offered job position. Very friendly. Very professional. Very interested in helping me to feel comfortable.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No real negotiation. I was happy with their original job offer.

School of Medicine Administration Interview

Anonymous Employee in Odessa, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (Odessa, TX).

Interview

The interview for the position at the Permian Basin was a little awkward. There was little structure to the interview, they stated they just wanted to talk and get to know me. This threw me off as I was ready for a typical structure of question and answers. When I gave answers with examples to past interactions with students, they seemed uninterested and dissatisfied with the way I was conversing. I got the job in the end, but the overall attitude of the hiring committee was a bit strange and to this day I have yet to figure out what they would consider a satisfactory interview.

Medical Research Technician III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (Lubbock, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview itself was pretty standard if not easy, the lady was very nice and appreciated questions from me. The problem was that after my interview in late August and a letter of offer shortly thereafter my first official day wasn't until the second week of October - I'm not sure if this was a systemic issue or one with the lab I applied to though.

Interview Questions

• How could I contribute to their lab and what do I see myself getting out of my time in their lab.   1 Answer

See What Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center Employees Are Saying

StarStarStarStarStar   Current Programmer Analyst III in Lubbock, TX

Pros: “Excellent work environment, good benefits, good work life balance”“Excellent work environment, good benefits, good work life balance” – Full Review