Thales Interview Questions in Canada | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 15, 2018

2.9

39 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

The interview process was very thorough in testing my knowledge. I went did a technical interview with senior developers and they would ask technical questions related to the job. The engineers that tested me were highly competent and inviting. I also got the feeling that they were also sizing how I would integrate with their team. Overall, it was one of the better interviews I've been to.

Interview Questions

• Afterwards, they provided me an exam that tested my knowledge of data structures and algorithms. This exam was pretty difficult and is not at all the simple; "for loop using recursion". I will not disclose the exact details but it was detailed a problem and with many possible solutions. Afterwards, the interview would sit down and rate how you did on the exam given the time frame.   Answer Question

Software Analyst Interview

Interview

Casual process. Just asked about past experiences and what you done in the past. two technical questions. One was to list the compile issues with a program printed on a paper and the other was to print a small program that does a calculation

Interview Questions

• Was given a printed out program and was instructed to find the 15 compile bugs somewhere in the code. Found about half.   Answer Question

IT Interview

Interview

First was a call from recruiter after 4 or 5 days after posting resume to position. On the morning of interview the interviewer was not there so I got another manager and IT manager to conduct. The IT manager was very friendly and even offered a coffee as it was a cold snowy day. Very laid back atmosphere. They said they had to review other applicants so my process ended there.

Machine Learning Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Thales in November 2017.

Interview

The Head of Resourcing in Canada contacted me and asked if I was interested in career opportunities in AI for Thales. The company was opening a lab in my city so I that it could be interesting to learn more. I answered and the recruiter asked for a phone number and availabilities for a call. I replied, followed-up once a week later, followed-up twice a week after that and I still have not gotten an answer. This type of flakiness did not give me a good impression...

Interview Questions

• What are your availabilities?   1 Answer

Validation and Verification Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Thales (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2009.

Interview

General question about you and what you want. No technical questions (not needed for this job). About 4 people interviewing.

Negotiation

No flexibility on salary really, very flexible on starting date.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Thales (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2015.

Interview

Very short (around 30 mins). Non-specific questions which did not pertain to the specific roll. It was difficult to get a good understanding of what my daily tasks would comprise of.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you encountered a difficult person. How did you react, what did you do to resolve the issue, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

IVVQ Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Thales (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2015.

Interview

The hiring manager I guess directly interview me without HR because I was hired as contractor employee. She asked my several questions about how to make test strategies and test plan. Those questions are easy if you real have related work experience.

Interview Questions

• Questions are focus on how to test skill and validation policies.
      Question: Do you describe your past test experience   1 Answer

Verification and Validation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Thales (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2008.

Interview

Tell me about the company.

Go through your resume

why choosing us.

Interview Questions

• they wanted to see how much knew on the product   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate being a new hire but yes you can negociate depending on your experience they will pay you 3 to 4 K more

Software Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thales (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied for the role of Software Analyst at their Vancouver office. In total there was one phone interview and one in person interview. The questions ranged from easy to average. The both interviews had people from Toronto (HQ) phoning in. The recruiters were not very professional and sometimes rude.

Uncompetitive salary (offer:70k asking:80k), conservative office

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Thales (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview was very simple. Went through resume and talked about past projects/experience. Very friendly. Talked about what would be done on the job and asked if comfortable with learning AutoCAD/Solidworks. Very simple questions (i.e. "what is a constructor?", "what is function/operator overloading?"). Position involves C++ and object oriented programming.

Interview Questions

• What is a constructor?
      What is function/operator overloading?   Answer Question