The Advisory Board Company Dedicated Advisor Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

3.3

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in November 2015.

Interview

The phone interview took 30min. A simple and easy interview process. It seems like the interviewer is just to facilitate the interview and record down our answers. The ones who made the hiring decision is someone else. I spoke to other alumni who work at ABC and I could sense the organization is not very structured.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for The Advisory Board Company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied through an employee referral. I had a HR phone call a week later. Two weeks after that, I had another phone call with a director for the team I applied for.Passing these two rounds, I then had a three hour in-person interview with three directors. This last round took place three weeks after the second phone call. Pretty straight forward process. The questions are pretty standard behavioral ones. However, they did have a case study in one of the interviews. It has been close to two weeks and I am still waiting on a decision. No timeline was given to me. I also noticed scheduling the interviews took a long time. They seem a little disorganized and I have no idea what type of final decision (if any) I will be getting.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in April 2015.

Interview

One week before the interview dates, HR sent me a .xcl data set (case study) to intemperate and create a 15min ppt presentation. The interview consisted of 3 60min interviews with directors of the program. Interviews consisted of basic behavioral questions and high level knowledge of healthcare industry. I presented the case study presentation to 1 of the 3 directors, who gave me immediate feedback on the presentation. After the last interview, they said that they'll make a decision 1 week later. They contacted me 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• How do you prioritize multiple projects?
      Give me an example of a time you had to say "no".   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in April 2014.

Interview

1 phone interview with HR (who did not remember he had previously talked to me when he called me back after my in-person interview), followed by a day of in-person interviews at the DC office. The in-person interviews included 1 with a Manager and 2 with Directors, followed by a 20 minute presentation and Q&A for 2 Directors and 1 VP.

Interview Questions

• 1. How do you handle uncertainty? Ambiguity?
      2. How do you get doctors, who are extremely busy, to use a health care performance improvement application/product?
      3. What is your biggest weakness? What do you think you need to work on?
      4. How would you help a hospital executive tackle population health in his system? (i.e. what metrics would you look at first? what populations?)   Answer Question

Negotiation

Tried to negotiate, they did not budge on base salary. But, I was able to combine my relocation and signing bonus into one signing bonus - my move wouldn't be that expensive.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in February 2014.

Interview

Fairly rigorous, very much looking for a cultural fit on the specific team you are interviewing for. There will be mostly behavioral questions as the Advisory Board believes they can train anyone on the specifics of the job (they're correct). Prepare yourself to ask questions about the role and about team turnover, especially the average tenure and the longest tenure. Turnover is a huge problem at ABC and the teams with great chemistry don't have much turnover once people have been with the company for 2 years.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They don't negotiate at all.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in March 2013.

Interview

Pretty standard questions for behavioral question. What are your strengths and weaknesses. How do you think you could help the team. If you've made it this far, you're doing pretty well. They want to see your thought process and if you'll be a good fit for the team. Be prepared to answer a case question. If you haven't done one before google some. The question is to determine your thought process and reason for supporting.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They were not willing to negotiate salary I think this has to do with the ranges on the salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Interview

Initial and second round interview rounds were scheduled quickly. Response for moving from initial round to second round was quick as well, but the response from after the second round was incredibly delayed - 3 1/2 weeks with no response to my follow up email after a week and a half.

Interview Questions

• Business case about the amount of revenue received for tuxedos   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in November 2011.

Interview

Got an email about a week after applying online inviting me to interview for a research analyst position (which I originally applied for). Initial interview was on the phone with an HR representative; simple, standard experience and behavioral questions. At the end of interview, the interviewer suggested I also apply for the dedicated advisor/analyst position. I agreed to apply in addition to applying to the position I originally wanted, but HR took the initiative to disregard my application for the research analyst position from then on. I was then invited to an in-person interview about a week later. I had 4, one-on-one interviews and a writing test, which was a case question. Two of the interviews included a simple case question and the other two were simple behavioral/experience focused. About 2 weeks after that, I was invited to interview with one last team member, either in-person on the phone. Two weeks after that interview, I followed up with HR and got a rejection email on the same day.

The interviews themselves were easy-average in difficulty. Interviewers were all very friendly and made me feel comfortable. I agree with previous posters that ABC seems like employees are constantly rotating in and out of the company. On both days I went into the office, I met several people who were interviewing for various positions and the sign-in sheet was very full. I wasn't impressed with HR. They have different people contact you with each stage, which adds to the feeling of being on a rotation line within the ABC interview process, and they asked me for my resume each time after scheduling interviews, showing lack of coordination and organization.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in July 2011.

Interview

Was contacted a day after I applied. Interviewed with an HR recruiter over phone. The interview itself was quite HR focused asking general questions. The recruiter however went deep into project management even till what software tools to use. A lot of questions were quite a bit pointed and none of them were directed towards my experience in the healthcare sector or my understanding of the Healthcare bill. The interview lasted around 45 minutes but I had a feeling that the HR did not really ask me anything relevant which is consistent with other reviews here. I won't say it was a bad experience but overall I felt a bit disappointed for not getting through to the second round even after the recruiter explicitly mentioned that I'd be getting an email regarding next steps. The next I heard from them was after 6 weeks since the first round interview. I sent a couple of emails after a week and two weeks but never heard back. As I said, it was a disappointing experience overall because I thought highly of ABC prior to this.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in January 2011.

Interview

The interview was relatively simple. Understand that ABC is a healthcare think tank located in Washington DC. They don't get a lot of experienced healthcare professionals applying to their positions. Most folks are coming in with unrelated experience trying to "break into the industry". Seasoned hires should really ask for the moon during the interview process...chances are you'll know about the industry than the people interviewing you.

Interview Questions

• The questions are mostly content/industry related for seasoned hires.   Answer Question