The Advisory Board Company Account Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Advisory Board Company Account Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jan 2, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in November 2016.

Interview

I had a phone screen, two phone interviews, then I was flown to DC for an in person interview. The in person included a presentation, a writing exercise, and 30 minute interviews with 5 different people that I would be working directly with. The interviews were relatively easy, just your basic behavioral questions and them getting a feel if you would fit in with their team. Slightly intimidating going into it knowing everything that would be done that day. But they tell you in advance via email what to expect.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you XYZ?
    What is your leadership style?
    Why ABC?
    Why this position?
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Advisory Board Company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in May 2015.

Interview

My first step was a call with someone from HR to review the positions and see if there were any other roles available that might be a good fit. From there, I had two Skype interviews for two different roles. The next step would have been to travel to the office for a series of in-person interviews, but I was not chosen to advance

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in August 2014.

Interview

Was referred by a current employee, not sure if that sped up the process or not... I received an email about a week after sending in my resume asking to set up an interview over Skype/Facetime/etc. The interview was a week later and ended up being a phone interview due to "technical problems". The questions were very standard, "why did you choose the school you went to", "how do you stay organized", "what are your career goals", etc, etc.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions, just be prepared to explain how your previous experience can contribute to the position.   Answer Question

Application

Interview

First, a phone interview. A very basic call, perhaps 30 minutes asking some basic vetting questions about my background and resume as well as discussing the position. Then five interview sessions were set up with five different people at varying levels of the company. Each interview was about 30 minutes and grand total, took about 5 hours (with time in between interviews and lunch).

Interview Questions

• 1.) How would you handle a situation in which your instructions from your manager were unclear, but you need to get back to the client as soon as possible?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in August 2012.

Interview

Applied online and heard back within the next day to schedule a phone interview. I got that over with pretty quickly, and my lady asked pretty standard questions, she was pretty young herself. I didn't feel like I did particularly well, I was a bit rusty, but I still was invited back for an in-person interview.

That interview was with 2 people who basically asked the same questions and I never really got the feeling like they were really interested. It seemed like they were just going through the questions, but they weren't really engaged. Questions were easy and similar to the phone interview. That lasted only 20 minutes or so, and that was it.
    Few days later I got a rejection email.

Interview Questions

• Very easy, was just going through my resume, asking basic questions.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (London, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

I started with a Skype interview with HR in US ( 1 hour) , the 2 in person interviews in London Office with Manager and Account Manager that I will replace. Then another phone call with VIP in US. the entire process took more than one month.

Interview Questions

• Why AB? explain a situation where you have faced difficult clients, previous experience, Quality/defautls   Answer Question