The Advisory Board Company Consultant Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

The Advisory Board Company Consultant Interview Questions in Washington, DC

Updated Dec 14, 2016

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in December 2016.

Interview

I simply had the first telephone interview. I had received an internal referral and the company actually matched me with the Consultant role. After that referral I was contacted after 3 days to schedule a general conversation style phone interview. The emails were professional and to the point. They also gave me a link to follow and read up about the Consultant position. The interviewer called me at the proposed time and went through very basic questions which lasted maybe 25 minutes. After that she said she'd present my profile to the hiring managers on the teams with open positions and they would get back to me. Since I said I was open to other positions than Consultant, she said I'd have good chances since I have several years of experience in healthcare management and higher education. My friend in the company said they really try to find the right fit for you so don't apply to several jobs on the site if you get the phone interview. HR reiterated this. I didn't even get an in-person interview despite it having gone very well over phone, and despite my internal referral. I'm disappointed.

Interview Questions

• I have your resume here in front of me but I'd like you to present your background for me in your own words.   1 Answer
  • Are you willing to consider other positions and where do you see yourself developing in the Advisory Bard Company?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Advisory Board Company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC).

Interview

I submitted my resume (no cover letter) and received an email the next day for a phone interview. I had a very positive interview with the recruiter and was convinced that I would progress to the next round. A week after, they sent an email that they would no longer offer me a position at the firm. Very weird. I sent an email asking why and no response...

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose your college major? What do you do in your current position? Why ABC?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in August 2016.

Interview

This was probably one of the most colossal wastes of times in any job search I have attempted. The recruiter at Clinovations missed our phone interview twice. I finally connected, while she was at Starbucks and had me call her because she didn't have my number on hand. She was to schedule a next phone interview with a manager but she went on vacation (during the times she asked for my availability) and I had to get the interview set up with another recruiter. After having a great conversation with the manager I was told that there were no positions that matched my skills and experiences, even though I applied for a specific position. I'm not sure if this is common practice but I probably would not apply with Clinovations ever again.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in September 2015.

Interview

Good experience.
    The recruiting team contacted 1 day after submitting resume. Responsible about questions and schedule an initial phone interview.
    Interviewer was very engaged in our conversation and knowledgable about the company. She called right on time, and seemed enthusiastic. Interview was supposed to run for 15 minutes and we ended up talking for 40 minutes. During a week, I was informed of following steps

Interview Questions

• Let's go over your resume....
      I was asked why of every single activity on my resume
      Answer Question

not interested in relocating

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC).

Interview

Had an inside referral. Questions were relatively difficult and situational, but nothing unexpected.

Interview Questions

• How do you plan to contribute to improvement in this organization?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was a new grad, so there was not much to negotiate! 30k is what I had to settle with.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in July 2013.

Interview

Had an internal referral, I was told they review the application and get back to you in two weeks if there's a fit. Had a phone interview with a recruiter who asked me some pretty standard behavioral questions: strengths/weaknesses, asked me to talk about what projects I worked on in my previous job, etc.

2+ weeks later, after emailing them to ask the status, they told me that they didn't have any openings to match my skills.

I found the interivew process a little strange. It seemed that they were completely uninterested in the fact that I was experienced, and seemed more like the interview was tailored towards their typical hire: someone right out of college. Which is fine, perhaps that's their target applicant. From all the reviews of this place, it's likely for the best.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in January 2013.

Interview

Three interviews. Fair and thorough. Do your homework!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in December 2011.

Interview

I first applied for a general Healthcare Consultant position, interviewed on the phone and about two weeks later got a rejection email. No problem with that! A couple of weeks after that was reached out by a recruiter and offered to interview on-site for a different position. The job description was great and I realized that I would be a good fit for the position. On the day of the interview I discovered that I was being interviewed for a position different from what the job description stated. I didn't get the offer. I don't begrudge them for that, but they could write the job description for the position the hiring manager wants to fill.

Interview Questions

• If I give you 100 pennies how would you allocate them between the following skills?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in May 2011.

Interview

initial phone interview w/ HR recruiter. in-person interview with two senior group members and one interview with the director of the group. case study exam (90 minutes, 1 question) to test business strategy skills

Interview Questions

• Describe how your educational background directly addresses the way we serve our clients?   Answer Question
    • (after the interviewer described a current consulting "product") Can you think of some ways we could apply this template to other areas of business?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in December 2010.

Interview

Two phone interviews, and then asked to fly out for a real interview. Phone interviews were about 30 minutes. Offered to proceed with an in-person interview but declined flying out, as it wasn't possible for me to relocate.