The Advisory Board Company Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Advisory Board Company Associate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 16, 2017

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Associate Interview

Application

I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company in August 2017.

Interview

I applied to a different position but they wanted me to interview for their Sales Associate role as well based on my past work experiences, but then at the end I was told I wasn't fit for that role (which is why I didn't apply to it in the first place.) That was a little frustrating but overall the interview process was not too difficult and I really enjoyed the people I talked to. They ask a lot of behavioral type questions and I got the feeling they were looking for specific types of answers.

Interview Questions

• What's one thing you think you'll excel at with this job and one thing you'll need to work on?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Advisory Board Company

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company in March 2016.

Interview

It was relatively easy, just a phone interview, though the interviewer seemed incredibly disinterested. I tried to give additional details as to why I felt I was a good position but she seemed more interested in just getting through the interview instead of listening.

Interview Questions

• Why did you select your university?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in September 2015.

Interview

You undergo a phone interview first, then, if accepted onto the next round, you'll go on-site for an in-person interview (usually with 2 or more members of the team you are applying for).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in February 2015.

Interview

Brief phone call. It was quite difficult to hear the recruiters questions because she was whispering at her desk. I didn't like the fact that I had to keep requesting her to repeat the question, bc it threw me off from answering the question correctly.
    The questions were not difficult; 20 minute conversation. She was willing to provide a lot of information about the role and the steps taken after the phone screening. Response was given 2.5 weeks later.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company in June 2014.

Interview

Applied online, and received an email to schedule an initial phone interview. Phone interview happened roughly 10 days later, and then was told I would hear back in the following week to see if I was or was not chosen for an on-site interview. I received a second email exactly 2 weeks later requesting a second interview in their DC offices with a chance to meet their team. Unfortunately, I got an email less than a week prior to my in person interviews that my interviews had been cancelled and the position had already been filled. Very disappointed and surprised, as they did not even give me a chance to come in and let them know more about me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult "customer" and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in March 2013.

Interview

went through standard phone interview and then came in for a second round of interviews in DC and the next day got called back for a writing exercise and to meet a few more people. The questions were pretty standard interview questions, nothing that you can't prepare for but you should prepare. All friendly and warm people and they were excited about what they do and answering questions that you had about the company.

Interview Questions

• How do you prioritize situations if you are given more than one thing that is important at once?   Answer Question

I had another job offer that had a significant increase in salary and benefits but would have gladly accepted a position here.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in January 2013.

Interview

Interviewer asked me the routine questions about my past experiences and how they relate to the company. I felt that they were looking for someone more research oriented than anything else. I thought it went well and was even expecting a second interview. I didn't receive a response to my follow-up email or any communication until the automated generic rejection email was sent to me over 3 months after my interview. Incredibly unprofessional.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in November 2010.

Interview

The office is nice and is in a great location - near Georgetown, West End and Dupont Circle.
    Friendly and welcoming staff that all appear very young.
    Promise of advancement based on merit and performance rather than length of employment.
    Regardless of the position you apply for, you are considered for other open opportunities.
    Each interview (you'll likely have many in one day) is about 1/2 hour.

Interview Questions

• What aspect of your current job is the most difficult for you to manage, and causes the most frustration?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in October 2010.

Interview

The interviewer didn't even ask that many questions. It was all background and even though I knew how to do a lot of the things she wanted experience in, she didn't seem to care. It was generally easy but other than asking me if I knew a few computer applications, there wasn't much more of a job description.

Interview Questions

• What was the hardest task you ever had to complete?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in June 2010.

Interview

Phone interview round and then in person with current eployees