Thales Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 27, 2017

3.2

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Thales (Irvine, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I sat down with the supervisor and the person I talked with at the career fair. The interview questions mostly quizzed on general CS knowledge, specific courses taken at university, my preferences for development languages and workplace environment, and how I would go about solving specific engineering problems. The interviewers were friendly and accommodating and the questions asked were reasonable to test knowledge without being "gotcha" questions.

Interview Questions

• Using shell commands, how would you find a person's name from a database and store that in a text file?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Thales

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Thales (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview was very simple. Went through resume and talked about past projects/experience. Very friendly. Talked about what would be done on the job and asked if comfortable with learning AutoCAD/Solidworks. Very simple questions (i.e. "what is a constructor?", "what is function/operator overloading?"). Position involves C++ and object oriented programming.

Interview Questions

• What is a constructor?
      What is function/operator overloading?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Thales (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in June 2014.

Interview

interviewed with many people in the office and as well as people in remote office.
    asked technical questions for C++ and general programming knowledge. They also asked how fast I can learn. Waited a few weeks and HR emailed me that I am not selected. Was a good interview process though.

Interview Questions

• Explain the differences between std::vector and std::list. When each of them can be used more effectively.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Thales (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2013.

Interview

First Interview - very nice and decent about your work experience and personality.
    Little talk about way you code and how to handle projects.

Second interview - full on technical interview two expert from Thales will come to interview ONLY PREPARE FOR TECHNICAL. there will no other questions

Interview Questions

• ALL QUESTIONS were most difficult and unexpected. They are quite not sure about how to prepare interview questions they will be same if you are experienced junior or intermediate. They want everyone to know all stuff in depth. IF you successfully answer one question another question in depth of that will be ready until you give up. 50% questions will be out of requirements. not sure what they want out of candidate but they want candidate to know everything.   1 Answer