The Advisory Board Company Business ANALYST Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Advisory Board Company Business ANALYST Interview Questions

Updated Apr 2, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online through an internal employee referral. The entire interview process took two weeks.

A member of their Career Management Team reached out a few days after I applied for a position through their application portal, and a phone screen was arranged for the following week. The phone screen consisted of mainly behavioral questions, and the person interviewing me probed a couple of items on resume. My second round phone interview was scheduled a few days after the initial phone screen, this time with a member of the team that I was interviewing for. I was asked to do an Excel assessment before the second-round interview, which I did under a set time period the day before the interview itself. The questions that were asked during the second round phone interview were mainly behavioral and skills-based.

I was then invited to an third round in-person interview the following week at their DC office; this consisted of two one-hour interviews. The first interview was part behavioral, but mostly a technical/skills-based interview. I was quizzed about my knowledge of data files and data structures via a theoretical scenario. The second interview was with the head of the team that I was interviewing for the position with, and that consisted of behavioral questions followed by a case-style interview.

While I am disappointed that I did not receive an offer, the entire interview process was smooth the entire way, and I had a very positive experience every step of the way. The Career Management team was always in touch with me and and were very transparent about where I was in the interviewing process. And most surprisingly, among all interviews I've done with multiple organizations, this was a very expeditious process I've been in from start to finish. I am very impressed by how this was all handled (even if the outcome wasn't what I wanted), and I look forward to future opportunities with them in the near future!

P.S. Looking over the reviews of interviews from both successful and unsuccessful applicants here on Glassdoor has helped prepare me for what to expect during the interview process at The Advisory Board Company. This definitely helped me out a lot as it provided me insight to things I might not have expected or thought of in the first place, and I encourage anyone to do the same!

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working for The Advisory Group Company?   Answer Question
  • Why are you interested in working in healthcare consulting?   Answer Question
  • Please describe to me how you would describe the structure of SQL   Answer Question
  • Why did you choose to study these majors while in college?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Advisory Board Company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (New York, NY).

Interview

While the interview process was good and everyone I met with was very nice I felt that the company was putting me through a rigid bureaucratic hiring process. For example, for the second interview I asked the company if I could come into interview since I was local however they insisted I interview over skype. On the day of the interview the skype connection did not work and we had to resort to conducting the interview by phone. I thought it was a missed opportunity to make an in person connection with my interviewer and potential boss/colleague - a feeling that was shared by my interviewer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Austin, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Fairly laid back. The phone interview was quick, fairly standard questions like "Why do you want to work for us?" and "What do you like most about data?", etc. Nothing too hard. Felt somewhat like a conversation. The first interview was with one person, the second was with a peer on the team and was focused on technical questions, and the third and fourth were with panels.

Interview Questions

• What do you like most about data?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company in July 2016.

Interview

The first-round screening interview was short and relatively straightforward. The second-round interview, a one-on-one phone interview scheduled for one hour was an unpleasant experience. The company rescheduled at the morning of the interview and then the interviewer still called 40 minutes later than the rescheduled time. The behavioral and informational portion of the interview was compressed to about five minutes and the number of cases was cut from two to one and compressed in time as well. Coupled with the experience of another friend who received a rejection email seven minutes into her interview with ABC, I was left with a poor picture of the hiring process for what I otherwise understand to be a genuinely great company to work for.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company in July 2016.

Interview

Phone screen with rh, phone interview with director, in person interview at site. They told me at the end of the interview that I'd be interviewing again/got the job. Rh - general behavior questions. Director - resume questions and technical

Interview Questions

• General behavioral questions, technical questions, resume.   Answer Question

Got a better offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in July 2016.

Interview

ABC has a very lengthy interview process and mine lasted for almost 3 to 4 months. The initial interview is with someone from the HR department. Its a pretty short and generic interview with HR mostly talking to you about the company and other administrative stuff. After that I had a phone interview with someone from the team followed by 2 in person interviews at the facility. The in person interviews are with 2 or more interviewers that interview the candidate individually so expect to spend about 2 hours for each in person interview. After each interview the HR will get back to you with any further response after 2 to 3 weeks which makes the overall interview process really lengthy. My overall experience was average. While some interviews went very smooth based on the questions asked others were not as good. Keep in mind it is crucial to impress all the interviewers as the decision on who to employ is a joint decision by the entire team.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company in April 2016.

Interview

A quick 15 minutes telephonic interview discussing the resume. The interviewer was interested in knowing about project management experience. The interview wasnt that difficult. The interview was sweet enough to give a feedback about my performance

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company in March 2016.

Interview

I applied through campus recruiting and was contacted about a week after submitting my resume. I was scheduled a behavioral phone interview, which went well at the beginning, but did not end so well. I received a rejection letter about a week later on a Sunday morning.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in September 2015.

Interview

Brief phone screen, and then a Preview Day at their location. Everyone was friendly, both the interview cases were reasonable and not too quantitative. They were more interested in the questions you had. Two hour-long cases with two people, but they each asked personal questions for about twenty minutes, so the hour went by rather quickly.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Austin, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

HR round-preliminary SQL question, technical round- resume and SQL again. Onsite interview - 4 panels.. 3:1 and 3 1:1. SQL, brainteasers, project management and client management related questions.

Joins, group by, schema creation, normalization, all basic queries. SQL everything !,
    How do you negotiate?
    how can you improve process?. board and a marker and you have to write everything, They are very casual and conversational. Overall positive and a well conducted interview. The management is very organized.