Thales Interview Questions in Canada | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 16, 2017

2.9

35 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

IVV Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Thales (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

30 minutes interview. half behavioural half testing your ability to solve logic circuits. Behavioural questions are about teamwork, but you won't really use teamwork there unfortunately. two persons are involved in the interview process so no need to stress. All of it happened in french

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with conflicts?   1 Answer

Scheduler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Markham, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Thales (Markham, ON (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

They came across my LinkedIn profile and left a message asked me if I am interested in project planner role, if so, they asked me to email back the updated resume and contact info. They responded me to arrange a phone interview.

IT Systems Analyst - Intermediate Interview

Anonymous Employee in North York, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Thales (North York, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Some technical questions, along with questions about past experience. Interviewer asked some technical questions pertaining to the technologies I would be exposed to in the job role.

Wanted to know where I saw myself in a few years, how I deal with stress, work ethic, industry interests, etc.

Interview Questions

• What were your daily job functions at your previous job?   Answer Question

Systems Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Thales (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2015.

Interview

There was a mass hiring at Ryerson University were a lot of staffing agencies were preparing the candidates on specific interview times and every 15 or so minutes about 8 candidates would go in and interview with a a panel of 1 HR person and 1 supervisor to the role being hired.

Software Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Thales (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

The interviewers are really friendly and nice. I was called after I submitted my resume at a job fair. Got a call from them 2 weeks after asking for my transcript. The interview was not hard, i went through my past work experience and projects. Overall this interview was really enjoyable

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Thales (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview was very simple. Went through resume and talked about past projects/experience. Very friendly. Talked about what would be done on the job and asked if comfortable with learning AutoCAD/Solidworks. Very simple questions (i.e. "what is a constructor?", "what is function/operator overloading?"). Position involves C++ and object oriented programming.

Interview Questions

• What is a constructor?
      What is function/operator overloading?   Answer Question

Senior Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Thales (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in April 2013.

Interview

Met with HR, Department Manager, Technical writer team lead. The HR review happened first, then the departmental interview. At first I was told it was a full-time position, but then told it was a contract position that might become full time (which it did).

Interview Questions

• Q. Could you write a manual from specifications only during technical development?   1 Answer

Engineering Role Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Thales in October 2016.

Interview

A few delays and phone calls until the actual first chat over the phone, then the interview with the manager on site.
    Human Resources Rep. arranged the second interview with Sr.Eng., going over some general technical aspects found in the resume

IT Interview

Interview

First was a call from recruiter after 4 or 5 days after posting resume to position. On the morning of interview the interviewer was not there so I got another manager and IT manager to conduct. The IT manager was very friendly and even offered a coffee as it was a cold snowy day. Very laid back atmosphere. They said they had to review other applicants so my process ended there.

Engineer - RAMS Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Thales (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Basic phone interview
    In person interview which goes in depth to your studies and background. Many questions about previous workplaces. Interview was more of a conversation rather than a question answer talk, which I really liked. Management is very professional and respectful. HIGHLY RECOMMEND.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations for interns, very competitive salary package nonetheless