Thales Interview Questions in Toronto, ON | Glassdoor

Thales Interview Questions in Toronto, ON

3.4

Senior Software Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Thales (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

2:1 Technical interview for a few pages of C++ questions, about 1 hour, mostly read some codes and point out the problem, fast memory allocation method, virtual function, traverse tree without recursion

Software Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Thales (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied as a new grad online through their career website. Was contacted by phone to schedule an interview approx. 2-3 weeks after applying. Interviewed by 3 managers and the HR rep who is in contact with you. 1 of the managers seemed really enthusiastic and asked questions about your resume/relevant projects, while the other two seemed distant. The HR rep asks some pretty basic behavioral questions and the managers gave some technical questions on a printed paper.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral: Give an example of when you worked with a team and had conflict. Tell us what you know about the company. What are some of your strengths and weaknesses.

Technical: Probably some tricky embedded C programming questions pulled from the web. Also some really bad control systems questions (i.e. What is a control system?)
      1 Answer

Verification and Validation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Thales (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2015.

Interview

Was referred by their current employee. Got a phone call from hr associate calling in for walkin interview. Then same hr send me an email with details of walk in interview. Went for interview in the beginning there was no hr. First technical round then some other hr joined. Some random person not referred in email. Interview seemed to go well. Was told that they will let me know in a week. After a week followed up with hr who sent email in beginning. No reply for another week. I find their process is very unprofessional. They already have candidate in mind whome they want to hire but still call others. There should be phone screening and then only call the candidate for walkin interview. Wastage of time.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle difficult situation   1 Answer

Procurement Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thales (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online, and got a call ~ two weeks later. This was to set up the interview. Introduction Interview with HR on the phone. HR person had general question and introduced the company. Then a 2nd interview was set up a week later. It was pulled in by 4 days. I went to the office and was taken to the interview area. The 2nd interview was with the hiring managers. There were two managers and HR in the room. Went over interview questions, and then described the job and what you would be doing. Then there was time for me to ask questions and i did ask 3 questions for which i got answers. Then we said our good byes and HR escorted me out.

Interview Questions

• Mostly questions about the resume and what i did.
      1 - Describe some skills you didn't have an needed to learn in your last position
      2 - How do you handle pressure, and days where things are not moving
      3 - How many projects have you worked on simultaneously
      4 - What technical challenges did you face in your last position
      5 - What are some of your weaknesses
      Answer Question

Network Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thales (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2015.

Interview

Below the process for Thales's interview:
    1.Telephone interview.
    2. meeting with the HR and Technical interview as well.
    during the second step, you will be meeting with the HR and one of the manager team. first the HR is going to ask you general question and after that the manager is going to test your technical skills.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness?
      What is your greatest strength?
      What interests you about the company in particular?
      What interests you about the role you are applying to?
      Answer Question

Software Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Thales (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2014.

Interview

1. Phone Call
    2. HR Interview
    3. 2 hour Technical Interviews

I advice you to be prepared for lost of questions from STL- Know how to work with linked list and string from STL. More function you know from STL, writing a program, and developing an algorithm would be easier! For example: Inserting a node, removing a node, copy str, length of string, swap string,...! It would be great if you know about Rail Signaling basics, and what's the difference between automatic and the traditional ones! Review the very basic formulas about Feedback in linear control systems (stable systems, and unstable systems). Their system is based on communication protocols, you shouldn't be surprised if they ask you about WiFi and networking protocols.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thales (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2014.

Interview

1. HR interview
    2. Interview with different project managers to see which project was the best fit for me
    3.Technical interview

Interview Questions

• Questions about queues, heaps, arrays, algorithms...   1 Answer

IFE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Thales (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2014.

Interview

Initial contact by email then we agree on date and time for a phone interview then there was a second phone interview then we agree in person interview with department manager and hr

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Thales (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2013.

Interview

First Interview - very nice and decent about your work experience and personality.
    Little talk about way you code and how to handle projects.

Second interview - full on technical interview two expert from Thales will come to interview ONLY PREPARE FOR TECHNICAL. there will no other questions

Interview Questions

• ALL QUESTIONS were most difficult and unexpected. They are quite not sure about how to prepare interview questions they will be same if you are experienced junior or intermediate. They want everyone to know all stuff in depth. IF you successfully answer one question another question in depth of that will be ready until you give up. 50% questions will be out of requirements. not sure what they want out of candidate but they want candidate to know everything.   1 Answer