The Advisory Board Company Dedicated Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 12, 2017

3.2

30 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Dedicated Advisor Interview

Interview

Very best disorganized hr process. Took 2-3 months of being passed along through multiple departments until settling on this position. Multiple interviews with no offer and no explanation of what could have been done better.

Interview Questions

• How would you respond to a client with an urgent request?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Advisory Board Company

Dedicated Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company.

Interview

I was a referral by a friend who currently works at the company. Was scheduled a phone interview for a position I didn't even apply for. The recruiter who interviewed me seemed pleasant on the phone however she informed me that this would take approximately 30 minutes. Which I found oddly short for an interview. Even if it was a screening. The questions that were asked were your basic "if this happened how would you handle it" questions used to gauge the type of person you were for problem solving and time management. Basic characteristics needed for a professional job. My main problem with this interview was that it was extremely in personable and I felt rushed the entire time. The girl started off pleasant but throughout she increasing became emphatic, as if she could not stand to be on the phone with me which I found extremely rude. After answering all the question I went over a couple minutes and she ended the phone call with the generic thank you we will follow up. Hangs up phone.

Interview Questions

• If you had multiple important deadlines coming up how would you prioritize them?   Answer Question

Dedicated Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company in June 2016.

Interview

Very Prompt to schedule the initial interview. Required some prompting after that. Maybe there weren't enough staff to follow up. Apply after September to be better prepared. Very cordial staff and very helpful.

Dedicated Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online and heard from an interview coordinator within a week. I scheduled a telephone interview later in the week. The Interview was behavioral interview and Glassdoor has pretty much all the questions they asked. I got a rejection email a week later. From my research, it seems like ABC likes to hire within.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about ABC?
      Tell me about how you would deal with pushback from doctors, CEOS, etc?   Answer Question

Dedicated Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company in January 2016.

Interview

I was referred by an employee and received a phone interview within a week. I applied for a different position but the company matched me to the job titled Dedicated Advisor. The interview went on about 30 mins. I had a nice chat with the interviewer and answered all of the questions but was screened out afterward.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why advisory board? 2. Do you have any experience in using data to influence policy?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in November 2015.

Interview

The phone interview took 30min. A simple and easy interview process. It seems like the interviewer is just to facilitate the interview and record down our answers. The ones who made the hiring decision is someone else. I spoke to other alumni who work at ABC and I could sense the organization is not very structured.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied through an employee referral. I had a HR phone call a week later. Two weeks after that, I had another phone call with a director for the team I applied for.Passing these two rounds, I then had a three hour in-person interview with three directors. This last round took place three weeks after the second phone call. Pretty straight forward process. The questions are pretty standard behavioral ones. However, they did have a case study in one of the interviews. It has been close to two weeks and I am still waiting on a decision. No timeline was given to me. I also noticed scheduling the interviews took a long time. They seem a little disorganized and I have no idea what type of final decision (if any) I will be getting.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Austin, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

Got a call for an initial phone interview in June, then a second phone interview about four weeks after that, and finally an on-site interview about three weeks later. The first two rounds are mainly to gauge your background and see if you will fit in with the company culture. The on-site consists of three separate interviews with three different people in the department you're interviewing for. The first is, again, a review of your experience and culture assessment. The second you have to give a presentation on a data set given to you a week prior. The third is a case analysis. Overall the process is very meticulous and takes way too long, but from what I hear they have problems with turnover so it makes sense.

Interview Questions

• How would you recommend a hospital improve its quality of care based off (given set of data)?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in April 2015.

Interview

One week before the interview dates, HR sent me a .xcl data set (case study) to intemperate and create a 15min ppt presentation. The interview consisted of 3 60min interviews with directors of the program. Interviews consisted of basic behavioral questions and high level knowledge of healthcare industry. I presented the case study presentation to 1 of the 3 directors, who gave me immediate feedback on the presentation. After the last interview, they said that they'll make a decision 1 week later. They contacted me 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• How do you prioritize multiple projects?
      Give me an example of a time you had to say "no".   Answer Question

Dedicated Advisor Interview

Interview

Phone interview was around 30 minutes long, mostly behavioral interview questions. I was contacted by email for an onsite interview about a week later. The onsite interview was overall a good experience, I spoke with 3 managers, and they were all very courteous. I had to do a case interview for one of the interviews. They gave me an excel data set to analyze and create a powerpoint presentation.

Interview Questions

• Some of the behavioral interview questions during the phone interview were tough. You have to think on your feet.   Answer Question