Thales Interview Questions in Toronto, ON | Glassdoor

2.9

24 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thales (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2017.

Interview

First phone call by HR. One Week later, Second receive a 2 hours testing and behavior questions. Third, meet with team and manager, including technical questions and behavior questions.(It takes hour an hour)

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Thales (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview was very simple. Went through resume and talked about past projects/experience. Very friendly. Talked about what would be done on the job and asked if comfortable with learning AutoCAD/Solidworks. Very simple questions (i.e. "what is a constructor?", "what is function/operator overloading?"). Position involves C++ and object oriented programming.

Interview Questions

• What is a constructor?
      What is function/operator overloading?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Thales (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

The interviewers are really friendly and nice. I was called after I submitted my resume at a job fair. Got a call from them 2 weeks after asking for my transcript. The interview was not hard, i went through my past work experience and projects. Overall this interview was really enjoyable

Engineer - RAMS Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Thales (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Basic phone interview
    In person interview which goes in depth to your studies and background. Many questions about previous workplaces. Interview was more of a conversation rather than a question answer talk, which I really liked. Management is very professional and respectful. HIGHLY RECOMMEND.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations for interns, very competitive salary package nonetheless

Senior Software Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Thales (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

2:1 Technical interview for a few pages of C++ questions, about 1 hour, mostly read some codes and point out the problem, fast memory allocation method, virtual function, traverse tree without recursion

IVVQ Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Thales (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2015.

Interview

The hiring manager I guess directly interview me without HR because I was hired as contractor employee. She asked my several questions about how to make test strategies and test plan. Those questions are easy if you real have related work experience.

Interview Questions

• Questions are focus on how to test skill and validation policies.
      Question: Do you describe your past test experience   1 Answer

Software Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Thales (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied as a new grad online through their career website. Was contacted by phone to schedule an interview approx. 2-3 weeks after applying. Interviewed by 3 managers and the HR rep who is in contact with you. 1 of the managers seemed really enthusiastic and asked questions about your resume/relevant projects, while the other two seemed distant. The HR rep asks some pretty basic behavioral questions and the managers gave some technical questions on a printed paper.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral: Give an example of when you worked with a team and had conflict. Tell us what you know about the company. What are some of your strengths and weaknesses.

Technical: Probably some tricky embedded C programming questions pulled from the web. Also some really bad control systems questions (i.e. What is a control system?)   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Thales (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2015.

Interview

first interview with HR they will ask you general behavior questions. such as
    1. Tell me about yourself
    2. why are you applying to this job
    3. do you know anything about our company
    4. strength and weakness
    5. etc...

Technical questions:
    1. they give you piece of code and you need to figure out the output
    2. They give you piece of code and ask you 6 questions about the code. such as will it compile, what's missing in the code, etc...
    3. object oriented design.

Interview Questions

• General behavioral questions and some technical questions about programming.   1 Answer

Systems Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Thales (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2015.

Interview

There was a mass hiring at Ryerson University were a lot of staffing agencies were preparing the candidates on specific interview times and every 15 or so minutes about 8 candidates would go in and interview with a a panel of 1 HR person and 1 supervisor to the role being hired.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Thales (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

Two interviews, one with the direct manager and the other with the director. Typical questions about experience history and work related examples. I got the interview through a hiring agency that conducted phone screening. there were many candidates in the interview. the position is a six month contract.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions about experience history and work related examples   1 Answer