Thales Interview Questions in Canada | Glassdoor

Thales Interview Questions in Canada

Updated Feb 28, 2017

Software Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Thales (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

The interviewers are really friendly and nice. I was called after I submitted my resume at a job fair. Got a call from them 2 weeks after asking for my transcript. The interview was not hard, i went through my past work experience and projects. Overall this interview was really enjoyable

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Thales (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview was very simple. Went through resume and talked about past projects/experience. Very friendly. Talked about what would be done on the job and asked if comfortable with learning AutoCAD/Solidworks. Very simple questions (i.e. "what is a constructor?", "what is function/operator overloading?"). Position involves C++ and object oriented programming.

Interview Questions

• What is a constructor?
      What is function/operator overloading?
      Answer Question

Senior Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Thales (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in April 2013.

Interview

Met with HR, Department Manager, Technical writer team lead. The HR review happened first, then the departmental interview. At first I was told it was a full-time position, but then told it was a contract position that might become full time (which it did).

Interview Questions

• Q. Could you write a manual from specifications only during technical development?   1 Answer

Engineering Role Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Thales in October 2016.

Interview

A few delays and phone calls until the actual first chat over the phone, then the interview with the manager on site.
    Human Resources Rep. arranged the second interview with Sr.Eng., going over some general technical aspects found in the resume

IT Interview

Interview

First was a call from recruiter after 4 or 5 days after posting resume to position. On the morning of interview the interviewer was not there so I got another manager and IT manager to conduct. The IT manager was very friendly and even offered a coffee as it was a cold snowy day. Very laid back atmosphere. They said they had to review other applicants so my process ended there.

Engineer - RAMS Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Thales (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Basic phone interview
    In person interview which goes in depth to your studies and background. Many questions about previous workplaces. Interview was more of a conversation rather than a question answer talk, which I really liked. Management is very professional and respectful. HIGHLY RECOMMEND.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations for interns, very competitive salary package nonetheless

Senior Software Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Thales (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

2:1 Technical interview for a few pages of C++ questions, about 1 hour, mostly read some codes and point out the problem, fast memory allocation method, virtual function, traverse tree without recursion

Ingenierie des systèmes avioniques Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Thales (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in December 2013.

Interview

Offre d'emploi affiché sur le site des stages de l'école, entretien chez l'employeur, puis embauche.
    Au cours de l'entretien, j'étais face à deux inteviewers qui m'ont posé des questions sur mon cursus académiques, mes résultats scolaires et mes anciennes expériences professionnelles. J'ai eu une étude de cas à laquelle je devrais démontrer de facon théorique le contenu de mes réponses

Interview Questions

• Comment concevez vous un contrôleur PID   1 Answer

Negotiation

Ils devraient être très bien préparé face aux entrevues dans cette compagnie.Ils doivent être habil à utiliser le logiciel Matlab et excel.Ils doivent démontré et de la motivation face à leurs charges de travail

Software Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thales (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied for the role of Software Analyst at their Vancouver office. In total there was one phone interview and one in person interview. The questions ranged from easy to average. The both interviews had people from Toronto (HQ) phoning in. The recruiters were not very professional and sometimes rude.

Uncompetitive salary (offer:70k asking:80k), conservative office

Network Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thales (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2015.

Interview

Below the process for Thales's interview:
    1.Telephone interview.
    2. meeting with the HR and Technical interview as well.
    during the second step, you will be meeting with the HR and one of the manager team. first the HR is going to ask you general question and after that the manager is going to test your technical skills.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness?
      What is your greatest strength?
      What interests you about the company in particular?
      What interests you about the role you are applying to?
      Answer Question