The Advisory Board Company Coordinator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Advisory Board Company Coordinator Interview Questions

Updated Feb 8, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Interview

I went through maybe 6-8 group or individual interviews with multiple departments, none of which for positions I actually applied for. Wasn't really given ample time to prepare for each department, since they weren't the positions I applied for. All the interviewers were really young - under 30. I had one or two second round interviews I think, but did not pass. Interviews were pretty standard.

Interview Questions

• If you could have changed one thing about the college you went to, what would you change? Tell us about your previous experiences/walk me through your resume. How do you work under stress? What do you do to stay organized?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Advisory Board Company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in October 2016.

Interview

Bait & switch- all the way. I applied for 4 different Entry-Level Coordinator positions at the ABC. I then read all the awful reviews on Glassdoor, but I tried to remain positive nonetheless.. out of desperation. Scheduling the initial phone interview wasn't bad and the interview itself was straight-forward (all the questions can be found on Glassdoor WoRd FoR WoRd!). We never discussed the positions I applied for, we only talked about some other position she thought I'd be a good match for as Senior Associate- a higher positions than the ones I applied for! I got an email back a couple days later that the recruiter enjoyed our conversation & they wanted to bring me in for a second interview in person. This is where things got flakey. I responded with my interview availability and didn't hear back for several days so I followed up. Since the days I had offered to come in had already passed she apologized and asked for my availability for the next week.. again, I responded with my availability. At this point I was trying to give the girl the benefit of the doubt because I was responsible for scheduling at my old job and I knew how interview availability on our end changed constantly & that's what she kept blaming it on. Also, when you're on the job hunt I realize that getting an interview is mostly your responsibility by following up constantly. Anyway, she never responded so I emailed again and suddenly the Senior Associate role has been scratched all together but they'd love for me to interview for two great Executive Assistant roles (lower than the positions I originally applied for). As far as I can tell, the positions listed on their website are always listed there to lure people in. I didn't mind that they wanted me to consider other positions because I'm definitely open to pursuing different things but they don't have their stuff together at all. There's no consistency and the communication is not good. It just makes me wonder how the company itself runs. I'm turning away while I still can- don't want to get caught in that web!

Interview Questions

• 1. What was your cumulative GPA?
      2. If there was one thing you could change at your university what would it be? Then, describe how you might solve this problem.
      3. How do you prioritize?
      1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in July 2016.

Interview

Had a phone interview with someone from HR first. She asked pretty basic questions about my resume and what I was looking for in a company. Then had another phone interview because they wanted me to interview for two coordinator positions within different departments. I was then asked to come in for an in person interview where I had three interviews with the technology department for that coordinator position and three interviews with the marketing team for that coordinator position. It was a lot of back-to-back talking about the same exact thing over and over. I was offered the job the following day and ended up feeling extremely pressured by the company.

Interview Questions

• If you had to change your manager's flight, organize a lunch and complete a client project, how would you go about completing all three tasks?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Austin, TX).

Interview

It started with an email a few days after I applied online. I originally applied for one position, but when they emailed me back they thought I would be a good fit for another position that had just opened up. I said I was interested in both and then we scheduled a phone interview a week later.

The phone interview was only for one of the position I was applying for, the only I originally applied for which I wasn't super upset about. The phone interview went well basic questions such as, how do you prioritize, what is your greatest accomplishment, what do you know about the company, etc. A few days later I was emailed back saying the phone interviewer enjoyed our conversation and they wanted to invite me to the office for a second interview.

The second interview (or interviews) was for both positions. They set up interviews with 6 different people from 11-2. It was a long day to say the least. While the interviews started off well, one interviewer was suppose to meet me at 12, but they failed to mention to me that they had rescheduled it to 12:30. She then seemed very uninterested and didn't really ask me many questions just random things such as what I liked to do in my free time. This interview was the shortest lasting only 15 minutes, if that. The next interview went fairly well, but we were interrupted by a phone call so we did not get to finish the interview.

The day after the interview, I sent a thank you email to all of the people I interviewed with as per usual, but did not receive a response. A week later, I sent a follow up email to the recruiter who had initially contacted me to see if a decision had been made, but no response. About two and a half weeks later I finally received an email from their Career Management department stating I had not been chosen for either position.

Interview Questions

• how do you prioritize, what is your greatest accomplishment, what do you know about the company   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in May 2016.

Interview

I received an email from a recruiter to set up a time for an interview. The phone interview was set up about a week later. The recruiter called very on time. The whole process was all very standard behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Q1: Tell me about yourself.
      Q2: Give me an example of a time when you had to deal with a difficult person.
      Q3: Example of staying organized.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC).

Interview

The interviewing alone was not bad, but I really didn't like the way I was continuously asked about other positions that I did not apply to or that were even similar to what I applied for. It felt like a bait and switch.
    I applied for a coordinating position and my first interview was done over the phone and was exactly 30 minutes long. The interviewer was friendly and the questions were pretty much what a person should expect. She asked me to run through my resume and experience, tell her about myself and then had a number of case questions. After some case questions she asked me if I would be interested in a sales position and I declined. The next day I received an email saying the phone interview went well and they would like to bring me in for further interviewing. The email also asked about more positions I may be interested in, two which I was and one I was not.
    The in person interviews were very similar to the one over the phone. I interviewed 5 times and was in the office for a few hours. The last interviewer asked me if I would be interested in another position that I had not applied for and I declined. I got the feeling the positions they were suggesting were commission based and that the hiring process wasn't genuine.
    About a week after the in person interviews I heard back via email that I was not being offered a position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you let something slip through the cracks and how you handled it.
      Tell me about a time you had to work with difficult people and how you handled it.
      What tools do you use for balancing multiple tasks.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in February 2016.

Interview

After the initial phone screening, I was asked to come into the office for a series of interviews. They had me interview with seven people, for three separate positions (essentially an entire afternoon of interviews).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in February 2016.

Interview

After applying online, I was contacted for an initial phone interview. After that, I was asked to come for an in-person interview, to interview for 3 different positions. I met with 3 different teams. On my way out, I was called to come back to another interview the same day with another team, for another position. About a week later I was asked to do a third round interview with the direct supervisor. Didn't hear until about 2-3 weeks later that no offer was made.

Also, just a random note, but everyone that interviewed me was very young.

Interview Questions

• If you could change one thing about your college/university what would it be? How do you stay organized? What are the qualities of a good boss? Other behavioral/situational questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in October 2015.

Interview

After the first initial phone interview with the recruiter, I interviewed in-person for three coordinator positions within different departments. After these interviews in Washington D.C., the HR recruiter contacted me about the following steps. I was offered one position but I declined due to my hesitation over the salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied on the ABC website and was immediately contacted by an internal talent and acquisition specialist. She asked fairly simple questions, most of them centered around my education and less about my professional experience. I than interviewed with two different department heads, who were both primarily interested in organization. There was an apparent disconnect between departments. Both interviewers asked almost identical questions. However the questions were relatively simple, if you check Glassdoor prior to your interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you stay organized?
      Give an example of a time when you made a mistake. How did you fix it?