Thales Interview Questions in Toronto, ON | Glassdoor

Thales Interview Questions in Toronto, ON

Updated Sep 11, 2016

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Thales (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2015.

Interview

Very short (around 30 mins). Non-specific questions which did not pertain to the specific roll. It was difficult to get a good understanding of what my daily tasks would comprise of.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you encountered a difficult person. How did you react, what did you do to resolve the issue, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

IVVQ Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Thales (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2015.

Interview

The hiring manager I guess directly interview me without HR because I was hired as contractor employee. She asked my several questions about how to make test strategies and test plan. Those questions are easy if you real have related work experience.

Interview Questions

• Questions are focus on how to test skill and validation policies.
      Question: Do you describe your past test experience
      1 Answer

IFE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Thales (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2014.

Interview

Initial contact by email then we agree on date and time for a phone interview then there was a second phone interview then we agree in person interview with department manager and hr

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Thales (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2010.

Interview

I met the manager at Job fair and have been called for interview by HR. I met a HR manager and the Hiring manager together. Few technical questions have been asked. When they called me they asked to send my expected salary for contract and for full time employee.

Interview Questions

• They asked me if I want to be under contract or full time employee. I said both work for me. When the called me for contract and just told me the salary. They did not give a chance for negotiation or discussing about it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Thales (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2014.

Interview

1. Phone Call
    2. HR Interview
    3. 2 hour Technical Interviews

I advice you to be prepared for lost of questions from STL- Know how to work with linked list and string from STL. More function you know from STL, writing a program, and developing an algorithm would be easier! For example: Inserting a node, removing a node, copy str, length of string, swap string,...! It would be great if you know about Rail Signaling basics, and what's the difference between automatic and the traditional ones! Review the very basic formulas about Feedback in linear control systems (stable systems, and unstable systems). Their system is based on communication protocols, you shouldn't be surprised if they ask you about WiFi and networking protocols.

Procurement Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thales (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online, and got a call ~ two weeks later. This was to set up the interview. Introduction Interview with HR on the phone. HR person had general question and introduced the company. Then a 2nd interview was set up a week later. It was pulled in by 4 days. I went to the office and was taken to the interview area. The 2nd interview was with the hiring managers. There were two managers and HR in the room. Went over interview questions, and then described the job and what you would be doing. Then there was time for me to ask questions and i did ask 3 questions for which i got answers. Then we said our good byes and HR escorted me out.

Interview Questions

• Mostly questions about the resume and what i did.
      1 - Describe some skills you didn't have an needed to learn in your last position
      2 - How do you handle pressure, and days where things are not moving
      3 - How many projects have you worked on simultaneously
      4 - What technical challenges did you face in your last position
      5 - What are some of your weaknesses

Verification and Validation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Thales (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2015.

Interview

Was referred by their current employee. Got a phone call from hr associate calling in for walkin interview. Then same hr send me an email with details of walk in interview. Went for interview in the beginning there was no hr. First technical round then some other hr joined. Some random person not referred in email. Interview seemed to go well. Was told that they will let me know in a week. After a week followed up with hr who sent email in beginning. No reply for another week. I find their process is very unprofessional. They already have candidate in mind whome they want to hire but still call others. There should be phone screening and then only call the candidate for walkin interview. Wastage of time.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle difficult situation   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Thales (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2011.

Interview

Streight forward Technical and HR questions. The HR quesions are straight forward. Technical questions were about experience, projects worked on, technology used. Interviewedand started work in 2008.

It was a pleasant experience. 1 hour with HR on one day, then 1 hour with two team leads technical another day.

Interview Questions

• Past work experiance.
      Talked about previous projects, issues which were overcame.

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Thales (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2015.

Interview

first interview with HR they will ask you general behavior questions. such as
    1. Tell me about yourself
    2. why are you applying to this job
    3. do you know anything about our company
    4. strength and weakness
    5. etc...

Technical questions:
    1. they give you piece of code and you need to figure out the output
    2. They give you piece of code and ask you 6 questions about the code. such as will it compile, what's missing in the code, etc...
    3. object oriented design.

Interview Questions

• General behavioral questions and some technical questions about programming.   1 Answer

Network Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thales (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2015.

Interview

Below the process for Thales's interview:
    1.Telephone interview.
    2. meeting with the HR and Technical interview as well.
    during the second step, you will be meeting with the HR and one of the manager team. first the HR is going to ask you general question and after that the manager is going to test your technical skills.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness?
      What is your greatest strength?
      What interests you about the company in particular?
      What interests you about the role you are applying to?