Thales Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Thales

2.7

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Thales (Irvine, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Upon arriving, I was annoyed to find that my recruiter was late to the office. He had been flaky throughout the entire process. Also, I was informed the manager I was to interview with was late to my interview. I was given a tour of the office and the test labs where I saw the screens that go on the airplane(s). We ended up coming back to the manager's office where he asked me several questions pertaining to my background and role.

Interview Questions

• Have you had experience with TCP programming etc.   1 Answer

Line Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Thales (Miami, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

Interview process was short and sweet. Very little professionalism but was able to click with the manager initially. Was given false information about the company and how it would be working with them. Got my hopes up and i have not received what was promised.

Interview Questions

• What Do i know about the company?
      Where am i from?
      How long i've been working?
      Any military experience?   1 Answer

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Thales (Melbourne, FL) in September 2015.

Interview

Some interviewers were friendly. Some interviewers came across as "know-it-alls". Did not get an offer for the position, but was never told why. It looks like that project works 45+ hours a week and their salary range was significantly lower than market.

Line Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Thales (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Very straightforward I applied online at 630 am monday got a call at 930 am did a phone interview got a call Wednesday to come in Thursday for an interview too a basic test I needed an 80 I got 74 but the guy was like it's cool we will still do the interview did it and he said they will get back to 2 me the next week on Thursday I got a call offering me the job

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us   1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Thales (Irvine, CA).

Interview

HR takes forever. there were a few managers asking questions and writing down answers. pretty standard questions; what kind of PM are you? tell about a time where you had conflict, what are the best qualities of a PM. what are your strengths weaknesses. there are 3 or 4 buldings and there was confusion as to which one i had to be at for the interview. HR rep had to figure it out last minute. place looks nice, and was quite diverse. HR is not very good at negotiating, i got a good offer, higher than most companeis and accepted. it was good.

Interview Questions

• what kind of PM are you? tell about a time where you had conflict, what are the best qualities of a PM? what are your stengths weaknesses   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thales (Irvine, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

I was notified of this job through a friend of mine and I applied through HR. The process took about two weeks. The hiring manager set me up with an interview with one of the software engineers. I was asked questions about Java/C++ and mostly job experience questions. I was notified in less than a week about the job.

Interview Questions

• What the three main differences between C++ and Java are, and which one is better.   Answer Question

Program Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Thales (Irvine, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

HR will take you around to perform some tasks, and see how well you work together in a group with others. They want to see what you know but mainly want to see how well you work together as part of a team to accomplish a task.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Thales (Irvine, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I sat down with the supervisor and the person I talked with at the career fair. The interview questions mostly quizzed on general CS knowledge, specific courses taken at university, my preferences for development languages and workplace environment, and how I would go about solving specific engineering problems. The interviewers were friendly and accommodating and the questions asked were reasonable to test knowledge without being "gotcha" questions.

Interview Questions

• Using shell commands, how would you find a person's name from a database and store that in a text file?   Answer Question

Principal Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thales (Irvine, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Interview with the hiring manager was arranged by an internal recruiter, on short notice, with the main objective to evaluate specific needs for the position. I received a call at the exact time scheduled, the hiring manager was very professional and polite. I enjoyed talking to him for around 50 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Mostly about my resume and current job experience, but also about what I new about Thales. Nothing tricky or unexpected.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Thales (Irvine, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiter. Got a response back a couple weeks later. Interview mostly consisted of your interests and what motivates you. Some very basic technical questions followed by a group activity where you figure out a problem with the other intern candidates and then present your solution. Got an offer almost a month later.

Interview Questions

• You are given 30 minutes to give a short presentation of yourself. Additionally answered some basic linux questions.   Answer Question