The Advisory Board Company Account Management Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Advisory Board Company Account Management Associate Interview Questions

2.6

27 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in August 2016.

Interview

Met with a series of managers and directors from various departments. 30-minute interviews with time to ask questions at the end. I had a very positive experience meeting with everyone, and felt that they did a wonderful job in answering any questions I had. I also had a chance to network in a more informal setting.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for The Advisory Board Company

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in February 2016.

Interview

They seemed to be looking for a specific personality and character fit for the associate role. The Advisory Board has a commitment to the culture and it's evident they only select candidates who fit that special mix of traits they want in their office.With a company this large it's hard to set the tone for they culture, but they've done a great job of setting the bar high and only hiring savvy young professionals.

Interview Questions

• Describe a meaningful interaction with an individual/client?   1 Answer

Account Management Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company in December 2015.

Interview

Phone interview, then in person interview.
    Phone interview is about half an hour. The interviewer asked me to walk through my resume, and asked for concrete examples for most things I had put on my resume.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume.
      Tell me about a concrete time you improved a process.
      Tell me about a time you had to achieve a concrete goal and how you did it.
      Tell me about a time you had a challenging conversation in customer service and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Account Management Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company.

Interview

Phone interview for about 25 minutes. Asked several of the questions previous reviewers have posted. Interviewer explained the phone interview process, then the next steps for the hiring process. Went over resume, asked basic interview questions. Much better if the interview ends up more like a conversation.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where you had to improve a process to make it more efficient.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied for the Account Management Associate role and then received an email from the hiring staff that they also wanted me to be considered for additional roles--wasn't very specific about what those roles would be though so there was little I could do to prepare for those additional interviews. My interview ended up being scheduled to be 5 hours long which is quite the marathon. The people I interviewed with were pleasant and asked pretty standard questions. Despite my lack of knowledge about the additional roles I found myself in the running for, they were very kind and helpful in explaining the roles specifically and what the expectations would be in each role/department. Luckily, my interview process was shortened by and hour and a half because my last two interviewers decided to combine their process to speak to me at the same time. I didn't end up getting the role I initially applied for, but did end up with a job!

Interview Questions

• Each role has one thing in common: a need for multi-tasking and time management, which means organization is key. What are some organization tips you use that you would share with anyone as the key to your success in this role?   1 Answer

Account Management Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company in August 2015.

Interview

Went through the first round of interviews, wasn't impressed with the position but thought it might be worth-while to gain interview experience. Was asked to come in for an in-person interview with six different people over the course of 5 hours and decided not to waste everyone's time for a position I wasn't planning on taking.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing that you would change about your undergraduate institution?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was emailed to set up a phone interview soon after. The interviewer was very nice and it lasted about half an hour. I did not end up continuing on in the process, but all of the interview questions I was asked I saw on here and helped me prepare better for the phone screen.

Account Management Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company.

Interview

The process took a few weeks, the first interview was a generic "tell me about yourself/tell me about a time when" interview ~30 minutes long with an associate from human resources. The second interview was another phone interview similar to the first but attempted to narrow down where I would best "fit" in the company. When the 3rd interview came around I was told that in order to proceed I had to come to the Washington office but that the company could not reimburse my travel expenses. This is a fact I wish I had known prior to spending two weeks of my time with the earlier interviews seeing as I am not in a position to travel on my own funds and I assumed a large company such as Advisory Board would be able to support these expenses.

Interview Questions

• If you could tell your university administrations office one thing they could fix or work on, what would it be and why?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had deal with conflict and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process was pretty bog standard. Began with a phone interview and then web conference. Then went in to the head office and interviewed with some employees there. Pretty relaxed one on one interviews. I believe a lot of the interview was focused on how you would fit at the Advisory Board, it is a very relationship-orientated company.

Account Management Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company.

Interview

I applied online and received an initial phone interview a few days later. The phone interview was pretty straight-forward - my suggestions for anyone else applying: know your background and what you learned or gained from your previous experiences forwards and backwards. I was offered the option to apply for another position as well when I came in for a round of in-person interviews. I had 7 interviews in one day, back to back, across a variety of departments. As with the phone interview, it's vital to be able to speak to what you have done in your past, both in college and professionally. The day is long, so treat it that way - get up early, eat breakfast, drink coffee if that's your thing, and come prepared - notepad, suit, and thank you notes at the ready. I was asked about how my previous positions - which have been a hodgepodge of jobs across a variety of disciplines - applied to the role I was applying for, how I organized myself and project managed, and where I saw myself in the future. Be honest. Be direct. And ask questions. I received very positive feedback for emphasizing that I wanted to grow professionally and for asking if there was any weakness in my background that I might need to work around to be a strong employee. All in all, a great (and very tiring) experience. Lasted about two weeks. I received and accepted my offer the same day that I interviewed in-office.